Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Well this is a first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a "time travel to Marauders school days" fic that doesn't blow goats. Tanydwr is the author, and the title is Teasing, Teaching, and Time Travel. She (I *think* it's a she) also has some others with interesting looking summaries, but I haven't read them yet. It does kind of drag on expositing about the Deadly Curses she came up with, but persevere and there's some good stuff once you're past it.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Looks decent.
Doesn't tickle me, though. I'm annoyed at any 'no changing things because of the likelyhood of a paradox' stories, really, so that isn't much of a surprise.
The writing is good, from the few chapters I've read, and the characters are pretty much true to canon.
*sigh* It's sad, you know, because I've gotten to the point where I don't know whether this is a good or a bad thing.
Or maybe what I've put down above is just justification for me being very much affected by the 'meh, get on with it already' feeling that pretty much every Harry/Ginny story causes me to experience.
Wow. I think I'm bitter.
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Meh. Decent fic, but it loses its charm later.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Is it worth a look at all?

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I'd say yes, but don't have particularly high expectations--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]