Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Jawdroppers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly couldn't think of anyplace else to put this one. It's one of those well-written stories that just leaves you sitting there, jaw on desk, afterwards with nothing in your brain but a busy signal.
"Cheaper by the Dozen." www.fanfiction.net/s/1077049/1/
It's short. It's good. It's... well, you pretty much had to be there.
It came up recently on rec.arts.sf.written, after a conversation about a SFnally-plausible way of achieving the same effect. And I'm not saying anymore -- I can't w/o spoiling.
Uh....
*twitch* *twitch* *twitch*--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

HoagieOfDoom

Hey, I've read this before. Liked it then, liked it now.
Although the premise is really strange, even for Ranma-fic.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

WengFook

twitch twitch twitch it right for 500 points Ecsnorway >_
PC Xyphael: "Wait! 'Detect Drow' is a Fireball!?!"
Quotes of the Combustable Commode.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Quote:
Wait! 'Detect Drow' is a Fireball!?!
Gives the term "reconnaissance by fire" a new level of meaning.
Well. After I got done being seriously weirded out, I rather liked this fic. The notion of multiple immersions adding together rather than cancelling out was clever. And the reactions of the (formerly) Tendo ladies to the revelations were a hoot.
DHBirr
"Up, lad, up! We've villages to pillage, maidens to slay, and dragons to rescue!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.