Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: placeholder/teaser: it was taunting me. Taunting, I say!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... in the immortal words of Masamichi Fujisawa ... well, you know them well enough by by now, I think.
---
This was revenge, plain and simple. It had to be. There was no other explanation. For what sins? For what sins, I ask you ...
Well, alright, maybe there were a few things I did. One or two.
Dozen.
Oy.
I never had siblings, so this sort of thing came right out of left field ... but honestly, I think that I should have expected something like this, in retrospect.
I did mention that she had a unique sense of humor, didn't I?
The one thing I did know was that I needed to fix the regeneration function on this bloody Core of mine, since the template for a recovery after losing all biomass seems to be set ... for the original pattern.
Meaning that, when all was said and done, I had to deal with being a runt again. Damnit.
Kaworu Nagisa, how I hate thee, let me count the ways ...
... the flip side to the situation seemed to be that I was no longer traveling alone. Whether this was lucky or not, I didn't know ... it was certainly less boring.
Unfortunately, less boring didn't necessarily manifest itself in a good way.
Thus, the reason for my being forced to deal with this drek again. Once in a lifetime is enough, thankyou.
Damnit, Shizuru, didn't you know you'd be risking my blowing the place up out of sheer frustration with this?
I bet she was having a ball. Eh. I bet both of them were having a ball, really. Whereas I was faced with an uncomfortable uniform, unfamiliar cultural background, hormonal teenagers and most immediately ... being latelatelate because _someone_ thought it would be amusing to see me dash when she turned off my alarm clock.
Bad Kuga, no Cassul for you this Christmas.
I skidded past the gate, made tracks for the entrance, nearly faceplanted into the floor because of the raised section inside, turned for the stairs ...
... backpedalled when I remembered the lockers.
Changed shoes.
Grrrr. I'll get you two for this. The vengeance of heaven is slow but sure, mark my words!
Dashed upstairs, taking three steps at a time ...
... skidded to ta halt in front of the sliding door of the classroom ...
... fifteen minutes late.
Why does it have to be ... highschool?
Huffed. Puffed. Caught my breath. Or made a show of doing just that, anyway.
Slid the door open and walked in to face my doom in the form of ...
"Normal humans don't interest me. If anyone here is an alien, from the future, from a different dimension, or an esper, then come find me!"
Most of the class was sitting, other than the sensei - a remarkably unremarkable individual - and the person who'd just spoken.
I mentally thanked the terrible twosome who'd gotten me into this situation that they didn't think of signing me up to attend an all-boys school. Then again, they probably knew that something like that would have resulted in genocide on my part.
She was a slender girl, short-ish ... but then, so was I there and then. Hell, I thought like that about almost every asian person I've ever met or run across. Anyway, she was standing ... from what little I recalled from the occasional manga and anime, this meant about as much as that she'd just been introducing herself to the class.
The words hit me, then ...
You know, sometimes, the best sort of revenge is to have fun despite everything. I wasn't constrained by any rules, here. No impending apocalypse, as far as we could tell. A few of the usual conspiracies and such, but compared to what we'd had to deal with before?
So, with a cheerfull and somewhat demented grin, and totally ignoring the sensei who was about to launch a tirade about the carelessness of modern youth or somesuch, I cocked my head and replied.
"Yo. What about alien espers from a future in an alternate dimension?"
And so began yet another chapter in the life of one currently known as Fujino Katsu.
Incarna: The Melancholy of Fujino Katsu
---
Because that line was too much of a taunt to pass up.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
www.baka-tsuki.net/projec...=Main_Page
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
"No, no, no nononononono," she voiced. "NO!"
"It's fact. Just because you don't agree ..." I started ... for the umpteenth time.
"Just because you seem to think so doesn't make it a fact," with all the conviction of a lifelong mystery seeker, Haruhi countered. For the umpteenth time.
"Ah, yes, but I am something you are most definitely not," I brought up the same old argument.
"What, you mean ..."
"I meant that I, Suzumiya-dono, am, everything aside, still a man, hence ..."
"Now wait one second, that's just sexist."
"And the topic isn't?"
"No! I mean, you've got your proven facts, but it's also fact that many of the cute time traveling aliens and sliders and espers and such favor alternative lifestyles, so I think my opinion would count for something at least ..."
"Okay, true ... I still say nekojin."
"Maido!"
"Nekojin!"
"Maido!"
"Neko ... wait, why are we arguing about this again?"
