Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Why I shouldn't write at 4am... (CoH Fanfic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says. City of Heroes material. I just finished this a while ago, in one massive straight-line burst. 's pretty short, but it took me a bit to get it where I wanted...and...and I probably shouldn't actually post it until I've had a day or so to stew and make edits. But...I'm impatient.
Well, more critically, I'd like permission to reference the Legendary...and a particular character from the team (Minuet Mac Hine), and if I get that, then I'd probably change the appropriate paragraph accordingly. Why the Legendary, and why Min? Well, it's about Syndesis, my DM/Regen scrapper.
"Fifty"
-- Acyl
Okay, that was pretty cool [Image: smile.gif] It makes me want to get to work on my short story for Paladrone hitting 50 (basically a post testing report).--
"An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Niiice. I like.
I ought to do pieces like that on all my characters.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
I was going to do something about Paradoxe's origin.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Last night I missed this bit in your original post:
Quote:
Well, more critically, I'd like permission to reference the Legendary..
Inasfar as I have any authority at all -- which is whatever the other members allow me -- I certainly have no problems at all with you referencing the Legendary.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
Quote:
Inasfar as I have any authority at all -- which is whatever the other members allow me -- I certainly have no problems at all with you referencing the Legendary.
Ah, thank you, good sir. That's very good. Now, all I need to do is get a nod from Min's player...
I've done a few bits of scribbling about my CoH characters, and plan to do a few more. For me, half the fun of the game is realising character concepts or costume designs. And it's a small step from there to writing. This set of origin story snippets I'm workin' on...they're short enough I can actually do 'em in one sitting. Most of my more ambitious writing projects get abandoned, but I can actually finish these. Yet, while they're short, I figure they're still decent. CoH is good for my creativity. 's good for somethin, who'd have thought?
-- Acyl
Good Afternoon,
I spoke to my lovely wife and she has no problem with it. She was tickled pink.
Shayne
Quote:
I spoke to my lovely wife and she has no problem with it. She was tickled pink.
Ex-cellent. I'll probably go back and rewrite the relevant paragraph a bit, then, mention Min by name.
In other news...
I've got more of these, actually. CoH origin-story snippets. Choice is Dusker's story (WARNING: EMO), and...
...well, this is just weird. Interstate (WARNING: SILLY, VERY VERY SILLY)
-- Acyl
Huh. Both are pretty cool. I like.-- Bob
---------

His Lovely Wife

*Squeel!*
Min loves being mentioned in other people's stories! When Shayne told me she'd been included I was so excited. And so pissed off that I couldn't access it! I love it though!
I give permission to be mentioned in any Legendary or COH/COV fanfic for Min and Morgan and whoever else will be coming along later (they do have a large family don't you know).
-Cindy, aka Min, the Legendary Baker ;-)