Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking For A Fic...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or more precisely, trying to remember a particular fic so I can find out if it were ever completed. Hopefully someone here can clue me in.
Details: "Magic Knight Rayearth" story. Hikaru returns to Earth from Cephiro -- except it's the wrong Earth. She doesn't have a dog named Hikari, she has a twin sister. She and the other Knights were friends, but one's dead now. And she's just come out of a long period of hospitalization, and as time goes on, it seems more and more likely that her time in Cephiro was a bizarre delusion/dream, and she begins to settle in to her "real" life again.
Until, of course, Bad Things start happening, her powers reawaken, and the other Magic Knights come after her -- with the one who was dead spontaneously resurrecting to house the spirit of her off-world counterpart.
Can anyone recognize this fic and point me at it? Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Yes but no, dammit. I know exactly the fic you've got in mind - matches my memory to every point - but can't call to mind the author or title.
Damn, now I want to read it again, too...
Late 90s or '00-02, I think, and from somebody who worked on the ffml...
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
this might be what you're looking for...
Caught Between Worlds
www.mitsukai.com/CBW/CBW.htm
I don't think this site has been updated in a while, don't know if there's a more recent site.__________________
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Kokuten

methinks I'm reading that tonight.
undead zombie ninja WARRIOR OF LIGHT!
heheh. awesome.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
It's very good. If unfortunately incomplete [Image: frown.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Ayup, A Duet of Pigtails, orginally by Libby Thomas, then passed on to Rob Barba by request of Libby.
In case anyone is interested, the original can be found on FF.Net here.
In Rob Barba's rewrite, he has yet to actually reach the ADOP storyline. Most of what he's done was actually the preludes.
*Edit*
Wait wait wait...
Brain, catch up with fingers!
Sorry about that, Caught Between Worlds and A Duet of Pigtails both have Rayearth in 'em, and A Duet of Pigtails is the one fic that I'm desperately hoping to see updated (and finished) one day. Didn't help that I just rediscovered it and was reading the original at the time...[Image: Bansho.jpg]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Quote:
this might be what you're looking for...
Caught Between Worlds
Yes! Exactly!
And bonus: Sailor Moon AX on the same site -- I'd all but forgotten about that story...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
yeah, I've read several of the fics on that site. SM AX, Duet of Pigtails, Digital River (a Dirty Pair fic), and I think I started Caught between worlds (which was how I recognised it).__________________
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.