"That's what I want to know too," Kyon muttered from where he was doing his 'I don't believe I'm hearing this' pose. He'd been at it for a while now.
"Ah, so you naturally agree with the pointlessness of the argument and accept my superiority now?"
"No, I just figure we should get a second," I heard Kyon cough into his hand. "Okay, _third_ opinion."
"Just who are you planning to ...?"
"My adopted sister and her lesbian girlfriend," I deadpanned.
As a result, the club now had an official mascot in the form of Asahina Mikuru in a catgirl maid outfit.
Bow to Shizuru, for she is a great diplomat.
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
you're pulling Shiruzu and Natsuki into this...?
Bwahahahah!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
you're pulling Shiruzu and Natsuki into this...?
I'd have thought him vaguely referencing sibling history, or lack thereof, and the family name he's using in this reality would have been a bit of a tipoff beforehand.
But yes, due to ...
Quote:
Bwahahahah!
... quite. Mainly for that reason ^_^.

-Griever
Quote:
I'd have thought him vaguely referencing sibling history, or lack thereof, and the family name he's using in this reality would have been a bit of a tipoff beforehand.
I already knew that....I'm just wondering if they'll volunteer to join you in this insanity as willing, nay eager participants!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
I already knew that....I'm just wondering if they'll volunteer to join you in this insanity as willing, nay eager participants!
Ah. My mind parsed it wrong. Apologies.
As for the eager thing? This is Shizuru we're talking about. Nay. This is post Viola-contact Fujino Shizuru. She not only helped with getting the costumes to work just right, she insisted on getting _pictures_.

"No, no, no nononononono," for a change of pace, it was now my turn. "NO!"
"Nonsense, it's perfectly in genre," Suzumiya insisted.
"Yeah, but ..."
"But nothing," she brushed off any protests much like anyone else would a bothersome little insect of the buzzing variety. "You can never have enough variety. This is variety."
So she has spoken, so mote it be.
"Yare yare," came in stereo, one of them from me. Oh. Right. Kyon was still here too. Guy's so quiet it's easy to forget sometimes.
"Perfect, you both agree with me," Haruhi nodded and grabbed Asahina ...
... Kyon pulled me out of the club room before she got her to show more flesh than the average swimsuit catalog model does, though.
A few moments later we were standing outside, listening to a variety of sounds anybody with a vivid enough imagination could have easily misinterpreted. Or not.
Aw, hell with it ...
"Wonder how much of an effort it'd be to put video bugs inside there," I muttered. Not quietly enough, it seemed, since I saw Kyon's eyebrow give a twitch.
"What were you on about this time, anyway?" he finally asked. The words were counterpointed by a particularly ... vigorous sounding ... moan.
"Mascot wear again," I shrugged. "Hey, Kyon? Bunny-girl outfits."
"I'm almost afraid to ask," he muttered. "What about them?"
"Aren't they a little too ... I don't know, overdone?" I shrugged.
"... and catgirls aren't?" Kyon retorted, then got this 'I can't believe I just said that' expression. We'd all gotten pretty good at interpreting Kyon-faces over the past few days.
"Okay, point. It just seems a little too Las Vegas to me ..." which was when the door opened. On reflex, we turned around. I blinked, a little slack jawed, and finally managed to state: "On the other hand, nobody ever said that had to be a _bad_ thing."
"Uh-huh," Kyon ... well, judging by the tone of voice, his morals had been momentarily knocked over by his hormones.
Not that I could blame him. The phrase 'vast tracts of land' seemd to have premanently taken up residence at the fore of my mind there and then.
I coughed a little, regaining my composure and added a weak "I still maintain the stance of nekojin superiority, Suzumiya," at the end there.
Her smug grin was retort enough.
Point to the imp.
You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over. Mark my words! Mwahahahahaha!
Something slapped my back. I turned around and glared at Kyon.
"What? You looked like you were about to choke to death or something," he unrepentantly claimed, the traitor.
Et tu, Brute?

As to why he's acting like he's acting? Stress. Lots and lost of stress which he's letting off there and then. I doubt he'll be dressing in green spandex and claiming Haruhi is his Eternal Rival from various high perches, but he's having too damn much pure, demented fun with acting off kilter like that to stop anytime soon.
As, for that matter, am I when I write this stuff.
-Griever
As the great wise man once said, sanity is a one trick pony, but with irrationality there so many, many more options.
Who is going to be Haruhi's "tranqualizer"?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
... because I can't seem to get anything else out for some reason.

