Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: plotbunny at crunchtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Temari boggled. Strange enough that Gaara had been some approximation of civil to her and Kankuro as they returned from that debacle of an invasion, but then he'd apparently gone to one of the Sand's ninja supply shops and ordered some things for delivery... What the hell? Gaara *never* bought stuff, those rare times he wanted something his siblings or Baki~sensei hadn't anticipated he just took it immediately, and if his demon wasn't too bloodthirsty left the merchant talk to one of them. (PSP entry limit)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
And yet, on the step, there it was, wrapped in innocuous plain paper, with a recipt made out to Sabaku no Gaara, Paid In Full. She'd checked it for traps before bringing it in, of course, but looking at the ... apparition that had just stepped calmly out of her younger brother's room the blonde kunoichi couldn't help but think she'd been caught in some horrible genjutsu, or hallucinogenic poison. Her jaw flapped weakly a few times.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
... for 'lo and behold, there was spandex.

-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
"Temari," he greeted, in the usual monotone. He stood in the door frame, calm and motionless as the sun baked cliffs, while her stupefied eyes flicked from the slicked down hair to the eye~tearingly bright orange sand gourd to the green jumpsuit... suddenly, she felt quite weak. Perhaps that poison was killing her now? Of all the nightmares she'd had of being wrapped in *that* sand, she'd never thought of it being warm and soft, as if her sociopath little brother was giving her a hug instead of being about
--
to end her life. *At least someone sprang for the good stuff to assassinate me," she thought with a small, crazed giggle, leaning into the sand that laid her carefully prone, then retreated back to the gourd.
Gaara blinked once, then stated, "Rest. You have been overwhelmed by the power of my springtime of youth."
Temari fainted.
~ CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--

Angryoptimist

Disseminating Gaara-in-green-spandex humor on the Internet via PSP is awesome.-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
Quote:
Disseminating Gaara-in-green-spandex humor on the Internet via PSP is awesome.
The power of youth compelled me!
Of course, what's not awesome is the short limit on field entry length, nor is the fact that the PSP font doesn't distinguish between dashes and tildes, and most epescially not cool is when the only way I can get at ezBoard for about a week is on said PSP. That makes absolutely no sense, since it's all going throguh the same router to my cable modem... Whatever, it's working again now, naturally.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--

Sirrocco

"The Power of Youth Compels You! The Power of Youth Compels You!"
*BANG*
"Dammit. That always happens."
---------------------
The power of youth is explosive, after all.
---------------------
and going even futher afield...
Crossover/Fusion with the Tick in green spandex and confused references to the Explosive Power of Youth wrt the Evil Midnight Bomber?
"Arthur! Run around the walls of Konoha three times!"
for such a ridiculous idea, the characters are pretty similar in some ways (even if they do have rather different ideas about ninja.)
---------------------
Hokay. It's officially loopy o'clock. Seriously, though, if anyone can do anything with any of this, feel free. I think there are scraps of about three or four different horribly implausible plot-bunnies crammed in there. Have fun with any/all of them, if you'ld like.
Rat, Horse, Bull. "Gai," he said seriously, forming several handseals. "The power of youth compels you."
"But..."
Monkey, Boar, Rabbit. "The power of youth compels you."
"The..."
Scissors, Rock, Paper, Bomb. "The power of YOUTH compels you."
"You are right, of course, my wise student!" Gai exclaimed, seizing the somewhat smaller shinobi in an enthusaistic bear hug. "We shall follow my great rival's plan." He began to rush off, then paused and released Nobegami before continuing.
Nobegami turned to see Kakashi staring at him with both eyes wide open, sharingan clearly visible in his left eye. "What?" he asked.
"Could you do that again," the jonin asked. "I didn't quite catch all the seals you used, but I'm ready now."
The chunin sighed and pulled several sheets of paper out of his vest, fanning them in one hand. "It's not a real jutsu, sir."
"But it would be so useful," whined Kakashi.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
That's so damn funny it's a health hazard! Literally, I cracked the back of my head a good one on the rocking chair behind me laughing at it. If I can possibly come up with even the flimsiest justification that's in.
- CD
ETA: Speaking of which, I actually got some stuff written on TXY2 yesterday - unfortunately I'd just jumped in whwre I left off and ended up repeating a joke and some exposition I'd already done, and including a character that I'd said was somewhere else... Oh well, it's still a good prototype for a useable version, I already know how to make it work.SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
First off, it kind of hit me just how well Tenten does fit as a student of Neshan while waiting for the next Academy class to graduate and let her form a team - Neither of them are from ninja families (well, Tenten might technically be, but as a Kyuubi orphan found in one of the wrecked sectors without any ID, since toddlers rarely carry any, who would know?) but more to the point, both are serious and hard working as ninja, and her one special technique involves sealing scrolls full of weapons. His position in charge of the Archives and Academy departments would also allow him to get her some sub-D missions like what are handed out to last year Academy student teams for training, or assistant/intern spots, to supplement the Widows & Orphans Fund stipend that's reduced after graduating to Genin rank.
As for Lee - I decided that no, he can't do the sticky thing, or anything that requires releasing chakra from the body, only internal manipulations aka advanced taijutsu. Fortunately for him, the Silent Cat's Foot is just such a manipulation, and while it doesn't allow for climbing sheer walls it does let him compensate for the training weights to keep from breaking floors/sinking into soft ground/etc. ... and without the weights, he can balance on a single salk of grass without bending it. Adjusting his weight so surface tension will hold him up on water... not there yet.
Now fot the good stuff - there actually is a rational reason for poly relationships in the ninja world, if you think about it - the ratio of graduating boys to girls is pretty close to dead on 2:1, but human birth rates generally hover around even barring genetic disorders or mass infanticide. Considering the high risk of the profession and the fact that the best ninja generally come from a clan where it's traditional, and the fact that more young male ninja are getting killed off than young washout or never-trained girls from ninja clans means that there's likely to be an imbalance the other way in total population... and the pressure to find a husband from a ninja clan to maintain/improve the bloodline (even without bloodline limit techniques to consider) means threesomes or moresomes make sense. Aside form that, there's the way the world is constructed as a semi-mirror of feudal Japan with ninja in the top spot instead of samurai, who were historically allowed multiple wives or a wife and official mistresses IIRC.
Even two or three girls without a guy are likely to carry a light social stigma at worst, since two compatible people sticking together until they find a mutally acceptable third only improves the odds, even if Sakura does think it's freaky-wierd-don't-think-about-it that her sister and Inuzuka Hana broke up with - is it Kotetsu that's one of Sandaime's assistant/guards, or Genma, or both? I'm thinking of the guy with the bandage across his nose - but have kept dating on their own.
So... Yay poly! Yay yuriluvluv! Poly! Yay! Yuriluvluv! Yay! Yay, yay poly yuriluvluv! Yay!
--
Household/utility ninjustu:
Fuuton: Fuu-tan Futon - (wind-type: Air sprite sleeping pad) ninjutsu that creates a cusion of air to be a comfortable mattress. Can be used to break falls if pumped with a full load of chakra but omitting the last hand seal, which normally makes it thinner but durable enoguh to last through a full night's sleep.
Kaasan Ninpo: Oishii Ningyo - (Mom ninja magic: delicious doll) similar in many ways to nin-puppetry, this also involves a ninjutsu to make joints in the animated material - usually a cookie - to let children chase it around. Has obvious utility as a momentary distraction.
Raiton: Mushidengeki - (electric type: Bug zapper) energises a metal object and makes it glow, to attract and kill bugs flying around at night. Not espescially useful against Aburame or other bug-users nin-bugs, but handy when making camp if you can afford the slight hum and crackle of energy it produces, or to carry a distracting shock on a metal weapon.
Suiton: Uzumaki Fukisouji - (water type: swirling scrubber) produces a small amount of water from condensation or drawn from a nearby container, which is kept contained in a spinning mass with a fair amount of force in it to clean dishes, floors, or linens. Barely-beyond-touch range limits its batltefield utility even as a distraction.

