Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Searchin' for DC ficcage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know of some decent DC Comic ficcage?
I know of Cat Tales and the associated stuff, and Post's These Black Eyes (and the sequel), and Lord Belgarion's Titan's Song, but I'm bored and I search for more.
Anyone got some good stuff to feed me?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Hmm. How about these sites?
www.fauxdc.com/
www.geocities.com/the5earths/home.htm
paratime.ca/dclegends/
dark_mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm
www.continuumworlds.org/tales.html
This should give you a nice good starting point. I hope.
Faux DC and Five Earths Projects are probably the best ones.
I'm waiting for the next issue of Supergirl from Faux DC:
Earth Angel Supergirl vs Dark Angel in Nazi Germany
Continuum has a few ways on how Kara Zor-El was returned from death after Crisis that are much better than what DC gave us.Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Court Martial by Charlene Edwards.
Nightwing is tried by the Justice League for involvement in Blockbuster's death.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
SD,
I'll be honest here, I've most of those before, and I'm unimpressed.
They all seem focussed on creating something like a comic-book-in-text, and not on making a decent piece of writing. Not my thing, really.
The stuff I listed above are more my thing, really.

DP29,
Looks intriguing. I'll give it a look.--

Sirrocco

I don't know if it quqlifies, but...
Dust Traveler does a fair amount of stuff with Teen Titans - it's pretty much exclusively Robin/Raven, but I've been working through his (large) archive, and I haven't yet read anything that wasn't excellent.
Quote:
I'll be honest here, I've most of those before, and I'm unimpressed.
They all seem focussed on creating something like a comic-book-in-text, and not on making a decent piece of writing. Not my thing, really.
Point. Hmmm. Crisis really messed things up didn't it?
Justice League: The Spider.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2070973/1/
It is filled with a lot misspellings, but he tries to tell a decent story. It is complete.
There is also this group of fanfictions:
superman.ws/super-adventures/
I don't know if they are what you are looking for either.
Ah well.
Iczeria on the Anime Addventures probably wouldn't appeal to you either, but here's the start of the story[Image: frown.gif] Iczer/DC xover)
addventure.bast-enterpris...39126.html--------------------
--------------------
Guiding Star by Adamant Eve aka anna-neko. A Teen Titans Robin/Starfire fic. The author advises that readers look at another story of hers before reading this one, but I don't consider that necessary, m'self.
-- Acyl
Quote:
Anyone know of some decent DC Comic ficcage?
Do you prefer pure, or will you accept crossover?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Ah, crossover's fine. To be honest, one of my favorite DC works is "Fates of Love" over on TTH.--
Okay, then.... entirely by accident this weekend I stumbled across a story at FFNet that drops Xander from BTVS into Teen Titans. It's not bad overall but by the time I reached the latest installment, Xander's developing a bad case of the ubers. It's not without consequences, though, which is one of the things that kept me reading. You may or may not get as much entertainment out of it as I did, but I figured I'd share. The author is Cyclone, and while I can't remember the name of the story, it's the one that had a 7/2/06 update and was at the top of his list the last time I looked at it.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
The author is Cyclone, and while I can't remember the name of the story, it's the one that had a 7/2/06 update and was at the top of his list the last time I looked at it.
I've read that one. Rather liked it, actually, though it's got a fair bit of Xander-Sue to it. Still fun.
Direct link: The Nighthawk Chronicles
On another crossover note? Guess: The Titans and the Lost Boy. It's not wonderful, but it did amuse me.
And here's a non-crossover one I really really liked, but then...I've always had a soft spot for Secret (the ghost girl from Young Justice), so your milage may vary. Family Affairs. But even if you aren't into Robin/Secret, there's still a lot of meat here - a grim picture of a crisis situation and Tim Drake taking charge, handling of the whole 'family' theme...powerful stuff.
-- Acyl
A Zeppo in Gotham by Lisa Roquin, who knows enough to end a fic where the premise is "how would these characters react when they met" after answering the question. Not that I wouldn't like to see more of this, because Abrihet is too fun to watch if for no other reason.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Lisa has a few one-shots that are follow ups to A Zeppo in Gotham on her site as well.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Quote:
A Zeppo in Gotham by Lisa Roquin
Oh, yeah, this one. Read this a while back. It has the potential to have been a good story, but it is drowned in run-on sentences, random capitalization, a fair number of missing words, bungled edits, and just to spice things up, the occasional misspelling/typo.
Abrihet's characterization is just wonderful, though, and I did read the thing to the end despite all its manifold faults...
-- Bob
---------
I read the Nighthawk Cronicles last night. I can't say I care for it. It's not just the Xander-Sue aspect that puts me off, its the fact that he kills a few badguys, expresses a desire to kill a few more, and Batman and Superman are apparently willing to let this slide. I can see Xander using lethal measures in these sorts of situations, but not Clark and Bruce being sort of O.K. with it.
----------
Agree,d DP. That was my personal issue with it, which is why I stopped following it very closely.--