Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Got a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone considered doing a X-over/mega X-over of anime series using the same VA of that series as a main character.
Case in point:
Tomozaku Sugita
Considering, for the last 3 series that has aired and he's the main character (Shuffle!, Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Kanon), and being the same character. It's been bouncing in my head since I read "The Blunt Force Trauma of Suzumiya Haruhi".
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
I remember a lot of terrible Ranma crossovers based on the fact that female Ranma's VA is ubiquitous. Everything from the fanfic where Ranma and rei shared the same soul and downhill from there.
The number of Kasumi/Belldandy are the same person fanfics I've read makes me cry when I think about it.
But are you talking about fanfics where the VA him/herself appears? I can't think of any.
-----------------
Epsilon
Quote:
I remember a lot of terrible Ranma crossovers based on the fact that female Ranma's VA is ubiquitous. Everything from the fanfic where Ranma and rei shared the same soul and downhill from there.
The number of Kasumi/Belldandy are the same person fanfics I've read makes me cry when I think about it.
Hmm..I supposed that has been done.
Granted, Megumi Hayashibara and Inoue Kikuo had been prolific. But, they had played the different characters.
Even the Bell/Kasumi fics has a different in the matter of degree..
However,

If you watch Shuffle!, Suzumiya Haruhi, now Kanon (and quite possible the next season of Nanoha), the lead male has the exact same character...I mean, swap them around and the odds are no one would notice the difference.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
If you want my recomendation, try, instead of VA's, similar character designs. I'd heard one very interesting meta-continuity idea that the reason many anime characters look similar is because of their 'actors'.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer

What!? Were you expecitng something witty?
You mean like Hikaru of Rayearth and Lina of Slayers being the same person?
Or Mai Tsurugino(Dont Lose! Makendo), Mia Alice(Dangaio), and that android girl from Zeorymer as the same person?--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
or Rei Ayanami and her sisters in Burst Angel, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Zero no Tsukaima, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, etc.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Going for the next Chuunin Exam, after the rather disastrous one at Konoha...
Ersatz Team Seven: Haruno Sakura, Tenjou Utena, and a slightly older Anita King....--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Anita King? Bah.
Louise Franoise Le Blanc de La Vallire.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
or Rei Ayanami and her sisters in Burst Angel, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Zero no Tsukaima, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, etc.

Silence of the Kawaii?
Or if you want to go the other way...every female character with the mad noblewoman laugh...from Naga the White Snake to Sumire Kanzaki to Kodachi Kuno (fanon?).
Can you imagine a synchonized laugh from all of them?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
Can you imagine a synchonized laugh from all of them?
Oohhhh.... Now that just makes my skin crawl.

Quote:
Has anyone considered doing a X-over/mega X-over of anime series using the same VA of that series as a main character.
Well, some years ago I suggested (mostly tongue-in-cheek) a grand multi-crossover in which all the characters voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi shifted one universe to the left -- and since she's done a large number of characters including Sailor Moon, Misato Katsuragi, Excel Excel, Mink from "Dragon Half", Mireille Bouquet, Juri Arisugawa, Birdy from "Birdy the Mighty", and Ebichu the hamster, the possibilities for comedy were, I felt, endless...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
... I can only begin to imagine what Juri would be doing in Ebichu's place... And vice-versa.

Ebichu with a sword? Eek.
-- Bob
---------

The Hunterminator

Quote:
Well, some years ago I suggested (mostly tongue-in-cheek) a grand multi-crossover in which all the characters voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi shifted one universe to the left -- and since she's done a large number of characters including Sailor Moon, Misato Katsuragi, Excel Excel, Mink from "Dragon Half", Mireille Bouquet, Juri Arisugawa, Birdy from "Birdy the Mighty", and Ebichu the hamster, the possibilities for comedy were, I felt, endless...
I remember that topic, I had a lot of fun reading it.
p087.ezboard.com/fdrunkar...=1&stop=20
Oh yeah, that's definitely where it started. I think we worked it over again in another thread, but I haven't gone looking to confirm, though.
-- Bob
---------
I've had an idea for years about a totally straight rewrite of the first ep of Evangelion.
With Mink picking up Haruka Tenou at the train, taking her back to NERV, where Haruka pilots the Evangelion to save the life of the terribly injured Lina Inverse...
(I called it a VA Slide. It still may happen, if I ever give a flying goddamn.)Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Quote:
Ebichu with a sword? Eek.
Actually, I was thinking of her reactions to the shenanigans Ebichu's owner puts her though... But now that I do think about it, a sword would most likely come into play rather quickly.