Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: those "ARGH! My head just exploded!" moments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had one. Since Sasuke's mom never got named officially, as far as I can remember, fic writers have to pull one out of their ... ear ... if they want to use her much - nothing unexpected there, perfectly normal. I did something similar for Sandaime's personal name recently.
The trouble was when the fic I was just reading named her Mikoto.
ARGH! Just THINKING it ... with the evil older brother and everything... ARGH!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Angryoptimist

According to Wikipedia, that's actually her name.
Didn't make the evil brother quasi-connection, but I did think of a certain other huge-sword wielding Mikoto when I first learned that... Two great tastes that go great together!
... if anything, that only makes it worse ... like trying to seperate Makoto in El Hazard from Makoto in Sailor Moon, before I'd experienced anything but fanfic of either. The Samurai Showdown Mikoto (you I only just found searching for the name and "big sword") is a rather attractive young lady, but the silky purple hair makes it easier. It looks like the information on most of the Uchiha comes from the databooks, though, so I suppose it's not suprising if I missed it since I pretty much only have the manga scanslations and anime. Probably if I bothered to read one of the series-dedicated boards I'd see that stuff more, but I pretty much only follow the Moustache Gai Fanclub on Narutofan and this one... and not even all the subsections of this one.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
It seems to have
a physical suck, yeah
Fic reaches out, and
crushes all of your joy
It seems to have
a physical suck, yeah
A fic so bad
it wipes all thoguht from your mind
I can't even read this
it really is so bad
written with the grammar skills
of potato salad
and now I know
new definitions for pain
here comes another again
and now it seems
it seems FF net's crawling with them!
(chorus)SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Angryoptimist

QUITE AS NINJAS? Sakura imploded
*SPONTANEOUS HEAD DETONATION*
This would be the "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." kind of head explosion.-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!

Elsa Bibat

...anyone ever heard of what happened to the Shannaro project for scanlating the Naruto databooks?
I have a raw copy and there are some pretty interesting stats there. Iruka's pretty well balanced all around but has one stat that's pretty high - I think it's tactics since Shikamaru's stat for that is god-like.

Jeap

Mai Shiranui is Genma Shiranui's little sister.
Both are ninjas, have brown hair, and both have the same last name. Coinicedence or family strewn across the dimensions? I'm going with the latter.
I'll see your brain boom and raise you the wrongness that is Moustache Mai.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm