Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Nanoha Fanfic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CattyNebulart

As promised here is my first attempt at a Nanoha fanfic. Thought I'd post what I have so far. Warning: Not yet proofread. Good night.
-------------
Deep inside the Area 51 complex the massive Aquinas hub of super-computers was humming along parsing intelligence data gathered from across the world correlating satellite pictures with census data, intercepted emails with secret agent reports, and so forth for millions of sources of data. All with the infinite patience of a machine, coldly calculating the odds, sifting through that vast mass of data for the nuggets of information its human masters where interested in.
In the middle of this electronic nerve center spanning several floors and broad enough that people sometimes got lost in the twisty maze of maintenance tunnels Technician First Class Johannes was having a cup of coffee. He had just gone trough the arduous task of fixing the Helios subsystem, by the highly technical means of a swift kick. Therefore he can surly be forgiven if in the process of massaging his foot he accidentally dropped his canteen, after all, not that many millions of dollars of electronics shorted out.
Cyan Productions Presents
Sir you have to see this! Cried the Colonel as he barged into the office, waving a printout of something. Whatever it can't be as important as what just happened! My grand plan for world conquest was thwarted again!
What is it Colonel? I ask with barely suppressed fury as I turn away from the computer to look at this ignorant twerp who dared to interrupt. Hah, he looks nervous now!
I'm very sorry for interrupting General, but Aquinas flagged this for immediate action. We finally might acquire one of the Whispered.
Hmm, you could hear the capital in that last word. Must be important. Well what are you waiting for. See to it immediately, the computer is never wrong, and I am busy! There look at him run. If only I could get that to work in the game too.
And so the general turned back to the Galactic Destroyer Maker and dismissed the matter from his mind.
A Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Full Metal Panic crossover.
And so it came to be that a few hours later in the land of the rising sun, where the mentioned object was just doing that particular action, near the Seishou Auxiliary Elementary School agent Smith was trying to be inconspicuous. In a black suit with sunglasses on. It might have worked better if it wasn't raining quite so hard. It had been hard to find any agent willing to there for this mission, this was one of those areas that most agents avoided like the plague, much like certain parts of Jubaan in Tokyo and Sunnydale in California. Agents had a tendency to start hallucinating in those areas and report things such as demons or girls in miniskirts jumping tall buildings. Much as had happened to poor agent Mulder.
Smith wasn't afraid however. He had volunteered for this mission because it was certain to be a cakewalk. After all how hard could it be to abduct a ten year old. Unfortunately for Agent Smith he ignored the ominous thunder that this thought produced. And if this girl really was a Whispered he would just have to turn her over to his real masters in Amalgam.
--Insert title here.--
... and Cassandra is about to have kittens. Suzuka finished explaining. I smiled and tried not to wince as my left leg sent a reminder not to let Signum tag me in the future. Before I could respond however this weird guy in a full suit stepped up and asked;
Miss Testarossa, may I speak with you in private for a minute?
Huh, this guy stands out like a sore thumb, he had to be a rookie from the Bureau. I wonder what they wanted to talk about and why the Admiral hadn't just called me. Probably just some paperwork that has gotten messed up again. Sure, Nanoha can you tell Miss Haruna I will be a little late?
Ok, see you in class. She replied as she and the others ran off to get out of the rain.
So what did you want? I said ignoring the car driving up behind me as the bus left.
Please get in the car. He calmly asked while pulling out a gun and aiming it at me. There was a click of a car door opening while I was too stunned to react. Fortunately Bardiche knew just how to react, and his announcement of Defenser took these jokers by complete surprise.
^_^
I knew this was going to be easy agent Smith thought to himself, as the courtyard cleared of kids eager to be out of the rain. Everything was going according to plan until he pulled the gun and told her to get into the car. What was that? He wondered and adrenalin surged at the unexpected and clearly mechanical voice. S#!T, there is probably going to be a Mythril strike team here any minute. Better take her down and drag her of before they get here. His legs almost gave way under him when his bullets bounced off something in mid flight. And where has she suddenly gotten that pole arm from?
Scythe Form she calmly announced as she settled her furious red eyes right on him.
Yes Sir Came the response from that same mechanical voice as the pole arm suddenly sprouted a massive golden energy blade. Before she took more than two steps in his direction however a voice from the car called out: Beta Three! Beta Three!
Escape plan three, the part of his mind that wasn't frozen in shock noted and training took over. Get out of the hot zone under cover from the smoke grenades and make your own way back to the meeting point in Tokyo. He was already moving through the rapidly spreading smokescreen before the full implications hit him.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
The implications hit me.
I ran from a *girl* who's still in *elementary school*!
(A girl with a glowing scythe and freaky red eyes!), my survival instincts insisted.
--
Introduction part was funny.
The part after Cyan Productions... meh. Sorta ambivalent about it. I realize that the "real" powers will be something like Amalgam and Mythril (as opposed to government powers), but even then, with the confirmation of Mythril's existence and active presence in the world -- since N. and S. China specifically asked Mythril's help -- I'd think the advanced countries would be more up to date on what's going on and salivating at another Whispered. Unless that place is the version of X-Files in a base setting ... i.e. a dumping ground for all sorts of kooks and UFO lovers and what not. If so, then I look forward to the (Mis)Adventures of that group. o.O
On a technical perspective, I think you switched from first person to third person during the General scene. Probably should keep it consistent.
Defenser...? Bardiche, I thought, was British?
Other than that, I'm having difficulties seeing this Fate v. the Fate we see in anime. Other than in settings with Nanoha or her family, she seems to come off as rather reserved (course, she may have the Haruno Syndrome) and formal -- the strong and silent type. At 10, she'd only be... eh... half a year with the Bureau -- a good chunk of which was when she was on probation and waiting for hearings.
I am, however, loving the smackdown laid by Fate. Bullets though huh? If that didn't bring Nanoha running (*more* smackdown), the feeling of magic power up would. [Image: wink.gif]
Edit: Also liking the cameo references to X-Files and the touch on training v. Signum. ^^

