Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: searching for stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blob

I'm searching for an old Ranma/Star Wars crossover with the title "Ranma's rebellion". I't been ages since I've last seen it. (on Sofaspud's couch IIRC, but the site is down) And googleing gave me nothing usefull.
The story takes place after the original SW Trilogy. One of the surviving splinter groups of the Imperial Navy has taken over Earth. The Nerima Wrecking Crew has joined/started a resistance movement. In the few chapters that were available the last time I've read this story Ranma and someone else (I think Ryoga and Shampoo but I'm not shure) hooked up with some smugglers to contact the Rebel Alliance. We also learn that there was another group of Wrecking Crew members who tried to contact the alliance before that, but they got screwed over the smugglers who were supposed to get them out of the Sol system and thus were sold as slaves. That way Nabiki ended up as the aprentice of a Sith and Ukyo somehow managed to escape slavery and become a frighter captain.
Oh and Ranmas Group only managed to get out of the system beause Kodachi sabotaged the interdictog guarding Earth.
Does anybody of you by any chance know where to find a copy of this?
And the other Story I'm searching for is a Ranma fanfiction called "Cherry Blossoms" I'ts about a war between China and Japan, where Shampoo meets Akane and Ryoga on the battlefield and finds out that the three of them are probably the last members of the Wrecking Crew left alive.
What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?
"Cherry Blossoms" sounds familiar -- I might have it in my archives at home. Maybe. I'll look when I get home tonight.
The others don't ring a bell, sorry.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03

The Wanderer

There's a story entitled "Ranma's Rebellion", matching the description you provide, of which two chapters were posted to the FFML in June of '01; it's by Donovan A. WIllett. I don't know where it could be found online (although I have the aforementioned two chapters), but the author's name may help you search. If you find more than those two chapters, please let me know; I was looking forward to more of this, back in the day, but nothing ever turned up.
I have a story - claiming to have been posted to the FFML Refugee List in July of '01 - called "Cherry Blossom", by Allyn Yonge (AKA Desaix); I haven't read it in detail, but the setting seems to roughly match what you describe, although Ryoga's name does not appear. Again, no certain idea of where to find it online; the story does include a URL for the author's fanfics, but it's Geocities and dead. Desaix does have a fanfiction.net page under that name (his current main project being a Naruto fic called Training for the Job), but I don't offhand remember seeing this fic on that page.
Sorry, I could not find any story called "Cherry Blossoms" in my Ranma fiction archive. It is, admittedly, incomplete, as much of it remains on floppies and not yet put on my hard disk, so you shouldn't give up hope.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Yeah, I remember this one. CB was written and posted to the FFML by Allyn Yonge. THe odd thing is, there were *two* completely different versions of the story -- one where Shampoo was an officer in the Glorious Invading Chinese Army, and the other, shorter and more surreal, where the strategic situation was much less defined, and Shampoo had been nearly reduced to a mindless supersoldier. Both stories revolved around her encountering Akane in the wreckage of Nerima, and Ryouga showed up as Akane's guard-dog both times.
I'm not sure if both versions got put on his website, but they *should* both be in the FFML archives.

blob

Thanks guys. Maybe those additional informations will help me find the stories.
@The Wanderer: don't worry. I'll drop you a line if I find anything.
@SkyeFire: I've never heard of that second 'mindless super soldier' version before. How good is it compared to the other version, aside from being shorter and more surreal? (somehow I only get clich drug trip mental images when I try to imagine a more surreal version, considering the last scene of the first version: A blind Ryoga with a _perfect_ sense of direction, missing his lower jaw, wielding a giant club or hammer and carying a legless Akane, wielding a crossbow made from the remains of a truck, in a harness. Both of them laying waste to a whole platoon of Chineese soldiers with tank support, while she is singing a lullaby.What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?
Quote:
What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?
The pink afro'd be amusing. Her hair's got enough volume for one, certainly.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Quote:
The pink afro'd be amusing. Her hair's got enough volume for one, certainly.
Could she use it to hold weaponry like Nabeshin does?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I have a story - claiming to have been posted to the FFML Refugee List in July of '01 - called "Cherry Blossom", by Allyn Yonge (AKA Desaix); I haven't read it in detail, but the setting seems to roughly match what you describe, although Ryoga's name does not appear. Again, no certain idea of where to find it online; the story does include a URL for the author's fanfics, but it's Geocities and dead.
Have you tried typing using that URL in the Wayback Machine?
www.archive.org/web/web.php
There might be a chance that you can at least read the fic there.
Even a dead url would be helpful, since most people don't use robots.txt to block the archive sites.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

The Wanderer

I hadn't, but just did so, and got "0 pages found".
In the unlikely event that anyone else may find it useful, the URL in question is www.geocities.com/zednik.geo/fanfics.htm
I've also just checked desaix's FFnet page (because someone had to), and it has no fic by that title.

HoagieOfDoom

Quote:
Could she use it to hold weaponry like Nabeshin does?
I've got this sudden mental image of Chibi-Usa pulling two rocket launchers and holding them akimbo while Puni Puni Poemi cheers her on in her usual more-manic-than-a-weasel-on-crack manner. And for some reason Chibi-Usa keeps taking the place of whoever Puni's lesbian friend is.
Eurgh, bad thoughts. Go away!*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

blob

Quote:
Have you tried typing using that URL in the Wayback Machine?
www.archive.org/web/web.php
There might be a chance that you can at least read the fic there.
I managed to pull "Cherry Blossom" from the FFML Archive. It was indeed posted in July of 2001.
Still no luck with new chapters from "Ranma's Rebellion" though.What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?