There are some things you can only watch, slack jawed ...
... Suzumiya's tactics for blackmailing the computer club into giving one of the machines over to our little bunch of oddballs being one of those things.
Why 'oddballs'? I didn't really pay that much attention to it, but there was something that just felt off about every single member of the SOS other than Kyon and mysel ... ahem. Well, no. Other than Kyon.
Asahina Mikuru, 2nd year, was short, cute, and well endowed ... all qualities that Haruhi had deemed neccessary and in-genre when she proceeded with the girl's 'indoctrination' into the steadily swelling ranks of the SOS Brigade.
Coincidentially, the acronym is oddly appropriate when used in relation to just about anyone who hangs around Haruhi for any amount of time. By the end of the day you're either running with the insanity or begging somebody, anybody, to save your soul.
I guss it just depends on the sort of person you are.
Asahina was definitely somebody who belonged to the second category, though. Even before getting groped in the line of 'duty' so that our esteemed chairwoman/president/master and commander/whatever-the-hell-she-was could get some blackmail material.
I just don't know about that girl. She seriously needs to get some self confidence ... and for some reason, cuteness aside, I find her ... annoying.
Anyway, the abovementioned situation ...
You know, normally I'd go 'what the hell are you _thinking_?!' at somebody trying this sort of thing, because of some small bit of moral fortitude still left in my shriveled little black heart if nothing else ...
... eh. If the guy, by which I mean the president of the school's computer club, just folded up like that in response to the ... I mean, come on, the word of him and his club against that of _Suzumiya Haruhi_, she of the by now infamous bunnygirl incident and notorious for a score of minor though equally unique events? And he showed an amount of resistance about equal to that of a wet paper towel in defense of his clubs interests.
Now, in my opinion, he had that coming.
Meaning that I wasn't exactly upset. Rather, laughing my ass off out in the hallway.
Anyway, other than the only other guy in the SOS Brigade - Kyon, who was currently trying to console Asahina in the aftermath of the groping - we had just one more member. The reason for my "We are the SOS Dan. Resistance is futile. You shall be assimilated." quip after we'd pinned down the club's name - or rather, after Haruhi had out and announced it. Nobody had any objections.
See, you could say that Nagato Yuki sort of came with the club room - she was the only member of the literature club still attending the school, and ... well, Haruhi has this way of steamrolling over people. And events. Closest thing to 'human act of God' since Vash the Stampede.
Yuki is ... unassuming. Quiet. I'd say mousey, but there's something about her that doesn't quite allow me to make that estimate.
For instance, the first thing she's ever said to me, and up till then the only thing really, was - "You do not belong." - in that tone of voice I can only call Ayanami.
Kind of makes me think she knows more than she's letting on ... of course, that isn't so hard, since she doesn't let _anything_ on.
Good taste in reading material, though. We trade sci-fi novels every two or so days, which makes her my arguably favorite person attending meetings.
Of course, that isn't saying much, since we've yet to have an actual club meeting, as every single one that Suzumiya attends invariably turns into her telling us what to do - the occasional arguments coming from Kyon and myself - and then dragging us off despite any objections ...
... ah well, it's not like I'm not having fun with this.

"It's no fun if you go and admit it," she grumbled. "You're supposed to only reveal your powers and heritage at times of great danger, you know!"
Suzumiya Haruhi.
Weird girl. Although I think that's a bit of a 'pot, this is kettle' situation, what with me being the one to think this and all.
With all that enthusiasm, I'd thought she was going to dash right out of class and drag me along by the collar.
She managed to restrain herself for the duration of class, though ... somehow. I'd learn just how unusual that was later.
"I can't believe I'm hearing this." the other person present, beside myself and Suzumiya, said.
"Why are you here, then?" I asked.
I got a shrug and a sigh in reply. Guess he wasn't sure, himself. It's one of those things.
Who the guy is? Well, he'd been about to introduce himself but one of the other guys in class called him 'Kyon' and I never did get his name.
As for how he got there? Umm ... you know, I'm still wondering about that.
"Anyway, aliens? Time-travelers? Are you two serious?"
"So you see," Haruhi pressed on, ignoring the comment. "It's really not that I don't appreciate this. I do. But there's a way these things have to be done ..."
I kinda tuned it out past that point, only tuning back in when she got to ...
"... so that's how it's going to be! I'll get back to you in a little while. Ja ne!"
After which she dashed back inside the school and off the rooftop towards ... wherever ...