CattyNebulart

Thanks for the comments I really appreciate them.
Quote:
On a technical perspective, I think you switched from first person to third person during the General scene. Probably should keep it consistent.
Yes I should. I always have trouble writing from a first person point of view. Which is why I am trying to do just that.
Quote:
Defenser...? Bardiche, I thought, was British?
I checked a few episodes and Bardiche does say Defenser instead of Defender.
Quote:
Other than that, I'm having difficulties seeing this Fate v. the Fate we see in anime.
You wouldn't believe the trouble this girl is giving me. She keeps insisting on a Valey-accent like whatevar. It's terrible [Image: wink.gif] It's why I need to keep trying and a prereader.
Quote:
I am, however, loving the smackdown laid by Fate. Bullets though huh? If that didn't bring Nanoha running (*more* smackdown), the feeling of magic power up would.
It has only been a second or two. When we switch to Fates POV again we'll hear Nanoha frantically asking if Fate is alright.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Coolness! Looking forward to more. [Image: wink.gif]
--
O.M.G. Look what he did to my hair! Fate stared at the ragged cut. She looked up. Her mouth twisted.
"Die."
--
Valley girl Fate... hehehe... heh. ^_^

CattyNebulart

didn't get much done today. Here is the scene and a half I did get done. I still need a title for this thing. Any ideas?
Oh and bob I was thinking about putting doug in here as an 'Innocent Bystander' That doesn't notice the goingons in this world and who somehow misses the Bureaus attempts to track him down. Maybe have a secene of him passing Nanoha and Fate while thinking on how peaceful this world is and they are without worries. Cut to their viewpoint about protecting helpless people such as that guy with the wierd motorcyle helmet while worring about the Wolken Rittern, and then have Doug as a running gag that shows up a few times until he leaves around episode 11 wondering why a song about escaping certain doom or somesuch would be the gatesong for this world. May I? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
-------------------
Fate are you alright! screamed Nanoha telepathically as smoke started to obscure my vision.
I'm fine, I reply in the same manner, protect Arisa and Suzuka. I'll take care of these guys. They are trying to get away, I realized as I heard the car tires squeal. They wont get far. Plasma Lancer.
Yes Sir said Bardiche as the yellow bolt shot out over the car before turning and smashing through their engine.
We surrender! Came the desperate cries from the wrecked vehicle. The other guy is getting away! But I can't leave these guys or the might try to kidnap someone else. Chrono, I call out telepathically, how soon can you be here to take these guys of my hands?
I'm already on my way we should be there in a minute or so.
The smoke is too thick, I can't see anything.
Come out of there with your hands where I can see them. I called out before walking in the direction where the car crashed. Just the the hiss of smoke escaping the grenades stopped.
Ok Fate we are here. Where are the trouble makers? asked Chrono as he and a pair of Bureau Officials arrived on the scene.
In this smoke cloud take care of them while I go looking for the one that escaped.