Stupid Seal Scroll Tricks:
Lick-em-stick-em Temporary Curse Seal - A pocket-size scroll is prepared with massive amounts of pre-embedded chakra and the neccessary jutsu seals to imbue the user with it when activated, a physical transformation is optional and stupidly dangerous without jinchuuriki level regeneration. Using it is effectively the same as Kakashi sommoning his dog pack, except that at the end of the hand seals instead of a cloud of smoke and summons, the ink leaks out of the scroll and across the user's body, looking like a L1 seal and providing the user with a big chakra boost. This is actually less harmul than the real thing since the inked seals hold and conduct the excess rather than forcing it into the user, but inner coil system stress or damage can still occur because it has to be taken in to actually be used, espescially if the user has iffy chakra control (mid-chuunin grade or below.)
Nin-Police Capture Scroll - rather than try to restrain an unwilling ninja, or risk damage by repeatedly knocking them out, the Uchiha clan developed these capture scrolls, essentially nothing more than the kind of item sealing scrolls commonly used by weapon masters modified to safely hold a living creature. The target can fairly eaily resist unless their stamina is all but depleted, however, so a battle is still usually a prerequisite to capture. Generally marked in uchiha red and white if not with the family crest itself, this invention was a significant factor in the Uchiha-dominated Konoha Police Force reputation for tracking down criminals and catching 'em all. They are occasionally also used by ANBU or Hunter-nin when information is required from the target rather than simple termination, or for acquiring wild nin-beasts for training purposes.
--
Very catchy.
Disturbingly so.
- CD hasn't done a Nice Guy Pose Gaara... yetSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
"A father should not have to kill his precious child, and a teacher should not have to kill his precious student. Bad enough that your teachers stand opposed to you... entrust Orochimaru to us!"
So, Drakensis, d'you think Nobegami is more up to being part of the squad that goes after His Snakeyness, with Kakashi, Gai, and Anko, with the ANBU and Sandaime-sama against the zombie First and Second, or trying to catch Kabuto with Neshan?
--
Orochimaru would be the most likely choice - Kabuto wouldn't really register as a major problem in comparison, and between the other two threats, he'd take the one his sensei went after. Given how badly out of his weight-class snakeface is, he'd try to pop out of hiding and immobilise him with shadow or paper jutsus for someone else to get a killing hit in.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
That's pretty much what I had in mind ofr him to be doing - that and keeping an eye out for more hostiles or friendly reinforcements - I do rmemeber he's a chuunin after all.
--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8