Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for an HP fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone remember an HP fic which features an angry Harry telling all sorts of people off and training with Bliase (F) Zabini's father?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
"Apprentice Potter"? It was mentioned in one of the FFnet recommendation threads.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
That's it, I think. Search isn't coming up with it, I'll see if I can dig it up on FF.net's cruddy search engine.
Okay, my search-fu is weak. Anyone got a link?--
Draco664 removed his stories from FFn because one round or another of policy idiocy pissed him off. Apprentice Potter and Journeyman Potter are now at draco664.fanficauthors.net/.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Well, looking for it on FF.Net won't work since he took it off there. It is on his personal site though.
draco664.fanficauthors.net/
Woo, thanks.

Grrrrrrr. Stupid Internet won't let me to *.fanficauthors.net right now.--
Right, then what's the one where the Zabini's 'rescue' Harry?
I don't know that one. I know one where the *Parkinsons* rescue Harry, though.--
That might be so, all I remembered was that it was a non-Malfoy/Black house snake family that worked out Harry winning was better for business then if Moldywort won. Still doesn't mean I remember title or local it's findable at.
--Rod.H
I doubt it's what you're talking about (well, not bloody likely) and not even all that spectacularly good, but fireflashphoenix has a fic where BELLATRIX of all people saves Harry...
Those with good memories may remember that I at one point posted a baby bunny reading, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "I think so brain, but if the power the Dark Lord knows not was sheer sexual megnetism, that might lure Bellatrix to defect, and that would just be... BRRRR!" Well, while I'm on HP/BB stuff... Byproduct of Evil has apparently made a FFn career of them. Shudder.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Rod,
The fic you're probably thinking of is "White Knight, Grey Queen" by Jeconais/Tim Joy.
jeconais.fanficauthors.net
Good writing, but he loves Uber!Harry and his way of making the 'ship work is to completely warp Pansy's character.--

SCM Writer of 2814

Why do people think Harry needs to be 'rescued'? While I understand the Durseleys are bad, 'Rescue' fics read, to me like child-grooming.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Why do people think Harry needs to be 'rescued'? While I understand the Durseleys are bad, 'Rescue' fics read, to me like child-grooming.
while little is told of harry's life pre-letter, the little bits that are shown (locked in the cupboard with a broken arm, sleeping in the cupboard in the first place) and their treatment of him after the letter to imply criminal child neglect at best, and active child abuse at worst... lack of child services involvement also speaks to somebody working to keep him there...

i'd expect a teacher, on seeing 2 kids from the same home where one is well dressed and (very) well fed and the other rib-countingly skinny and in obviously oversized hand-me-downs to place a call to the child welfare office.... or at least the parents (and then the child welfare office)...

i don't find "rescuing harry" as a macguffin to be all that far-fetched, given all that... execution of the macguffin, otoh, is subject to sturgeon's law.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

SCM Writer of 2814

I agree, frankly. It's the crappy execution that annoys me.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
Quote:Good writing, but he loves Uber!Harry and his way of making the 'ship work is to completely warp Pansy's character.
As far as Pansy's characterization in "WKGQ" is concerned, I felt that Jeconais justified it just enough for me to buy it for as long as it took to tell the story. Yes, it's an alternate Pansy, but it's a Pansy who has a plausible reason to look like canon Pansy up until the end of Order of the Phoenix. For the purposes of his story, I felt his explanation was mostly sufficient to explain her behavior both before and after.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.