^_^
Agent Anderson was observing this whole fiasco from the apartment building across the street. He was not happy, not happy at all. He didn't like Smith and he didn't like the idea of kidnapping a young girl, but he still didn't want to go back and report this to the Commander.

CattyNebulart

Haven't gotten much done. Did a parital rewrite of what I had and fixed some mistakes, but this scene just won't turn out right.
I have rewriten it a few times alread and I'm still not happy with it. Any suggestions? Or am I just being to hard on myself?
------------
Fate are you alright! screamed Nanoha telepathically as smoke started to obscure my vision.
I'm fine," I reply in the same manner, protect Arisa and Suzuka. I'll take care of these guys. They are trying to get away, I realized as I heard the car tires squeal. They wont get far. "Plasma Lancer."
Yes Sir said Bardiche as the yellow bolt shot out over the car before turning and smashing through their engine, by now almost completely obscured by the smoke screen.
We surrender! Don't shoot! Babbled the would be kidnappers desperately from the wrecked vehicle. The other guy is getting away! But I can't leave these guys or the might try to kidnap someone else. And what am I going to do when I catch him anyway?
Fate are you alright? Nanoha told us that someone was attacking you. Asked Chrono telepathically.
I'm fine. What is standard procedure when apprehending kidnappers?
Hang on we'll be there in a minute. Usually we leave those cases to the local authorities. And if we do get involved we usually have some sort of agreement with the local authorities. Since this isn't the case here we'll just have to wing it. Just keep them there for now.
They have split up, there is a group here in a car and one guy ran of.
Stick with the group for now.
Well dang, that's it? A Nanoha/FMP crossover seems a little scary (in a similar way to the thought of Sailor Moon/Matrix crossovers), but this looked
promising. And was a fun thing to run into while seeing if the original ROFL thread was still around anywhere. Which interestingly enough I was in fact looking
for a Sailor Moon fic quote. One about how a guy was doomed because, "Back then you were fighting an army. Now you face a handful of barely trained
teenagers." Er, sorry for the necroposting.

(Er. Edit. threat-->thread)
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

CattyNebulart

thanks for the kind words.m I am still working on it just... slowly.

CattyNebulart

Sigh sorry for the thread necromancy but I'll release chapter one in a few days at most. I have been reworking some stuff and eliminating some plot holes that appeared in my time line and got more stuff written.

However I need feedback on this one scene, since it seems my characterization of Fate is way off base, and yet I think it fits in with what we see on screen, a shy girl, that is unsure of herself outside of combat.

EDIT: GAH what has Yuku done to my poor defenseless formating?

Quote:Later that day Nanoha, Chrono and I where sitting in one of the corner booths of the Midori-ya, Nanoha's family's cafe. It gave them the privacy to discuss this morning's incident over ice cream. Nanoha kept giving me worried glances, probably wondering when I became so weak. I want to beat my self in disgust for even thinking that about Nanoha, but instead I just sink deeper into my chair.

"Don't feel to bad," said Chrono. "Thanks to you we captured three of them."

I just sighed and pushed at my ice cream not really feeling like eating. How could I do so badly in front of Nanoha? First I mess up on saving her, then I can't even capture the Wolkenritter, and now I can't even capture some normal humans. I know the fear that Nanoha and Lindy will abandon me if I'm useless is silly, but I still feel it clenching my gut. Momma also used to be kind and gentle. I try to get the topic to move to safer grounds by asking about what I did accomplish. "So do you know why they wanted to kidnap me?"

"Not yet," answered Chrono, "The entire situation is a mess, since this is a non-administered planet we technically have only limited ability to deal with criminals unless our intervention is requested or they operate inter-dimensionally. However since they threatened a bureau mage they are being extradited to Midchilda where their interrogation will take place. We have been trying to find out why they tried to kidnap you, but it has become apparent that they where just hired mercenaries. Apparently the guy that got away was named Smith, and he was the one they where working for."

I barely suppressed my wince at the reminder of my failure. So much for that topic. Thankfully Nanoha diverted the conversation to safer topics. It makes me feel warm and tingle inside, knowing that Nanoha is looking out for me.
Hey Lilfluff, that quote is from the fic Master of Orion on anime addventure, by Black Dragon.

As for you Catty... MOAR.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

CattyNebulart

Well the prologue has escaped into the wild: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4380014/1/F ... l_Panic_As

Now who volunteers as a prereader?

Also the switching between first and third person, is it still too jarring now that it happens more than once? If it is I'll fix it but I'm hoping I
made it work.