Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that MUST be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
That same scene also claims that Weyland-Yutani is a client as well... o.O;
(And I saw the episode in question, and the claims are indeed made.)
--Sam
"Take off and nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
Yoyodyne and Weyland-Yutani? No wonder that version of Earth is so screwed over!
Quote:Bob, this also means that you have the opportunity to actually combine two Steps if you want to... or use one to revisit the world of the other, with Doug not realizing they're the same world, at least not at first.
Sadly, neither really works for my plans. I should also note that Yoyodyne exists in Star Trek, as it is occasionally referenced both subtly and not in TNG -- and there is, IIRC, at least one Weyland-Yutani ref as well. However, since Trek is clearly fictional in the BTVS universe, this means they are parallels and not proof that one verse is the earlier state of the other.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Atomic Robo and the Border World of Xen

Tesladyne is called in to deal with the resonance cascade incident at Black Mesa, leading to Robo finding a new Action Scientist by the name of Gordon Freeman, Jenkins taking down another giant monster that ignores the Square Cube Law, and Breen and the G-man getting shot by lightning guns.
In a rather bizarre turn of events, Doug ends up in a Japanese shopping arcade in space, and meets up with two kids that seem to be just as lost as he is. (DW/Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
I like.

Along similar lines, Peg and I have been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the last few weeks, having picked up the three box sets the day we saw the live-action film. I've been imagining the "Girls, Girls, Girls" crew landing in an Earth Kingdom village being torched by Azula's footsoldiers, and having to choose sides between the villagers and Princess Psychobitch and her minions, without knowing the language. Between black-armored and masked goons and fleeing peasants, the choice is easy...
-- Bob
---------
Hmmmmm... I'm trying to decide when in the GGG continuity would be best to set that. (I like the idea of just Dee, Leese, and Sana against the Fire Nation - seems like a fair fight to me...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, I wanted Ty Lee to try her pressure points attack against Bibi and Nancy... and end up running screaming from the counterattacks.
-- Bob
---------

Herr Bad Moon

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Well, I wanted Ty Lee to try her pressure points attack against Bibi and Nancy... and end up running screaming from the counterattacks.

I just got this mental image of Ty Lee taking a look at Doug's aura, her pupils widening to the size of satellite dishes, and collapses into the fetal position mumbling the lyrics to "Merry-go-round Broke Down" over and over.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
No need for Doug for that... Skuld and
-- Bob
---------
Apparently, the canon Negimaverse has Mazoku in it, and two of Negi's students actually are Mazoku (Ok, one and a half, but that's just quibbling). Where this goes should be obvious and epic.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

The Wanderer

Well, the term "Mazoku" is actually a generic, meaning "demon(ic)" "tribe/clan/family", and can be applied to a broad variety of beings; the Slayers variety aren't at all prototypical of the concept. (F'rinstance, in Dragonball and the relevant filler arc of DBZ, Piccolo-daimaou and 'Garlic Junior' are referred to as Mazoku.)

Doesn't mean you can't do something with the correlation anyway, but it does cut down on the obviousness and awesomeness of it to some degree.
That just makes it better: (spoiler), Xellos, and Piccolo together would rock.
--
Rob Kelk

SCM Writer of 2814

Jorlem Wrote:I'm not sure if this would be a crossover that must be, or must not be:

Discworld/xxxHolic

The idea of Granny Weatherwax meeting Yuuko...
Been done to Death, man. This, surprisingly, seems the most popular crossover to write between the series. The other is Death meeting pre-Thirty Xanatos Pile-up Brainf*** Watanuki.
Star Trek: TNG and Negima: Data's Date with Chachamaru!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:I'm not sure if this would be a crossover that must be, or must not be:

Discworld/xxxHolic

The idea of Granny Weatherwax meeting Yuuko...
Been done to Death, man. This, surprisingly, seems the most popular crossover to write between the series. The other is Death meeting pre-Thirty Xanatos Pile-up Brainf*** Watanuki.
Really?  Cool.  Any links for where it's done especially well?
-----

SCM Writer of 2814

Oh I forget. I think throug hte FFnet discworld/xxxholic crossover filter
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
The year is 1975. 
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's reign of terror is at it's height. 
The Ministry of Magic is in chaos. 
In the mist of this all, a faceless, mid-level bureaucrat makes a decision that will change the course of history. 
In the name of an unknowing Ministry, a missive is sent. The services of a man, who is said to have slain his own heart, are requested.
The Magus Killer.
Kiritsugu Emiya.
-----

SCM Writer of 2814

Man, that setting is going to be a NIGHTMARE to be able to integrate properly...

