Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Shock!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Much to my suprise, it seems no one has siezed n the seemingly-obvious reversal of a common aphorism to make a revelutionary slogan that is "Fight the hand that beats you!" Hence, I donate it for the use of the writer maniacs here, wherever it may seem apropos.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I have another great phrase to offer - "(character) could quite possibly walk on water, if only because the water didn't want to let (him/her) down." For that leader type who inspires starkly incredible levels of loyalty.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Quote:
I have another great phrase to offer - "(character) could quite possibly walk on water, if only because the water didn't want to let (him/her) down." For that leader type who inspires starkly incredible levels of loyalty.
Carrot Ironfoundersson in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
And now for that timeworn plot device: The Wishing Artifact!
This time around, it's Genie in the Bottle! New from ACME Salon, just lather, rinse, repeat, blow-dry and style and get ta' wish-grantin'! Contains three applications. MAKE SURE YOU REPEAT! Half a wish is only temporary, or goes horribly wrong!
--
(content deleted to go in the Crossovers that Should Not Be thread where it belongs, rather than this one, for winning phrases free for general use as needed)
--
Man, tough crowd. Anyway, I've got another one along the lines of the nukenin/ukenin (AWOL-ninja/fag-ninja) pun:
"Akazuki?" Naruto asked, before hopping up and down excitedly. "Yeah! Yeah! I love akazuki miso ramen!" he shouted.
Jiraya facepalmed.
- CD
ETA: top page of that japanese cooking site - looks like a useful reference, ne?SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Spiny-Shinji: "Have you ever heard the expression, 'Needs must when the devil drives?' Well, you need to buckle up, seat belts are a must when Misato is driving!"
--
Sub-Nuclear Alternating Flux Undercutter
Tachyon-Accelerated Rotary Firing Unit
Ferro-Uranic Bolt Acceleration Relay
The idea here, of course, comes from the acronyms:
SNAFU
TARFU
FUBAR
There's a weapon for every problem there.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.