Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Religion in HP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aaran St Vimes, in his most recent update of THe GRanger Defense, had some comments about religion in HP, which I found quite entertaining.
See more:
jpublic.livejournal.com/86661.html--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"

CattyNebulart

I agree and that is why religious nuts are so annoying. And those 'militant secularlist' are religious nuts, it's just their religion is that religion is bad.
Religious nuts always try to convince everyone of their views, while a truly secular person can appreciate how much religion and culture shaped each other and how much religion has contributed to literature and it's rich literary traditions.
And the problem is not with religion, it's with humans. Wheter it's a zealot from the middle east or a priest in alabama shouting to burn harry poter books because they contain witchcraft, they are the same type of people.
And I think this belongs in the politics forum, it has the potential to get nasty.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Angryoptimist

Tolerant = right, intolerant = wrong*. It's simple, and quite apart from any questions about which system of thought or belief is correct.
*It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiiidge Racerrrrrrr! Two great tastes that go great together!
/QUOTE/
Wheter it's a zealot from the middle east or a priest in alabama shouting to burn harry poter books because they contain witchcraft, they are the same type of people.
And I think this belongs in the politics forum, it has the potential to get nasty.
/ENDQUOTE/
Yes it dos have the potential to get nasty, but I have to point this out.
There is a VERY BIG difference between a priest in Alabama wanting to burn a book and a zealot in the middle east burning the book and then setting out to kill the writer of the book or anyone who defends/likes the book.
Which is what will happen if a Muftee decides something in HP is an afront to his religion.
I think your taking a comparision to an extreme and that is dangerous and as bad as the priest wanting to sensor HP.
For example it's possible by taking an example to the extreme to say that a person who carefully recycles all his paper to save trees is the same type of person as the radical enviromentalist who goes out and drives spikes into trees near a logging camp knowing the spike has a very good chance of killing or hurting a logger when the saw hits it.
howard melton
God bless