Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: GYAGH!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know why this occured to me... surely I've offended some kami somehow and it's my punishment... but it's too awful to keep to myself.
Picture Orochimaru... blind drunk... in a kareoke bar... singing "It's Raining Men."
OH GODS, MY EYES! IT BURNS, IT BURNS LIKE A TERRIBLE HOT BURNY THING!! THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!!!
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Angryoptimist

I must be a glutton for punishement, because I would pay to see that.
Besides which, you just know half his more notable minions'd be up there with him--just as shitfaced themselves--unintelligibly singing by the end of the song. After all, none of them would have any idea what they were singing.-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
... you actually made it WORSE. Now I'm seeing Orochibimaru-chan and SD-Kabuto and SD-Sasuke doing the harmony bits with linked arms, and Tayuya(? The one who fought Shikamaru and Temari - she was under one bigass tree, but Kabuto could have saved her if she was deemed valuable enough...) off to the side a bit, having dropped out to quaff another mug of brew.
(huddles in a corner crying tears of blood)
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
AlanP wrote a BTVS megacrossover named "Provocation" in which, among other things, Buffy gets turned into a marilith -- a kind of snake demon. As of the latest chapter, well...

Quote:
"Come to me, my serpentine love!," a distinctly snake-ish man yelled, leaping onto Marilith Buffy and hugging her scales just below her waist lasciviously.
Buffy began cracking all three pairs of knuckles.
"O. Ro. Chi. Ma. Ru."
Now, that should *PROPERLY* give you nightmares.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Link please?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
A new nightmare, perhaps?
Mrs. Norris, scruffy feline bane of the Hogwarts students, is in fact an animagus, who took up a torrid affair with Filch after being widowed, and prowls the school sneaking up on students to engage their mutual kinks of pedophilia, voyeurism and S&M - there's nothing hotter than an evening of bondage after watching some hapless youngster groaning in frustrated exertion.
--
You *scare* me. [Image: sick.gif]
I think I found it, thoguh I didn't read it per se, just checked title, author, and a search on "marilith."
at Xanderzone
YAHF warning
Quote:
You *scare* me.
... My work here is done!
--
It's the right fic, but not current. Here's the most current update on a public page... which is *NOT* current, by any means.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]

Angryoptimist

...but please indulge me and allow me to contribute my own GYAGH!
Seeing as I've had both Series 3 JoJo and Naruto on my mind...
Name: Uchiha Sasuke
Stand: World Platinum
Name: Uzumaki Naruto
Stand: The Stars
(Name: Haruno Sakura
Stand: Justice
... )
Edit: fixed typing error.-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
(all of the following from Wikipedia's articles on the cards)
The World represents an ending to a cycle of life. Everything is complete and as it should be. There is a pause in life before the next big cycle - a cycle begining with the fool.
This is so not right for Sasuke.
The Star is the wish card, the card of hope. It tells the querant that there is hope in their life.
OTOH, this suits Naruto quite well.
Justice is the card which reminds us that we are not perfect. When this card appears it ask us to identify what we did wrong and to claim our own mistakes - and perhaps to apologize for something we have done.
This'd work for Sakura... but it'd be even better for Sasuke.
And, obviously, I'm likely missing the point of the way they were used in JoJo, but, eh. *shrug*
Ja, -n

===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Hmm wouldn't something based on Strength be better?
I just remember the image is of a woman controlling a lion...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Angryoptimist

Wait, wait! By what you're saying, I'm guessing you may not know that much about series 3+ JoJo or stands (or like tarot, which I don't know much about; thank you for the explaination, by the way). What I'm referring to are plays on the Stands that Dio Brando and Jotaro Kujo use (in Sakura's case, direct rip-off of Enya Geil's army-of-dead-controlling stand, Justice, because, come on, it'd be funny--just imagine how she'd react to what it does!*). Irritating things about all the Stands, is that they're named after something else (tarot cards in series 3; bands, performers, and songs in subsequent series [not sure about series 7]). Here's the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure page on Wikipedia; they should have plenty on stands in the series 3 section, at least.
Dio's--Dio is the big, nasty, sociopathic, undead, power hungry, etc. etc. villain--Stand, The World, is a very kickass, short range melee-combat/time-stop stand. I don't imagine, since Dio is an unholy undead mask-vampire-type-person, that having The World is all that appropriate for him, either ('Course, he got it from Johnny Joestar's body...).
If The Star is an appropriate card for Naruto, then the Stand Star Platinum is very appropriate for Jotaro as he is, quite simply, the only one with any hope of defeating Dio. At the beginning, Star Platinum is a short-range, insanely super-fast melee Stand with great precision and insanely enhanced senses--doesn't sound that great, perhaps, but it's pretty cool to see. Later, we find that it is a stand very much like Dio's, a time-manipulation Stand capable of time-stops.
Mostly, I figured one'd have to give both Sasuke and Naruto time-stop Stands or the one without would be in it up to his neck whenever he fought the one with--none of the stands are really up to dealing with a fully-capable time-stop stand. Before I came to that realization, however, I considered assigning Heirophant Green (an, er, snake guy, that can, um, shoot emeralds and, uh, nevermind...) or Magician's Red (a fire-making/using/controlling stand) to Sasuke. There are a number of other stands that could be assigned to Sasuke or somebody else, of course.
(Strength is this crazy-ass stand that, in the anime, an orangutan used to turn a yacht into a huge-ass oil tanker [which he could, of course, control and do crazy stuff with].)
*Hell!Sakura, would probably love it, though.
edit: grammar fix and added comment-----------------
I know exactly as much about JoJo as has come up 'round here. ^_^
"The modern interpretation of the Strength card stresses discipline and control. The lion represents the primal 'id' part of the mind, and the woman the 'higher' parts. The card tells the Querant to be wary of the temptations of the flesh. As in The Chariot card, the Querant is fighting a battle. The difference is that in Strength, the battle is mainly internal rather than external."
Boy howdy, but that's Sakura-chan, alright. For ano onna, "The Tower (XVI) is a Major Arcana Tarot card. It symbolises failure, ruin and catastrophe." Appropriately, it is the only card I know of with no positive connotations.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Angryoptimist

Well, I think there was a TK 1940 story a while back that focused on Series 2 JoJo, but Stands didn't come into the picture until Series 3.
I definitely recommend you check out Series 3 JoJo; it's like the thinking man's Fist of the North Star.
In any case, put that way, Strength would be very appropriate for Sakura. It's also a moderately cool stand; from what is seen from the anime, it can, at least, make something really, really huge and maintain complete control over what it has posessed (the walls of the 'tanker' mentioned in my previous post attacked our heroes; it really kinda rocked).
Pairing the The Tower (XVI) with That Woman for purposes of a Stand would give her the stand Tower of Gray. I don't know much about this stand, as I've only seen the anime (yet!) and they left that out, but I did find this that talks about it (Google cache because the page is down). Apparently, it's all speed and mobility.
Edit: For great bolding!-----------------