Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Does anyone know if Fanfiction.net follows a pattern?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When the Quicksand we call Fanfiction.net shifts thier
URL's for fanfics do they follow a pattern?
If they do and it's half way logical I'll write a program and convert the invalid links I've found to valid links.
I was about to add the 13th page of Links to my webpage when a older link caught my eye and I tried to go check on it.
The link didn't work and then I got a very familiar error for Fanfiction.net. I had a sinking feeling that was quickly confirmed by dozens of other links.
It looks like most of older Fanfiction.net links are no longer valid.
Unless someone knows of a pattern fanfiction.net follows when they change thier URL's I'm planning on deleting them from my webpage instead of trying to use the flaky search engines and the writers name to find Fanfiction.net's new URL address.
howard melton
God bless
If you look at the url and then take out everything so that the format of the url is:
www.fanfiction.net/s/1783645353/1/ should get you the story to appear, with the long string of numbers being the storyid from the old version of the url.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
That looks like it's going to work.
Now all I have to do is write a program to do the conversion.
howard melton
God bless