Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: (ficlets) Never Done/FXCL/etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I waited on the bridge, unseen, I had to intentionally suppress my aura, that feeling that someone was here to help and everything would be ok. Things were
decidedly not going to be ok, that was why I was there, and my mission was merely damage control - saving these already sorely tested souls from having to
shoulder unneccesary guilt.

The moment arrived; as Henry Gloval's eyes widened at the report of enemy ships descending to attack, I whispered two words in his ear. "Collateral
damage."

(more)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Shaking off the shock in less than a breath, he crisply commanded, "Up, take the ship to meet them at altitude. Likely the people of Ontario will still be
upset we brought trouble to their door, but at least we won't destroy their homes ourselves with missed shots or stray missiles."

If only he knew. But then, that was my job here, a job that was complete.

On to the next, an angel's work is never done after all. Let's see... The Enterprize? Again!? That's the third time this month!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Oh... Oh my oh my oh my... Megami-sama multi-cross?
Eh, NPR story about the so-called '3rd man phenomenon' while reading about the Bursting Point events in a Macekist fic where Miria fixated on Roy
instead of Max, ffn # 3798931. Good technical quality but I'm not far enough into it to judge otherwise.

eta- Although... K1 was a pretty good pilot that time they refurbished the plane, wasn't he? An AMS fusion might not be so farfetched-Skuld at least would
be guaranteed to have dragged everyone to the Launch Day airshow.
--
Turns out I can't really reccomend that fic even if it is competantly written - 52 chapters and the only changes in sight are that Roy survived SW1 and a
few Heil Maceks - Overt mention of the Robotech Masters, T.R. Edwards escaping the Grand Cannon explosion, and so on. Feels kind of pointless, to tell the
truth, unless it was meant as a very long prologue to an equally Macekist SDCSC or Genesis Climber MOSPEADA fic, which even in their original forms I
wouldn't care enough adout to read.
--
Clutching the bento (packed with the feelings of a young girl's heart, shannaro!) nervously, Sakura was just about to offer it to Sasuke when the
interruption came with a roar.

"So, you're that 'Sakura-chan' Naruto-bozu likes."

The woman had spiky pink hair, a scarf and leather cap, and was sitting astride some kind of sputtering contraption with clouds of dust still settling around
its small, odd looking wheels. She pushed a pair of goggles up onto her forehead to reveal golden eyes with slit pupils as
--
she stood and leaned in FAR TOO CLOSE to peer at the girl's face and sniffed dubiously.

Flabbergasted and fighting the sudden irrational urge to check her armpits, it was all she could do to stutter out, "Y-yes, I'm Haruno Sakura. Um...
pleased ... to meet you?"

"Not much spirit," the apparition commented, before snatching the box lunch from shock-loosened fingers. "Let's see your cooking."

Outrage shoved suprise out of the way for long enough to shout, "Hey you, that bento is for Sauke-kun! Give it
--
back, you thief!"

"Better, better," the stranger mumbled, whisking the cloth wrapping off with a flick despite the carefully tied knot. In a blur the contrnts
disappeared, rice, veggies, fish, heart-shaped sauce doodle, and all. "Cooking, bland," she declared tossing the empty box over a shoulder,
carelessly beaning the Uchiha scion smirking at his fangirl's misfortune. He fell on his ass with a thump and clutched his forehead.

The woman belched and wiped a few stray grains of rice on her cuff before
--
crossing her arms and sneering contemplatively.

Blank eyed with shock again, Sakura barely reacted as the older girl stepped behind her and felt her shoulders. "Not much muscle," was the verdict.
Questing hands slid foreward then down to her hips, and a massive blush rose on the student kunoichi's face. "Flat and scrawny," the slightly
nasal voice reported. Then the wierd stranger was back in front of her, still looking at Sakura like something scraped off the sole of her shoe. "Are you
at least a good
--
kisser?" she wondered, turning to Sasuke to ask, "You're the one she's been chasing up to now, how is this girl at mouth-to-mouth?"

Still clutching at the rapidly swelling mark on his forehead, the boy snarled, "Feh, kiss her yourself and find out, you violent pervert woman. Ow,
dammit, it feels like that box left a splinter."

Brushing his hands away she took the projecting nub between finger and thumb and tugged sharply. "Aw, it's just a toothpick," she told him,
before using it to flick a bit of
--
greenery out from between her teeth. Somehow Sasuke felt like curling into a ball and crying in shame.

Sakura was still rooted to the ground, failing to process the situation as the woman turned to her once more and huffed.

She discarded the toothpick and wiped her lips again, musing, "Well, like they say, if you want something done right..."

Moving with that same strange, unavoidable speed and almost boneless grace, she stepped in, tipped the younger girl's head back, and laid on a good thirty
seconds
--
of liplock. Coming up for air, the stranger sighed and let out a disappointed mewl.

Watching from across the schoolyard, Kiba and several other boys were knocked over backward by the force of sudden nosebleeds.

Patting the now slightly teary-eyed girl on the head, she told her, "Don't worry too much, that takes practice." The scowl on the woman's
face softened as she brushed Sakura's long pink bangs back and ran one callused fingertip across her forehead. "I do like your hair, though, and
there's
--
obviously some good potential for the N.O. hijutsu..."

Suddenly sporting a manic grin, the older pink haired girl reared back and proclaimed, "OK! Under the name of Uzumaki, I, Uzumaki Haruko, pronounce you
Bridal Candidate #1! Arranged marriage interview, APPROVED!"

"Eh! Eh? EH!?" Sakura sputtered.

Ino stopped smacking Shikamaru for being a pervert, and fell over herself laughing.

Hinata collapsed in a dead feint, just out of sight around a corner.

Uzumaki Haruko nodded descisively and hopped back
--
on her scooter and putted off.

Iruka walked out of the Academy building and asked, "What's going on here, lunch was over five minutes ago. Come on everyone, back to class!"

Sakura was still frozen where she stood. "Muh... My... first kiss..." she stammered.

--------------------

cor, that ended up much longer than expected. Someone with mod access wanna combine those and delete the extras?
--
(O_oWink That... Is awesome. And worthy of expansion into a full-fledged train wreck. (^_^)
blackaeronaut Wrote:worthy of expansion into a full-fledged train wreck

yeah... but it's all I've got, even though I can't stop rereading it all that occurs are a few ways Raharu could be or be faking being related and acting head of clan. She could even replace Kushina, and been gone hunting Atomsk until a day or so before this.

If anyone knows a good place to post Naruto challenges feel free to cut and paste or just link them to this - maybe tff? their registration page doesn't like PSPs.
--
If anyone wants to give it a go, there's a slightly edited version on the Anime Addventure now, ep 224280.
--
I added another couple of scenes on the Addventure just now, about twice as long. Maybe half as good, but it does include some degree of backstory and a
'manga style' sequnce (though I edited 'panel descriptions' back out for lo, they didst sucketh)

I forgot to mention, the addventure thread title is Foxy Cooly if you prefer searching that way.
--