... leaving me to wonder if I hadn't tuned out anything important.
Like I said, interesting girl.
Since the rest is on hold for the moment, I decided to finally write this bit that's been gestating inside my mind for a while now:

"So, you've decided to start dating?"
Shizuru asked as I was swallowing some of my share of the shabu-shabu we were having for ... well, call it supper. It was a little late for it to be dinner.
I spent the next few moments disloding the mouthful from my windpipe.
"It's ... complicated," I shrugged after regaining my composure. Natsuki was looking smugly amused. Payback for when our flatmate, who seemed to be fond of causing people to do spit-takes at the most odd times, last did this sort of thing to her.
No, not asked if she were dating somebody. For one thing, she was very taken already. No two guesses about by whom either. For another, there were no bodies of whatever acquaintances she'd made recently found gutted by excessively sharp implements of destruction.
Shizuru has, throughout everything, remained a little excessive in her actions when under influence of too much emotion.
Not that either of us would like her to change. It's just part of what makes Shizuru ... well, Shizuru. Having to run damage control sometimes is well worth the hassle.
"Is the world ending anytime soon, do you think?" Natsuki asked of Shizuru, who considered the question, giving me an inquiring look.
I couldn't help it. I snickered. "When is it ever not?"
Yes, dear reader, we'd had some ... interesting interludes on the way here. Trust me, we dearly needed the downtime.
I just wondered how the others were doing for a moment, pinching another piece of meat, letting it simmer, and devouring it with all the restrain of Natsuki going postal with things that made big explosions.
"Luckily," I completed the thought after the bite, "somebody's already taking care of it."
"Don't they always?" Shizuru remarked ironically, sipping her tea.
She did that a lot.
"So, what brought the Fuuka Inquisition on?" I asked.
Nobody expects the Fuuka Inquisition. Natsuki thought it was the thing to come up with after I'd gotten her a 'Holy Hand Grenade' as a gift for the last ... err ... is surviving another hair-raising situation that would have likely ended in the death of all participants but somehow didn't an appropriate occasion for giving gifts in Japanese culture? If not, it damn well ought to be.
"Oh, I was out in town today," said Shizuru, unconcerned. Apparently, she'd passed by the bookstore and saw myself and "... she looked like a nice girl. A little quiet, though."
Well, who did you think I'd be in a bookstore with? And no, we still hadn't spoken more than five words a day to one another. Verily, the onset of a beautiful friendship.
Ahem. Let me recap ...
... the day didn't really start that differently from any other free day.
Actually, no. It did. I woke up early. Alright, so maybe Suzumiya was just a tad bit to zealous about all this. My first reservation about the SOS Brigade has to do with the fact that it stops me from always being able to sleep in on the weekends ... sometimes, I think I need help. Then I remember '33 and decide that I'm a perfectly well adjusted individual after all, given the circumstances.
Anyway, as I was saying, the Most Outstanding Nail of our regional High School - yes, this was her actual title, though she didn't really know of it. There was an unofficial student vote going on a few weeks ago - conscripted us into doing ... something ... for which we had to show up early on that annoyingly clear and sparkly morning of the weekend.
Damnit, it was perfect sleeping weather.
Despite grumblings, I made it ahead of time, and found Haruhi and Nagato Yuki already there. The first was back and forth on her heels, seemingly filled to excess with the nervous energy that had made her feared or revered among our peers. I'm betting on the former.
Breakfast? Well, aside from not really having to eat, there was the little fact that I hadn't actually had any for a few years straight now, barring special occasions.
Cheerfully, Haruhi greeted me and proceeded to ignore any and all inquiries regarding what she wanted us to do with the day. Oh well, that was only expected.
I still didn't think she quite believed me about the first thing I'd ever said in her presence ... despite getting chastised about not acting properly 'in-genre' during recess on that first day of our acquaintance. Maybe she'd thought I'd been making fun of her, maybe not ... well, she did grab and haul me off when she and Kyon (though he was loathe to admit it) came up with the idea of the SOS Brigade, so I suppose I qualified as 'weird enough' ... eh. Enough reminiscenting.
I planted myself on the bench next to Nagato. Reached into a pocket. Withdrew a copy of Heinlein's 'Stranger in a Strange World' and handed it to Nagato. She returned the gesture and I got 'Ender's Game' in return. Fair exchange.
The following minutes before the others arrived were spent in ... well, I'd say silence, but that's almost an impossiblity around Suzumiya, even when she's not saying anything.