See you another:

During the 4th Holy Grail War, Yagami Hayate is summoned as Caster. She then proceeds to kill her serial killer Master in disgust, and sets of use her complete memory of the future to see to it that few civilians are harmed by the war, since it turns out Hayate was BORN in Fuyuki city, right around that time. She keeps herself manifested by binding her linker core to her own copy of the Book of Darkness, so she can function withouta Master. She snipes from the shadows, and manages to contain the Holy Grail by Sealing herself as a lock on it, using it's own power to keep her manifest and ejecting Irisviel's consciousness from it to properly return to her body. The excess power is transferred to Irisviel's unborn daughter Illya... Hayate is still there, ten years later, when the 5th war comes along... And the Wolkenritter are collecting Linker Cores...
Check out said crack:
One problem that jumps out at me is the question of why Hayate was summoned. Since that summoning was done without any kind of focusing artifact, the Servant summoned has to have a personality that is compatible with the summoner, and I don't think Hayate's personality is compatible with that serial killer's personality.
-----
Because psycho-boy had an artifact, one eminently suitable for summoning a Servant matching his desires - or so he thought, anyway: The Book Of Darkness.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

SCM Writer of 2814

Oh, he finds the Book of Darkness as uses it as a focus. There's JUST enough leeway for it to fit.
Check out said crack:
And later on Hayate closed time loops it to her younger self?
-----
Not to interrupt or anything, but I had an idea.
Unfortunately, Yuku ate the first attempt at posting it, so this one might not be quite as good.
In F.C. 64, the governments of the world have a problem.  Six months before, eight percent of the economy- not just one nation, one continent, or the world's economy, but the economy of all humanity- vanished in two weeks of chaos.  Nobody's quite sure where the economic collapse started, but they all know the result.  The Great Collapse- a worldwide recession to beggar the Great Depression itself.
Over those few months, things settled down a bit.  The human economy has stabilized at a mere 90% of its pre-Collapse worth... leaving its governments up a creek without a paddle.
See, the next Gundam Fight is supposed to start in two months, and no nation on Earth can afford to participate.
Gundams are expensive beasts, but that's only half the problem.  According to the rules of the Gundam Fight (Article 7), the entire Earth is the ring.  Property damage is not only permitted, but expected to happen.  In happier times, the wealthy nations could afford to rebuild.  Now, they can't even afford to keep their courts running, much less have a Gundam Fight.  Every bureaucrat in the solar system has been running around like so many headless chickens, trying to find enough money to make ends meet.
Eventually, somebody had an idea.  The 14th Gundam Fight was canceled, and a new Courtroom Fight was announced in its place.  Participants would take the roles of prosecutors and defense attorneys, and conduct real trials in courtrooms across the world.  The judge's verdict would determine who advanced to the next round; if the accused was found guilty, the prosecutor would move on.  Otherwise, the defense would go on to the next round.  Trials would be conducted until there was but one participant remaining- the "Lawyer of Lawyers"- whose sponsoring nation would rule the Earth and its colonies for the next four years.  It was assumed that, by then, the economy would recover enough to support the Gundam Fights, so that everything could return to normal.
Preparations for the Courtroom Fight are proceeding apace.  While technically legal, many nations have violated the spirit of the Fight, sending their best and brightest lawyers to the tournament instead of the Gundam pilots that were supposed to participate.  Neo-Germany sent the young von Karma, for one, only for America to counter with the world-renowned Miles Edgeworth.  Dozens of other countries, though, entrust their fate to the Gundam pilots that have served them in the past- chief among them Neo-Japan and its champion, Domon Kasshu.
The bureaucrats don't care.  They're too busy spending the billions that pay-per-view trial coverage will bring them.
The trials are about to begin.  The fate of the world- and hundreds of potential criminals- hangs in the balance.
"ERUPTING... BURNING... OBJECTION!!!"

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:"ERUPTING... BURNING... OBJECTION!!!"
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to interrupt you! Objecting Finger!"
-- Bob
---------
Jorlem Wrote:And later on Hayate closed time loops it to her younger self?
Not a closed time loop - more an S-curve in its temporal track. The Book of Darkness ends up being a decade older than it "should" be.
--
Rob Kelk

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13