Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Its name is Between
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two blades were godforged in the Time Without Time, one of scaled, black meteor-metal and one bright-polished steel from the caverns of the Dwarves, one a creuyl vessel for the power of Death, the other a shard of hyope in Life's abi9lity to persevere. Given to mortal champions, they were the symbols around which armies formed, and against whom armies fell, till all the land was embroiled in the chaos of war, until finally even the gods grew afraid that all would be destroyed in the struggle. There arose then a champion, a mage-smith of great wisdom and great martial skill, who was said to have been born full-grown from an ancient oak struck by fire form heaven. He bested the champions of both and reforged them into one: Life, Death, and the razor edge Between.
The blade itself is a massive zweihander, fully double-edged, whose blade tapers from a handspan wide at the base to a fingers length before coming to a point. One side is scaled and black like and iron pot, the other washed in silver and polished forever bright. Strange symbols appear on each side, glowing in ever-shifting patterns, which are of no language known to mortal man, yet any who look upon them understand their meaning: Life, Death, and the razor edge Between.
(Another part is needed, that again repeats "Life, Death, and the razor edge Between," but nothing is coming to me at the moment.)

This little piece is provided as bunny chow, if anyone likes it feel free to use, abuse, fold, spindle, or mutilate it in any way you see fit. It just kind of popped into my head like a floating clown and growled "Look at my hat! It is a fine hat. Just look at my beautiful hat!"
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Between Shadow and Sight?
Not sure about the Shadow Sight, but maybe describe it again in terms of Day and Night or Darkest light and brightest night?
howard melton
God bless
Between the candle and the star...
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Getween the candle and the star it waits, now, waits until another shal rise, worthy of its power. Death of gods, birth of empires, scissors on the loom of fate: Life, Death, and the razor edge Between.
That's a decent third part, no? Being a zweihander isn't really neccesary of course, of that's not what someone wants for a story, but it seemed reasonable that two swords made one would be a big ass sword. The only thing that really matters is the different sides of the blade.
- CD
Or, given that last line, maybe it doesn't look like a sword at all, but a big paor of shears, one blade black and one blade bright. My kitchen shears are like that actually, after putting together parts of two broken ones - something that didn't even occur to me at the time. Kind of like BtVS calling an axe a scythe. That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Between the candle and the star...
HULK GREY!
HULK STAND BETWEEN CANDLE AND STAR!
HULK *SMASH* SHADOWS BEYOND RIM!

Sorry. I just got reminded of this little thing from my quote file, referencing the gay, carefree days when the Incredible Hulk was grey and not green.
It goes along with this:
WHEN YOU PUNY BONEHEADS GOING TO FIGURE IT OUT?!
NO ONE BEATS HULK! HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!
HULK LIVES FOR THE HULK, HULK DIES FOR THE HULK, HULK.... HULK CONFUSED.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03