That reminds me, the Brigade got a new addition. Yet another person who sends ripples across my radar, so to speak. His, and yes, I did say 'he' - looks like we've balanced ourselves out, finally - name is Itsuki Koizumi, attitude is smugly unconcerned.
Every time I'm in a room with the guy ... I get this strange ... well, call it the hairs on the back of my neck rising, for some reason. Weird. Not in a particularly threatening way, but still weird.
As a result, when we did finally have the full SOS Brigade complement OSP and accounted for, and Kyon - who didn't show up late, but did show up last - was roped into buying us drinks to start the day off with, after which we drew lots and were finally informed about what we were doing here ...
... seems like Haruhi's momentary plan to ferret out any supernatural activity amounted to splitting up and walking around. Oh well.
... and, wouldn't you know it, I ended up having to team up with Koizumi first off the bat ...
... I asked him, point blank, when we were out of earshot ...
"Okay, what the hell are you anyway?"
No, it wasn't early morning anymore. Yes, 'early morning mood' lasts for a while in my case. Hence the frankness.
That the words had come in stereo, as he'd apparently asked me the same thing at that moment ... well, that was odd.
We didn't actually have very much of a conversation, since we were both a little put off about the whole thing, but it was logged as something to be done later regardless.
Then came the meeting and Asahina's turn. Oh joy. Not.
I still didn't like the girl much, moe factor aside. In my opinion, Haruhi was cuter ... but I'm weird like that, so allow me my momentary lapse.
Since she was apparently in a constant state of anxiety overload, and seemed to jump every time she was startled, it was a particularly straining bout of looking for nothing in particular. She seemed to have something on her mind anyway, so not even any conversation of dubious value was forthcoming.
Come to think of it, does she seem more nervous around me than around the others, short of maybe Nagato? Could be.
We met up again.
Third time around, I got Nagato. We went to the bookstore and spent the whole time browsing and/or reading.
Nagato Yuki's ... feel? Well, what I get from Field resonance anyway, is utterly ordinary. So ordinary, in fact, that it feels like the ESP equivalent of going through false ID and background papers.
Anyway, it was time well spent, in my opinion. In her's too, I suppose, though she never actually voiced it.
When we finally met up Haruhi, and started off towards our respective domiciles. It was getting a bit late-ish already. Finally, we were left with only myself, Suzumiya, and Kyon.
Then, after Haruhi chewed Kyon out for ... what was it again, sleeping on the job? Something like that. Anyway, then it was just myself and the other initial male member of the SOS Brigade.
"So."
"So?"
"So ..." Kyon trailed off. Then shrugged. "I've asked you this before. Were you being serious?"
Huh? Asked me when? Wait. Oh.
"So-so. A lot of it would be considered semantics, but it's mostly true."
"Great," the guy grumbled. "Are _you_ going to tell me something about Suzumiya too?"
I blinked. "Errr. She wants you?"
Crickets chirped in the distance.
"... she _what_?"
"Wants. As in, possibly just for your body. Probably more," hey, the rules only say that the guy who's the object of interest is biologically unable to tell the girl's interested in him. Nothing about innocent bystanders caught in the hilarity like myself.
"Right," he suddenly looked vaguely queasy. "Not like that European scientist guy who hacked bodies together and revived the results, which later killed him, right?"
I was half tempted to try and scare the crap out of him by following the line of reasoning ... although then I refrained. He looked haggared enough from the day's runabout and chewing out from our Glorious Leader as it was, my remaining human decency told me.
"It's what it looks like from this end," I shrugged.
"That's it?"
Hells, what did this guy want?
"Wait, so you're saying you claim to be a ... well, whatever you said back then ... and you're _not_ here because of Suzumiya?" he goes and changed topics on me. May be onto something here.
So yeah, at the end of the day, after Kyon and I did talk, I finally found out what Koizumi was. And Asahina. And Nagato.
Who'd have thought ... Kyon's a decent guy to talk to. Or bitch about life, the universe, and everything with. One of the two.
The speculation turned interesting enough, especially after he told me that Koizumi hadn't been 'able' - grin-boy's word here - to demonstrate his Mad Esper Skillz and I gave a short demonstration that finally proved to him I wasn't suffering from delusions myself.
One pulverized section of wall and a mildly shellshocked Kyon later, we parted ways, and I headed home to eat, sleep, and be victimized by two flatmates playing older sisters to the hilt.
