Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for a fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LantisEscudo

I'm not sure if I got the recommendation from one of the threads here, or if I followed a link from a fic that was, but I can't seem to refind it.

It's a Harry Potter fic, starting from the scene in the graveyard of V's resurrection. V already knows the entire prophecy, and to ensure his
immortality, shoves Harry through a dimensional rift to a parallel universe, where everyone is the opposite gender from Harry's home universe, except for
Luna. I don't remember much else of the plot, unfortunately.

Can anyone point me toward it?
------------
Honou Productions.
Yes, but not right now. I have the link on my home system. Which of course means I'll hardly have finished typing this message before three others with the
link will be posted here for your convenience.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Not quite that fast, what your looking for is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3894793/1/H ... staff_Side]Harry Potter and the Distaff Side, I believe...

LantisEscudo

That's it. Thanks, drogan.

*bookmarks it to not lose it this time*
------------
Honou Productions.
Like I said, before I'd get a chance...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote: A/N2: Be forewarned, this fic is not paying attention to HBP, or DH, so:

No Horocruxes,.

Dumbles is not dead. Of course it's only 4th year when the story starts, who knows in the future

Snape is still a bastard, but not obviously a traitor.

There will not be an annotated potions book to piss Hermione off and make Harry more whiney than absolutely necessary.

There is not an oh so fashionable beaded bag that can evidently pack everything in the known universe except food.

Ron is not going to abandon the love of his life and his best friend, at least not soon.

Hermione is not going to mind rape her parents.

There is not going to be an endless camping trip.
As a general rule, introductions like that are a good way to get me to STOP reading. Though the only other case I can think of is Chunin Exam Day,
in which it didn't, but SHOULD have.

Pronounced "shy guy."
I think in some circles, people feel the need to go the extra mile to make sure that it's very obvious that what they're writing is an au in which the
events past a certain point never happened. After all, there are people who will get very upset when they *aren't* warned in such a case.

I'm not sure what the "fashionable beaded bag" is referring to though.

-Morgan, likes Chunin Exam Day. '.'
As I recall, that would be the bag of holding Hermone made for herself.

Herr Bad Moon

That's an odd thing to have beef with, since there were other cases previous where that sort of magic was fairly common. The tent Arthur Weasley bummed off
a coworker for the Quidditch Cup comes to mind, and I think I remember Harry noting that the Burrow had more rooms on the inside than it looked capable from
the outside. Weird.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
The thing people have a beef with is that she didn't think to pack any food in the damn infinite bag.

--Sam

"Elf finger magic. I hate that."
Which basically proves that she's human & fallible. Therefore's she's no longer a perfect creature suitable for slaking the unnatural lusts of her fans well-written character and Rowling should feel bad because she broke the fanbrat's widdle hearts.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
I doubt the problem is that she forgot something, but that she forgot something so basic.

-Morgan. Mmmm, slaking natural lusts...
It's the Absent Minded Professor Disorder. I suffer from it myself from time to time.
To be fair, while Hermoine may have expected the three of them to be in hiding while looking for the Horcruxes, I doubt that she expected them to be in hiding
from the ENTIRE wizarding community. She likely assumed that they'd be able to sneak into Diagon Alley every few days to pick up supplies, unable to
predict the overthrow of the entire ministry.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV