Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Prophecy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my dream, the world was ash, and the air thick with the copper tang of blood. I tuyrned, and a skeleton with eyes of blue fire was before me. It spoke, and the world shook, and the words wee therse:

The spoon of destruction
Reversible frog marks your steps
ATTEND!
A candle flickers in snow
The stone within stone will crack
Volatile mushroom--
Then I racked it with a piece of rebar, and it collapsed to its bony knees squealing as if there'd been something there to hit besides bone, and fell apart into a pile of bones. A bird flew into the pile backwards, like running film the wrong way through a projector, and it eyefires cought the whole thing alight leaving a set of keys when it burned to ashes.I took them and openened a lock in mid air, and the dream blinked out like the image on an old TV tube, flattening out to a line that was my opening eyelids.
I figured it was freaky enough to be amusing, hence the post.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Kokuten

That could be a wonderful opener for a story about a guy who's beset by all manner of weird occurences, has an in-depth knowledge of the occult, and just beats hell out of 'em.
I'm thinking an amoral Constantine, with more anime references.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
... and that's different from normal Constantine how? Well, aside from the anime references - You don't get much more amoral than Con-Job, at least not and have a remotely sympathetic character. If he's stopped more wrong than he's done it's only because supernatural arseholes keep messing with him at the same time as a bunch of other people.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows