Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ping blackaeronaut - Triangle Heart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe you were looking for info about Triangle Heart for later chapters of DSKSWDYHMS... http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/221.html]Got a p2p client handy?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Now that I've been able to watch the first half Triangle Heart - Sweet Songs Forever, I've discovered that the various Nanoha anime are set in an alternate universe where her father settles down and runs the cafe, instead of dying while protecting the father of one of Miyuki and Kyoya's childhood friends. But we can still use Triangle Heart for background, ne?

Since we're concentrating on Takamachi Miyuki for DSKSWDYHMS, I paid the most attention to her:
  • When the glasses come off, she's scary - she can dodge full-auto fire, and while Miyuki prefers to use the family's two-sword style (mikami-ryuu), she's almost as effective with just one sword. Or with straight-blade shuriken. Or with a lead pipe. (Funny, she doesn't look like a combat monster...)
  • Miyuki has some sort of sixth sense - she can spot people waiting behind closed doors.
  • She isn't Nanoha and Kyoya's sister; she's their cousin. Miyuki's mother (a special-unit police captain in Hong Kong) and the others' father are siblings. (And Momoko is Nanoha's mother, but not Kyoya's mother.)
  • She speaks fluent Cantonese (as should be expected from where her mother works).
  • Miyuki doesn't like flying. She'll get on a plane, but her poise disappears...
  • Her yellow hair ribbon and braided ponytail is her "trademark" look.
  • She prefers to wear white long-skirted dresses (and looks good in them).

Almost everyone who works at Midoriya has some sort of combat training, the sole exception being Nanoha-chan. And when Nanoha-chan gets angry, she becomes passive-agressive.

(Oh, yes - a design re-use note: Miyuki and Kyoya have a friend in England, named Ellis McGaren... who looks remarkably similiar to StrikerS-era Fate.)

Edit: Have two screencaps.

Teatime is time to relax.
[Image: takamachi_miyuki_triangle_heart_teatime.jpg]

Dark? Two opponents? Yes, she is that good.
[Image: takamachi_miyuki_triangle_heart_two_swords.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Thanks Rob! I already snagged it off a public viewing site, but the ones you linked are probably of much better quality.

I'd done some homework on Miyuki from Triangle Heart already and I was quick to twig to the differences... though they are not all that
insurmountable. (Yes, Miyuki-chan is a bad-ass indeed. Definitely enough to give a certain pair of Chinese sisters a good run for their money.) Someone else
has done a beautiful job of combining the two worlds in a Naruto cross-over fic called Overkill. A shame that it's hardly ever updated, but the
groundwork has been laid and I'll be takingnotes and cues from that fic as well as Nanoha and Triangle Heart.
Isn't by Aleh, who also posts here? You might be able to get him to collaborate directly, though I don't know if he's currently active.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote: robkelk wrote:

• She isn't Nanoha and Kyoya's sister; she's their cousin. Miyuki's mother (a special-unit police captain in Hong Kong) and the
    others' father are siblings. (And Momoko is Nanoha's mother, but not Kyoya's mother.)
IIRC, Kyouya's mother left her husband Shiro and Kyouya when Kyouya was very young. Some time after that, a reunion between the
Fuwa(Shiro's and Kyouya's family) and the Mikami(Miyuki's family, and the family her mother Misato married into) families ended in tragedy, with
most of them being killed by one of their enemies. Misato leaves her daughter into Shiro's care and goes on to hunt for those responsible, disappearing
without trace(she reappears in the Triangle Heart 3 game as an opponent; she's infiltrated as an assassin, and her most recent job, the one which will
finally get her high enough to find out who's responsible for the massacre of the Fuwa and Mikami families, is to kill Fiasse). Later still, during a
bodyguard job, Shiro meets Takamachi Momoko, who's a chef at a hotel. He marries her, taking her family name in order to call less attention to him and his
children. Shiro dies in the assassination of Fiasse's father(the assassin had put a bomb on a child, and both Shiro and Fiasse's father save the child
at the expense of their lives).

BTW, the scene that shows Miyuki's mother as a police captain also shows a Triangle Heart 1 character - her assistant Tou Yun-Fa, who in the first game is
secretly an assassin. There's all sort of links between the three Triangle Heart games; they are all set in Uminari City, and characters of previous games
reappear in minor or not-so-minor roles. They tried to show this on Triangle Heart - Sweet Songs Forever, which is a continuation of the Triangle
Heart 3 game. Magic Girl Lyrical Nanoha first appears on an expansion of the Triangle Heart 3 game(Lyrical Omochabakko
- Lyrical Toy's Box), set one year after the events of Triangle Heart 3. In Lyrical Toy's Box, however, Chrono
is the opponent, Lindy is his cute mascot(Reinforce II-sized), and Nanoha's mascot is Kuon - a mascot of one of Triangle Heart 3's main characters.

al103

Both http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5304369/1/Blood_Spirit and http://www.fanfiction.net...335063/1/Day_in_the_Life are much better then "Overkill" both
as fic and as torahization on Nanohaverse. IMHO certainly...
Got any more recs?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.