Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: You know you've read too much Naruto fic when
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there's three bits of dog doo in Father Ralph O'Rourke's Porcelain Confessional, and as you flush you think to yourself, " ...SHARINGAN!"
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Angryoptimist

I envy your ability to pull off humorous non sequiturs like this. Two great tastes that go great together!
Since no one else had any additions for a list, a bit of more generaic Naruto humor awaits - in the form of an image in the sig on the third post in this thread called "Orochiwonka and the Candy Factory." It's hidden by a "spoiler" button as a courtesy to those with low bandwidth or something, but the title is above the button.
- CD
ETA: Thread title is NSFW, actual content is meh but it appears as the browser window name
ETA2: (back to the original subject) ... anytime there's a list of the Special Jounin, it takes a minute to realise that not listing "Baksuta Neshan" is in fact NOT a mistake. Likewise when the plot calls for a sealing expert or something to do with the Archives or Academy. SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
#3: ... you start figuring out how to handle ninja abilities in game systems not meant for superpowers.
For example, puppets in Mekton Z. All the characters pretty much have to be designed as 'Oids anyway with TC and Tech-Org (but not neccesarily Regen) and at least one e-pool for jutsu use (except Rock Lee) making the use of a nin-puppet a simple matter of buying Remote Control with a reasonable range limit (The most any puppet has been shown to operate form the master is probably two hundred feet or so, and that was Sasori with his huge army filling the sky) and a control multiple to fit the user's skill level. Then, build the remotes as usual - this even allows for Chiyo's ability to use Sakura as a puppet during the Sasori battle.
See, you really CAN build anyhting in MTS, though I think that was pretty conclusively proven when people built stats for fruit and tupperware, and an affordable micro-nuke pistol for the masses.
- CD hey, wait.. since I'm the big Remote fan of the MZML, does that mean I'm dispoded toward being a puppet user? Actually... I'm cool with thatSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
#4: ... writing a Naruto/HP crossover seems like a good idea, based solely on the much abused Snake Connection.
#5: ... you break off into laughter whenever you consider dusing off the old game pile and playing a round of Giants:Citizen Kabuto.
#6: ... you see a Naruto/Hinata fanfic you've not come across before and instinctively go 'meh'. - I call it the 'it's been done to death' syndrome.
#7: ... every time you go to do yardwork, you search the garden shed for tools resembling kunai.
#8: ... you're reading Love Hina and keep mumbling 'Kyuu-chan' whenever you see Kitsune.
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
#9 ... you name your goldfish "Itachi" or "Sasuke" because it has red eyes with black spots
#10 ... you name any pet after any nin-beast or summon. Or espescially, Bijuu. Shuukaku! Shuukaku, bring the slippers! Good boy.
- CD
--
Our kitten's name is Bijou. Just a cross-language coincidence, but she is quite the fierce little tailed beast... [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
(Now if only I could convince her to stop trying to eat shirt buttons...)

WengFook

11# You tend to instinctively pull up the front of your shirt just enough so that it hangs off your nose.
12# You think ramen is the best japanese dish... evar._______________________________
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black

Angryoptimist

13# You, upon getting a pet snake, name the critter Orochimaru.
13b# You giggled when you did this, as the snake is somewhat small and you imagined at the time that, had Orochimaru existed, he would be quite angry about having a tiny snake named after him.
(I did both of these.)-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!