Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: short - A Step Beyond The End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll admit, what sparked this was Thomas _Riley Finn_ and a the typical 'Cornbred?!' spittake. Taken waaaay, waaaaay too far, because IIRC (and I could be wrong - my memory's as full of holes as a Pinto in a war zone) Drake never quite specified why his WoD characters are ending up all over the place ...

Important safety tip. When you end up atop a skyscraper, a skyline of same extending all around you, you should check once, check twice, check three times if there's anybody watching in the vicinity. Then, just for the heck of it, check again. And if you're no sure you're not being watched, take the damn elevator.
He hadn't.
As a result he'd spent some time enjoying the hospitality of the state ... or a branch thereof.
And no, the fact that the person to bring him in was so hot she was well into the infra-red spectrum didn't really allay the discomfort any.
Not because of the humiliation factor either. Hell, if he'd been intimidated by women who could kick his ass around like a soccer ball, he'd have never taken that Fury contract a year or so ago.
At least he thought it was a year or so. It should be.
On the other hand, he also _should_ have still been well within the farthest reaches of Umbra, hoping the whole mess that was going on could somehow just blow over.
Well, Liam Iskander Crowley had never claimed to be a fighter, whereas he'd often outright stated he was a consummate coward.
He was only hoping that Cornbred and that scruffy lot of his had taken his last 'Somebody fucked up. Gehenna/The End of Days/the Apocalypse is coming. As in _now_. Making like Lewis Caroll. Suggest you and yours do the same, STAT!' message seriously, but you never knew with those wolves and their 'stand or die' sort of honor.
With a sigh and a slump of the shoulders, he knocked on the door, then entered.
Well, other than working for the 'Man', this wasn't entirely a bad situation. At least they hadn't tried to cut him open and replace his brain with tin or something. He'd never been a technophobe, but then again, he'd never expected to end up where he was now either.
Though the fact that he was relegated to information gathering was familiar enough. 'Least he was good at doing that.
Now if he could only find something to blackmail Batou into stopping those 'drag queen' jokes.
Honestly, just because he was a bird most of the time when on duty ...
... with another sigh, the sole Corax currently on that dimensional wavelength entered the briefing room of Public Security Section 9.

I never actually used Liam in a game, back when I was still doing the WoD thing. I was a bit of a Bastet fan, to be honest, but the were-cat thing's been done to death in the past few years.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Yay! There needs to be more anime/WOD crossovers!

Thomas Riley Finn is a pseudonym used by my longest running werewolf characters on the rare occasions that he has to interact with humans. It's a deliberate reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer... and let's him sign his name Tho. R Finn (which is handy since his actual name is Thorfinn). Well, it was handy before he traded his body to Luna in return for her freeing the entire Garou Nation from a mirror realm.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.