Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just a little story idea...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WengFook

that stuck me one day. Only time will tell if I am motivated enough to write the rest.
Revisiting the graveyard scene at the end of the Goblet of Fire.
-----------------------------------
Harry Potter was in a pinch. Well and royally screwed as screw-ups go. The tri-wizards cup had turned out to be a portkey which had brought him to Voldemort. Who had needed Harry's blood to finish the ritual to get himself a new body. Now that the ritual was complete Voldemort was forcing Harry to participate in a mockery of a wizards duel, The odds had been stacked against Harry Potter and most likely he would not survive the night unless some miracle happened. The difference in power was simply too great between them at this point.
Death Eaters stood silently watching with eager eyes behind their masks waiting for Voldemort to kill Harry Potter. The boy-who-lived. There was some light fog rolling around the graveyard, the air was clammy and chilling. The adrenaline of the moment was all that was keeping Harry warm.
Voldemort Gestured with his wand and the statue of the angel of death which was holding Harry in place released its hold on him. Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry? Voldemort asked as a death eater pushed Harry forwards to face the Dark Lord. Voldemort threw Harry's wand at his feet. Pick up your wand Potter. I said pick it up, get up. Get up! You've been taught how to duel I presume yes? First we bow to each other. Come on now Harry the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now would he? I said bow! Voldemort stabbed downwards with his wand and Harry doubled over in pain that erupted in his lower torso.
Voldemort bowed gracefully as if Harry was actively participating in a wizards duel Thats better and now Crucio!. Voldemort said as red light burst from the tip of his wand.
Harry dodged to the left and fired off an exploding hex in return using the resulting explosion as a distraction and hid himself behind a large grave marker. Harry listened as Voldemorts hurled curses and hexes at the area where Harry had been a moment ago.
Harry, your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mongrel mother. I'm going to kill you Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Voldemort called out to the air, from the sound of it he was facing away form Harry at the moment searching for some clue to where Harry was hiding.
Damn it! thought Harry This will only lead to my death if I drag this out. Isnt there anything I have learnt that I can use now? Harry bent his will inwards and pulled on his magical core summoning up his reserves of power for a fight to the death with Voldemort.
Then something drained the pool of magic he had summoned up and exerted a pull on his core. It was pulling more and more power out of him. Meanwhile Voldemort rounded the tombstone Harry was hiding behind.
Harry tried to scramble back onto his feet but failed at Voldemort casually gestured with his wand and locked Harry into place with a silent body binding jinx. Ahh Harry, you should not have run. Now I will take grea- Voldemort broke off suddenly as something caught his eye. Harry followed Voldemorts eyes and saw what had derailed the Dark Lords train of thought.
On the ground a large glowing circle appeared it was being filled with strange shapes, runes and patterns, one side of the circle had a crescent moon super imposed on a twelve pointed star.
Voldemort took a step backwards as the circle pulsed once with raw power. What is this Potter? What is the old man playing at now? Voldemort hissed. The Circle pulsed once more and then flared brightly enough to make Voldemort and Harry shield their eyes, inside the circle a hazy indistinct figure started to emerge from the circle, first a head and shoulders cleared it then the rest of the body followed.
The figure seemed to solidify as it passed through the circle. The circle pulsed once more when the figure fully emerged and then faded gradually from sight. The fog rolled back to reveal a person in an armor. Gauntleted hands clenched as the person raised her head and opened her eyes. Blue eyes locked on to Harry Potter.
Servant Saber reporting as summoned. Saber paused. Inquiry. Are you my master?
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Hmmmmm. Indeed.
Although the "Inquiry: Are you my master?" line has me imagining HK-47 playing the role... which lends the scene another feel entirely...--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

WengFook

Quote:
Although the "Inquiry: Are you my master?" line has me imagining HK-47 playing the role... which lends the scene another feel entirely...
heh I recently rewatched the first episode of F/SN. Oddly enough the subbers use that term of phrase when Saber appears for the first time.
Although there is something to be said for HK-47 appearing in a HP fic [Image: happy.gif]
I've got some ideas bouncing around for the rest of the story... but i've currently got another story fragment which i'm going to finish first before working on this story Tongue _______________________________
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer

What!? Were you expecitng something witty?
She's from Fate/Stay Night, a popular H-game that got turned into an anime. A fun universe to play in.
--
[Image: nanohafh1.jpg]

WengFook

img.photobucket.com/album...687109.jpg
This is Saber... and I just realised her eyes are green not blue :S
does anyone offhandedly know what kind of hairstyle Saber has? its kind of like a braid only not :S_______________________________
Actually, I have been kicking an idea around like that.
The name "Potter" comes from an ancestor who was a redeemed Dark-Lord whose most lasting legacy was the odd golemns he/she created.
Starts right off in the first book, when harry accidently bumps into a dark lump during his first visit to the old family vault.
Quote:
does anyone offhandedly know what kind of hairstyle Saber has? its kind of like a braid only not :S
It might be one I remember seeing identified as a "French braid" in For Better or For Worse. From this angle, I can't be sure. But that was a braid that doesn't extend from the head like a tail (I'm phrasing it badly, I know), and that's what this seems to be.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

WengFook

Vladimirtherin wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I have been kicking an idea around like that.
The name "Potter" comes from an ancestor who was a redeemed Dark-Lord whose most lasting legacy was the odd golemns he/she created.
Starts right off in the first book, when harry accidently bumps into a dark lump during his first visit to the old family vault.
I say... go for it! [Image: happy.gif] that would be something wicked cool to read [Image: happy.gif]
Inquiry: should I get rid of the annoying ferret for you master?
DHBirr said:
Quote:
It might be one I remember seeing identified as a "French braid" in For Better or For Worse. From this angle, I can't be sure.
hmm I think I have a picture of a back view of saber knocking about.. i'll see if I can upload it later [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
I dont know what the style is called, but what you're looking at is a long braid that has been wound up into a coil on the back of her head. My sister would wear hers like that once in a while..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children