Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Deranged Chimera Plot-bunny Give-Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My twisted mind has recently spawned a number of deranged crossover ideas. Some could be done seriously, while others are just plain silly. Recognising that there are many that I'm unlikely to ever write, I'm giving some away here.
1. A former radio-show psychiatrist disappears while attending a convention in New York. Is it ordinary foul play, as thought by ADA Jack McCoy, or is former FBI agent Fox Mulder correct in beleiving it to be an alien abduction?
Frasier/Law & Order/X-Files
Justification: Frasier is a spin-off of Cheers. Characters from Cheers appeared on the show St. Elsewhere. One of the doctors from St. Elsewhere appeared on Homicide: Life on the street. The character of John Munch, orfiginated on that show, not only has appeared on several Law & Order episodes, and is a cast member on Law and Order: SVU, but also appeared on an episode of the X-Files. Thus, all three series are potentially the same universe.
2. Ranma has faced various unusual martial arts, from martial arts eating to martial arts tea ceremony. But can he withstand the awesome power of hamster-style kung fu?
Ranma/Orgasmo
3. Following graduation from Flamingo High, Jerry Steiner takes a trip to Japan to visit his long-time Chinese penpal Mu-Suu.
Ranma/Parker Lewis Can't Lose
4. A strange woman with long blue hair and an ornate staff arrives at the Tendou Dojo, and refers to Ranma as "Father."It is discovered that she is an android super-weapon whose builders creater her analytic and tactical abilities using scans of Ranma's brain, or rather will once he is sent to the dimension of her origin, a place called El Hazard
Ranma/El Hazard
5. Working on another mission to stop Dr. Drakken, Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable come to investigate a rather unique school for girls in Cleveland, Ohio
Kim Possible/Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. Quibbler reporter Luna Lovegood goes to Colorado to investigate sightings of the ellusive underpants gnomes.
Harry Potter/South Park

If anyone wants to run with one of these, go ahead.
-The Twisted One (Living up to the name)

Everything is holy, even the nuclear bomb.
--Zodiac Mindwarp "Elvis Died for You"
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Quote:
3. Following graduation from Flamingo High, Jerry Steiner takes a trip to Japan to visit his long-time Chinese penpal Mu-Suu.
Ranma/Parker Lewis Can't Lose
I started running with that one circa ten years ago. Unfortunately I tripped.
The Masters of Hammerspace was a "what if Mousse was the hero?" story, featuring massive alien invasion, ki-amplifying technology invented by Jerry, Duck-Boy as a master strategist descended from Sun Tzu...
...I still kinda wanna do stuff with it, but to my ten-years-later eyes it needs a whole lotta work. ^.^ If anyone's interested in the details, it might could be opened up...
--Sam
"Mousse is Earth's last hope for survival."
"...Right. And I am Marie of Roumania."
Quote:
6. Quibbler reporter Luna Lovegood goes to Colorado to investigate sightings of the ellusive underpants gnomes.
Harry Potter/South Park
Oh. Dear. GOD.
I want to see this, in much the same way that people are compelled to watch auto accidents and other terrible things.
Doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, though.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...

Necratoid

Try this bit of randomness that popped into my head after reading that list:
Our hero is transported to the Guyver universe where she stumbles across one of Chronos' bases... they attack her and she kills them... including a zoalord. This makes Chronos rather upset and leads to a long series of increasingly messy battles, concluding with our heroine barely surviving the final battle and killing the ancient head of Cronos and leaving half of Africa in crater ridden ruins. After defeating her last assailant she manages to get back to her home world. Once home, she goes to share her experiences with the closest person that she can speak with and gets jumped again only to die tragically do to her weakened state... though she fells many foes in her passing.
Our hero is Zeruel. This is an Eva/Guyver cross over that explains how Zeruel managed to get so close before being detected.
Not nearly so bizzarre, but... Xander has a job at a constrution cxompany, right? And yet he's constantly getting battered around and tied up in things that leave him too injured or with little time to work, but his job is still always there... perhaps someon is quietly serving as a sponsor for the Scoobies? Some low key, competent faction of one of the intelligence agencies, or a private demon-hunter group parrelel to the Watchers but not focussed on Slayers per se. Or, something less benevolent, wanting to keep an eye on the Scoobies, and possibly keep them in place on the Hellmouth to deal with the problems there and NOT deal with interests elsewhere - and noncoincidentally prevent having those other interests disrupted by the end(s) of the world. Not so much a fic in itself, as a possible element in one, but something to consider.
For bizarre crossovers... Well, I still want to see Bastard/Dirty Pair/Slayers, Moldiver/Macross 7/RahXephon, and FLCL/DBZ. I even started writing the latter - set post-FLCL and pre-Dragonball, mid-teens Naota's curse of the space hotties reactivates when a rookie female saiyajin is sent to find out how a world with no significant power readings broke one of the planet traders' automatic strip-mining factories, but gets el-kabonged and loses her memories for a while - long enough to get attatched to him.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Bastard/Dirty Pair/Slayers
My first thought was: Bastard/Slayers, yah. Dirty Pair? Harder.
My second thought: total immersion video games. Hack.sign
There have been complaints about the most popular MUSH on the dataweb. Certain characters have been showing far too much power and stomping across major threats with near impunity. What makes it worse is that they are relaly popular and all attempts to restrain them have failed. The Moderators have been unable to kick them off the servers. They're online 24-7.
The 3WA sends the Lovely Angels to resolve this by going into the game and confronting them.
Target #1: Lina Inverse
Target #2: Dark Schneider
Unfortunately, they aren't rogue players at all. They're AIs spontaneously evolved in the game system and blissfully unaware that the game isn't the real world.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
That sounds like it could work - after all, the Pair are most dangerous when they have to inprovise because they're cut off from their usual rescources, and going 'live' in a swords-and-sorcery RPG to track down (in game, then tracing to the rela world) a couple of miscreants would fit that category. Of course, there's the distinct possibility of Kei being a migger menace as a sorceress than both of them together, and the catfights over Darshu... eek. And Mughi simply must be in it as well, as the cat-furry cleric who serves as baggage mule and last-minute support guy.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Necratoid

In that case maybe it should be kinda based on the Hacksign game... that way you can have Lina after the bracer of Twilight after she sees it make a invinsible monster vinible... basically a replacement for the wants the sword of light plot hook. You coul make Schneider's love intrest in the bearer of the bracers party or just someone else that annoy the administrators... One of the annoying pests that won't delete when the admins try.
You wouldn't have to actually include to much Hacksign (the 4 part RPG), just use the consept as a background. Lina Schneider and the Kite equivalent are all charicters beyond their control. They get the Lovely Angels involved in hopes they'll crash the servers and let them have a scapegoat for they full scale player wipe this will cause. Thus allowing them to reign supreme and unopposed once more.
Xellos could come in as the Helga equivalent, a hacker that is purposely working to avoid Lina ever figuring out that the world isn't as real as she thinks it is and one that drops clues to the Mazoku/moster things with invisiblity shields.