Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Disappearing Fic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay... This... is full of win! *Finishes channeling Horatio Caine*

Really. I'm going to all but put a lampshade out on Kasumi's antics in DSKS whenever the NWC is around.

Quote: Zeke: "Hey, Ranma. Just between you and me, I'd keep an eye out for Kasumi."

Ranma: "Really? Why's that?"

Zeke: "You ever heard the phrase that goes something like 'Always watch out for the quiet ones'? That would be Kasumi. Hell, I bet that girl
takes sadistic pleasure in watching the antics that poor Dr. Tofu goes through whenever she's around him."
Really, I don't think it's so far out that it breaks things. I noticed a lot of the stuff Kasumi does as well - it just gets lost in the
radar scope with her projected image. Think of it as a form of... I dunno, gonna pull this one outta my ass here: social perception jamming.

Oh, and that tidbit about everyone with their ears to the door? Heh...

Quote: I was wondering where the hell everyone had gone to when I rounded the corner and found everyone piled against the door of the room into which Ranma and
Akane had gone into. Kasumi was most conspicuous at the top of the ersatz dogpile. Well now, that ain't exactly neighborly, I thought, raising an
eyebrow. I took a folded piece of paper from my pocket - a sheet of notes for a future project - and began to refold it into the the form of the
much-venerated paper-snapper. With an evil grin, I grasped the noise-maker by the corner and flung it downwards, letting it unfurl loudly.

The entire dogpile yelped and collapsed in on itself, making an impressive noise all it's own. Ranma and Akane poked their heads out inquisitively.

"Don't mind me," I said casually as I refolded and stuffed the paper back into my pocket. "Just taking care of the eaves droppers."
And then, Zeke, being the merry little Chaos Walker he can be at times, runs while cackling. (Hey, you don't put up with as much BS as he
does without dealing out a little bit of well-deserved revenge now and then.) Ranma then comments later on that it's interesting being on the
outside-looking-in on one of those NWC chase scenes instead of being the one who's pursued.

Okay, I'm done hijacking the thread now... (^_^;Wink

Edit: Oh, and why would Zeke happen to be there? Simple: does a good turn for the household at the first meeting between the two groups and Kasumi invites
him over for dinner. And Kasumi learns that you never invite a devout follower of Raven into your home if you're already causing mischief. Moth to a
flame, girl, moth to a flame. (^_^)
Folks also seem to forget that Kasumi takes an almost devilish delight in stressing Ranma's ailurophobia in the initial Nekoken story -- she's the one who piles the dozen or so stray cats on him.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Oh yeah. The moment my suspension of disbelief snapped and I stopped buying the manga.
Pages: 1 2