Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New Eyrie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is up and features the X-men. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
There goes my afternoon...--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
And I have my weekend almost completely booked. Argh.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Actually, it's very short. In a "much more to come" sort of way. Just finished it, in fact.--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Nabad... I'm guessing that part of this grew out of the notes ofr ... was it X20? The one that had a poster or four done, but was dropped as unworkable, and involved an X-team for "Flynnspace."
Thinking of that, wasn't Chris Meadows' McDonalds sent to the planet surrounded by the old UP ring by means of a variation on that transporter design? It would tie in with much-later Treknology of "holographic data signals" and their being extremely resistant to degradation over long distances, too.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quite possibly.
Also, ACE! Yes! My all-time favorite Doctor Who companion.
I'm just curious what part of her background (from a dozen or so TV stories and 40+ novels) Ben's decided to use.
Oh, and where'd 'Gale' come from? Her canonical surname is McShane.--
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
The Wizard of Oz, I beleive. Which makes for a truly STRANGE combination, In My Holy Opinion.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Given that it was a deliberate and heavily alluded to part of the inspiration for her character, I don't think it's so strange, but I thought someone would've remembered that we actually meet her grandmother at one point...--
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
All in all, I guess it's not really so bad. Sure, Ben didn't use one nitpicky detail, but he certainly did use another.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

The Wanderer

<origin of Ace's UF surname><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The Wizard of Oz, I beleive.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> Yes, that's correct - and it leads me to the question: does this qualify as another crossover, or not?<br><br>Because if it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>does</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> - and I wouldn't put it past them to introduce Oz itself eventually, using this as a lead-in - then this is definitely one for my list... but it's also <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>not</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> something I want to include if it's just a reference. (I've broadened my rules somewhat on that count, but this would still fall outside of them.)
Quote:
All in all, I guess it's not really so bad. Sure, Ben didn't use one nitpicky detail, but he certainly did use another.
Well, actually, he's condemning over three quarters of her "on-screen" time, with that crack about the novels.
And I seriously doubt there'll be any Oz, unless it's a shadowy conspiracy involving a masked destroid pilot.--
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:
And I seriously doubt there'll be any Oz, unless it's a shadowy conspiracy involving a masked destroid pilot.
Given Gryphon's general mood of... these last few years, and his stated opinion of the Gundam series, I'd say that unless Juniper or Geoff have been hiding an obession from us, that'd be fairly unlikely.
Which is a shame, because what I was able to catch of Gundam SEED before it got liscenced and the fansubs cut off rocked supremely.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
The first season of SEED was pretty good.
The second season, SEED Destiny, was pretty good until about halfway through when Fukada's wife (the writer) went utterly insane.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

WengFook

Berk wrote:
Quote:
The second season, SEED Destiny, was pretty good until about halfway through when Fukada's wife (the writer) went utterly insane
Sadly I must agree.... even some of the mecha designs have been found much wanting._____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"