Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: controversely, I don't really hate it when this happens ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... but it is a mite annoying. I've lumped "Incarna: Empress' New Robes" into a single file and was commencing some editsu on it because I wanted something mindless and relaxing to do. Whereupon I caught myself thinking 'this is decent, but I could think of a few ways in which it could be so much better' at least about the story flow, which, when I look at it now, sometimes just isn't there.
I've caught myself noticing just how awkward some of it is, and it reminded me of a while ago.
Hence, the decision.
"Empress' New Robes" is going in for a rewrite. Some things will be reused ... hell, I can safely say that most of them will, because I'm not stupid enough to scrap 266 kilobytes worth of perfectly good, if disjointed, text.
I'm not promising a lesser amount of Deus Ex Machina moments - that's pretty much impossible, given the premise - but I'd like to think that I have a better idea how to approach this beast here and now than I did back when Otome was incomplete and it was merely a fun jammage writing job. And what still remains to be written for the project doesn't really change with this reworking. It's just that I hope to make the setup so much better. Or just easier to write. Either. Both. ^_^.
*chuckles* Curiously, Change Dusk is kind of in the same situation, but somehow manages to make it work to its advantage. Heh. Maybe because Nate's had more going into that than I did. I think he's generally got a better grasp of the ... scope ... of a story than I do, anyway.
Also, I've decided on a theme song for this project, just because it fits so damn well.
Chimaera, by Bad Religion
you took a time bomb,
and a case of crackers,
and you made a maelstrom of organic debris,
then you took a work bench,
and a rusty anvil,
and you polished them for everyone to see,
you have created an unhealthy monster,
but you're nowhere but nowhere to be found,
so I guess I'll just cope with my provisions,
from now until the day they lay me down
you took a baboon,
and made him perfect,
you took a lion,
and stripped him of his pride,
then you took a million more varieties,
a scalpel and a sartory,
and you stitched up a horrible surprise,
you have created an unsocial monster,
and you're searched for all over the globe,
and most believe that things would sure be better,
if you'd come down here and tell us what you know
who is to blame for this?
someone tell me please,
his handiwork is flawed,
and it's there for all to see,
mutations, aberrations and blatant anomalies,
they multiply and give rise to this...monstrosity,
you took the most abundant smallest bits of matter,
and you instilled them with affinity,
and then you stratified accumulations,
weeded out bad variations,
and blended up your unique recipe,
you have created a powerful monster,
with direction and purpose all its own,
and if you were here,
would things be any different?
or are you just a mosaic of thoughts alone?

I hereby propose to make it the patron song of crossovers and fusions everywhere.

-Griever
oddly chipper despite the occurance
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm