Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Story Help Request from Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Murmur the Fallen

I've been a bit stalled on my next chapter of Songs of Innocence, my mega-x-over fic starring Chibi-Usa. Perhaps the most annoying point is this:

In the next chapter I introduce The Eschatones (also known as Rei and the Eschatones), a four-piece rock band made up of characters from various anime series.
I have three of them, including:

Ayanami Rei, lead singer and guitar. Originally from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Kisaragi Quon, bass guitar. Originally from Rah Xephon.

Himemiya Anthy, drums. Originally from Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

I chose those three for many reasons, having to do with their roles in their respective series and also for their apparent ages in the time period I set the
Mega-Tokyo section of this story. The story for now is set in 2032. Quon, as seen at the end of the TV series, is reincarnated as a baby. I am
assuming/creating a similar scenario for Rei. Anthy, following on Chris Davies, simply always looks that young throughout time.

Rei, Quon and Anthy are all initiators/harbingers of the Apocalypse (however you want to define that), having messiah and anti-messiah qualities to them.
Hence the name The Eschatones, from eschaton or the end of the world.

So I am looking for characters that would be "reasonably" able to join a teenage girl band set in the 2030s who have the sort of qualities that are
common with Rei, Quon and Anthy. I really would prefer characters that could actually be teenagers in the 2030 and not, like Anthy, just look like it. But
I'll take what I can get.

Demonstrated musical talent not a necessity.

A caveat: no Haruhi, for many reasons.

Some possibilities I've thought of and tentatively abadoned are:

Iwakura Lain, from Serial Experiments Lain. Set too early, but otherwise a good fit.

Mima Tokiko or "Key" from Key the Metal Idol. Again, set too early. Not apocalyptic enough. But will probaby show up somewhere as either a
character or passing reference.

Skuld from Ah! My Goddess. Once again, set too early. Also doesn't connotate apocalypse.

Lynn Minmei from Superdimensional Fortress Macross. Still set too early, not exactly a spiritual harbinger of the apocalypse.

Mylene Jenius from Macross 7. Set too late, not a harbinger of the apocalypse. Does have musical talents. Her older sisters may show up.

Maetel from Galaxy Express 999. Set too late, though she is a time traveller or at least that's implied. But too old, man, too old.

Kei from Akira. I have another role in mind for her but maybe . . .

Any help appreciated, please! Thank you.

-Murmur
That is a horrible pun, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

That said, Sylvie or Anri from classic Bubblegum Crisis. More dystopic than apocalyptic, but the timeframe's dead on and with parameters that narrow
it's not like you're going to get a huge raft of positives, so.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Lain's actual time period is fiddlable. 'Present day, present time' could just as easily be the date of viewing rather than the date of production.

So, hmm... Nunnally di Britannia?

Or, better yet, Katsumi Liqueur. She very nearly destroyed the world after being brainwashed by the bad guys, and that was in 2030 or so. She's maybe a
touch old for the given range, I think - early twenties - but certainly close enough to seem like a 'big sister' figure to the rest of the band.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

CattyNebulart

Catty Nebulart. or more specifically one of her robot clones. Though she would be quite dated in 2032, being responsible for the creation of humanity and all
that. You could also argue that it is her fault that humanity was destroyed, so harbinger of destruction would fit.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Robot Dorothy Wainright from The Big O on keyboards

she's not a harbringer of an apocalypse, but she is from a post-cataclysmic world...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Umm, Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe?
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Murmur the Fallen

Thank you all very much.

Sailor Saturn and Lain are very much top contenders, though I do still worry about the age thing.

One of the female characters from X would fit the mood perfectly.

Katsumi from Silent Mobius . . . I'd have to research that as I never watched the series (I don't really care for Kia Asamiya's art), though the
timeframe does make it more attractive.

Please keep the suggestions coming

-murmur
Now I need to see (and hear) them covering "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)".
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Necratoid

Just cause it would haunt me if I don't say it, and she would be more timelost issue than some, but still fill the Harbinger (she has actually run the
gambit of cause, diverter and which side and kind of Apoc she is involved in) and musician features into play, Alita, from Battle Angel Alita.
If she wasn't entirely from the wrong time period, I'd nominate the Key, Dawn Summers. She was, after all, intended to bring about an apocalypse in her
home dimension...
Not so much intended, nor only in her home dimension... it's just that the only way Glory knew of to use the Key had rather... drastic side effects.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.