Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Apparently I'm smoking some good $#!@
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jervic

Random firings of my neurons have come up with yet another twisted crossover that will never be written--by me anyway. (hint, hint)

One day, the Golden Trio of Hogwarts, on a secret nighttime expedition to the Restricted Section of the School Library, got lost in the stacks. After what seemed like hours of winding their way through row after row of books, they finally emerge back in familiar territory. Except- why is there a bunch of bananas sitting on Madam Pince's desk?
Then the silence of the night was broken by a terrible noise coming from behind them.
"Oook."

Harry Potter and the Unseen Wizzzard

Going insane slowly,
Jervic

Luca Nicolai

It makes sense, since all libraries in the Multiverse are part of the same L-space...
I can almost see Harry losing his patience and belting Rincewind ... eventually.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Hmmmmm... "Drunkard's Walk - the Library Edition", in which Harry &co. wander through L-Space, trying to get home before they get drafted to become the new DADA instructors...
Possible other Steps (or Shelves):
* Harry Potter and the Ten-Year-Old Teacher (Mahora Academy Library Island, Negima!)
* Harry Potter and the Great Men of Villainy (British Library D-Line, Read or Die)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Luca Nicolai

*Harry Potter and the Humorless Priest? (the Name of the Rose)
There has to be a crossover, of course.
Harry Potter and the Misplaced Metahuman, or,
Drunkard's Walk Pi-R-Squared: A school of WHICH?--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
* Harry Potter and the Ten-Year-Old Teacher (Mahora Academy Library Island, Negima!)
Now from the title, I was thinking Pani Poni Dash, but I don't rmemeber a big library there... and sicne you often see things laid out as a TV set, I'm not so sure how it would work.
- CD ZOMG NegiXBeckyOTP OMGtheirloveissoKAWAII!SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
This is sounding more and more like a (really cool) re-vision of the old "walking through universes in the Bermuda Triangle" show from the late 70s, early 80s, "Fantastic Journey". (Starring Ike Eisenmann! Among other people...)
C'mon, someone, go to work here!

-- Bob
---------

Custos Sophiae

Giles had a decent library, before it blew up, and Gondor had one of Middle-Earth's great libraries. In fact, most fantasy has libraries, wizards and books go together. They're rarer in science fiction, where books are often obsolete.
There's probably a decent library on the Tardis, but not on the Enterprise, or the Battlestar Galactica.
And L-space doesn't care about time. Go into your local library today, turn down the right aisle, and come out in the Library of Alexandria, before it burnt down, but remember: massing with causality is against library rules.
I've seen the occasional short crossover using this idea, but not any random walks. It could be great, with the right author.

Necratoid

They moved all the books to Giles' house before obliterating the school... which can always be used for when need the restroom. In other news: Giles is wondering what happened to all his tiolet paper.
Quote:
Then the silence of the night was broken by a terrible noise coming from behind them.
"Oook>"
Poor Ron. You just know he's going to be the one to use the "M-word."
Of course you realize, since Rincewind has the secret of surviving everything, he's the perfect choice for DADA teacher. At which point they will discover that it's possible to outrun the Unforgiveable Curses.
Quote:
I can almost see Harry losing his patience and belting Rincewind ... eventually.
Would he? Rincewind is actually quite sensible, in his way. And if Harry wants to be a hero, Rincewind won't be holding him back.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Well, I did say "almost".
I just think that there's something about Rincewind that will grate on Harry. Harry may respect him, and learn from him, but he'll be vaguely annoyed at the same time. Nowhere near Snape level, but annoyed all the same.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Of course you realize, since Rincewind has the secret of surviving everything, he's the perfect choice for DADA teacher.

Yes, but I can't quite see the "power the dark lord knows not" as being a half-brick in a sock. It would probably work though.
Firvulag
--
This thread has gone on long enough that it's about the subject again.
--Lieven Marchand
Actually, that would make for a hell of a funny punchline to the entire story.

-- Bob
---------
What if Xander had become an Indiana Jones nut as a kid? There's certainly enough magical artefacts kicking around Sunnydale that he, Willow and Jesse could have gotten in deep enough to have a story-worthy adventure getting out in one piece.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Oh, god. That idea collided with the borders of the previous idea, and i suddenly saw Xander, Jesse and Willow as Harry, Ron and Hermione...

-- Bob
---------