Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: RPG.NET: Where people should be getting fanfic ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Elsa Bibat

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=404565

Quote:

Most civilian craft that escaped the destruction of the Twelve Colonies were at the rally point set by President Roslin. However, out on the fringes of the
colonies, another rally point was broadcast. The smugglers, pirates and fugitives that congregated in and around Hera and the outer reaches of the colonies
maintained a certain 'honour among thieves,' and kept their own broadcast codes, which allowed those outside the law to communicate without the
authorities being able to figure out what they were saying. Sure, the authorities would break every code eventually, but the codes changed every few months,
often in ways that were designed to trick the authorities into believing that a previous code was still being used. It was in this smugglers' code that
the second rally point was broadcast.

I want you to help me build the fleet of ships that responded to this broadcast. I've given a few examples below of the types of suggestions that I'm
looking for, but I'd like to set a few additional guidelines as well:

- This is for a campaign that runs parallel to the main BSG story, but for the most part, won't intersect with it.

- All suggestions should be for the sort of ship that would have been able to decode the broadcast; in other words, ships crewed by people from the
underworld and the fringes of society. Think more Firefly than standard BSG.

- No Battlestars, battleships, hijacked experimental military superships, etc. I want this to be a campaign where the PCs have to survive with only their
wits and don't have the option of going head-to-head with a cylon basestar.
Now that is a fanfic/fic idea waiting to happen. There are several others threads on there that I either want to play or just write about.
Especially the Chthulu superheroes (Supervillains are actually CoC Investigators) and the incredible Long Stairs thread.
some very cool ideas there.

Necratoid

Actually that sounds like a game of figure out who the cylons have implanted with spiffy secret to even them cylon parts, who is a half breed, who is the cylon
grown sexriod infiltrator or whatnot. That or the ships just get hosed by military force. Its not like they bothered to populate random planets in the new
series. The cylons detect random coherent signals from a random source and they'll swarm it so they don't have anything living to contaminate their
sudden need for bizzaree psychological mind games and sexriod soap operas. If they can't take you down with random ships your fighting a basestar in a few
weeks/days.

Elsa Bibat

And another from RPG.net - finally found where John Biles is:

http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=921 ... tcount=591

Make the Castle Falkenstein one, Biles!!!!
He swiped the first two from Gryphon, and he pretty much admits as to why in the posters!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Okay, "Kill Beryl" is going into my wallpaper collection immediately.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
here's another interesting idea

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=410245