Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Okay, someone help me out, please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to relocate a Harry Potter fic that was recommended in this forum not more than two or three months ago, but I can't find the right link in the right thread to take me to it.
Harry makes peace with Dudley, and becomes friends. He also becomes friends with a squirrel in a local park. They -- all three of them -- hit a few parties together. Hermione shows up at one, having run away from home. Tonks shows up, and it looks like there's going to be a Harry/Hermione/Tonks menage forming.
The author has a very nicely done website, with a gorgeous image of Tonks that occasionally blinks its eyes. But I didn't bookmark it, stupid me, and I can't remember the title of the fic or the URL or anything. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
It's called "Strength of Three" and is located here. However, it doesn't look as if it's been updated in the best part of a year, so...

-W"Ah, great. More androids." "We're not androids, we're the Knight Sabers!" "Huh. Frederick's of Hollywood has a line of power armor out. Who knew?"Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead
It's also on FFn if script-heavy websites annoy you as much as they do me.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Thanks, both of you!

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
All part of the service... thoguh I admit it feels very strange calling FFn a 'script ligt web site...'
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
I just remembered one - Voldemort didn't chase the Potters down for a few more years, and Harry had a younger sister by the time thier parents were killed. I think it was because Moldyshorts had decided he wanted to try to recruit Harry rather than kill him, to turn the proesied champion to his own cause - the Death Eatwers protected him and he considered them freinds, espescially since the Aurors had gotten broader and broader authority and abused it more and more as the war dragged on. Eventually the attack came, and he and his little sis escaped - and somehow or other they managed to get set up in an apartment on their own. The last I remember of it, there was another attack of either Death Eaters or Aurors, and he'd had yto rescue her from the burning building, then they ran away when the firemen or emergency workers tried to take them to hosital, and or when they asked about their parents... I can't remember really. I think it was pretty good, though.
Oh, there was a spell used to dispose of corpses, so no one knew that it was the Potters who'd been killed. Um, one of the DE's who'd been on frequent Harry-duty and been saved from Aurors by him was probably involved in getting the apartment et up, or at least she showed up there to warn of the impending attack just before it was destroyed.
--

HoagieOfDoom

I think what you're looking for is Fugitive Prince. IIRC, though, Harry's sibling is a boy.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I think that may be it - I remember the line about James' breath now that I've read ch1 again. Pity it's not been updated in a year.
--