Go figure.

This is one story I've decided not to turn too serious. For obvious reasons. And it's still fun to write. Heh.
ETA: made the bit at the end somewhat clearer.
-Griever
Griever, I think you put this in the wrong thread.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
It's in the 'Suzumiya Haruhi' Incarna fic placeholder I put up, isn't it? Or is my browser wonky?
-Griever
Yeah, but unless I'm really out of it, it looks like it belongs in the HiME/Otome thread? Am I just confused?-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
Quote:
Yeah, but unless I'm really out of it, it looks like it belongs in the HiME/Otome thread? Am I just confused?
A little, I think - the trouble seems to be that this is set at a point in Mr. Battlemover's travels after he met Shizuru (and Natsuki) in the Otomeverse, during which they're traveling with him... either because they've no reason not to or they're hoping he'll have a chance to stop by their home before he finally makes it back to the BGCverse.
That make sense?
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
The two from Hime/Otome (Shizuru and Natsuki) seem like supporting characters. The main protagonists/setting are from/is set in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Quote:
I still didn't think she quite believed me about the first thing I'd ever said in her presence ... despite getting chastised about not acting properly 'in-genre' during recess on that first day of our acquaintance. Maybe she'd thought I'd been making fun of her, maybe not ... well, she did grab and haul me off when she and Kyon (though he was loathe to admit it) came up with the idea of the SOS Brigade, so I suppose I qualified as 'weird enough' ... eh. Enough reminiscenting.
Well, I'll have to admit that if you look like Kaoru, you'd look "weird" enough. There aren't that many albinos running around. I'd hate to think of the consequences if she did believe you.
Quote:
"Okay, what the hell are you anyway?"
No, it wasn't early morning anymore. Yes, 'early morning mood' lasts for a while in my case. Hence the frankness.
That the words had come in stereo, as he'd apparently asked me the same thing at that moment ... well, that was odd.
We didn't actually have very much of a conversation, since we were both a little put off about the whole thing, but it was logged as something to be done later regardless.
No actual, exchange of information? You must had spooked him.
Quote:
Then came the meeting and Asahina's turn. Oh joy. Not.
I still didn't like the girl much, moe factor aside. In my opinion, Haruhi was cuter ... but I'm weird like that, so allow me my momentary lapse.
Hah!, Don't ever say that to Kyon. He might have a different opinion about that!
Quote:
One section of wall and a mildly shellshocked Kyon later, we parted ways, and I headed home to eat, sleep, and be victimized by two flatmates playing older sisters to the hilt.
Why should he be shellshocked? Asahina, Itsuki and Nagato already told him who they where. Unless the shock finally caught up with him? ^^
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
A little, I think - the trouble seems to be that this is set at a point in Mr. Battlemover's travels after he met Shizuru (and Natsuki) in the Otomeverse, during which they're traveling with him... either because they've no reason not to or they're hoping he'll have a chance to stop by their home before he finally makes it back to the BGCverse.
Something like that, yeah. In broad strokes.
Quote:
Well, I'll have to admit that if you look like Kaoru, you'd look "weird" enough. There aren't that many albinos running around.

Y'know, considering there's a girl with green hair attending that school of theirs, and the general 'odd hair colors are perfectly normal' anime attitude, that isn't neccessarily so.
Quote:
I'd hate to think of the consequences if she did believe you.
That could have been interesting.
Quote:
Hah!, Don't ever say that to Kyon. He might have a different opinion about that!
He wouldn't think well of somebody calling her a 'silly piece of fluff', then?
Quote:
Why should he be shellshocked? Asahina, Itsuki and Nagato already told him who they where. Unless the shock finally caught up with him? ^^
*groan* Because the segment should have read:
'One pulverized section of wall and a mildly shellshocked Kyon later,'
And shellshocked because he's been through the 'tell' portion already, but Katsu was the first to actually get to the 'show'.
-Griever
Quote:
And shellshocked because he's been through the 'tell' portion already, but Katsu was the first to actually get to the 'show'.

Just watch out he doesn't decide to become your sidekick.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
A little, I think - the trouble seems to be that this is set at a point in Mr. Battlemover's travels after he met Shizuru (and Natsuki) in the Otomeverse, during which they're traveling with him...
Ah, that's okay then. I stand corrected. And confused... but for other reasons. I can't understand why I got confused to begin with, because I remember this thread from before my vacation, and should have parsed the addition just fine. -- Bob
---------