Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: HOLY CRAP!!!! HEARTS OF ICE IS DONE!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't even looking for it. I had long ago given up on Hearts of Ice, figuring that it would remain the ultimate example of a dead and abandoned fic.
I'd taken Krista Perry's site out of my personal bookmarks and stopped checking on it about... mmm 7-8 years ago.

I was perusing TV Tropes and was following up something that lead me to the Dead Fics page - where there was an update that Hearts of Ice was done. Completed.

*THUD*

That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. I'm thinking - this has got to be a cruel joke. No way. They're yanking my chain.

Googled up the old site, and wow, it's still there! First thing I see is Krista's announcement that it was done.

I've now finished reading it.

Holy Crap.

HOLY CRAP.

I... just FINISHED... READING... HEARTS OF ICE.

I thought those words would NEVER be written out into a sentence!

Now I have to find the time and go back and read the whole thing again. Cause my memory of the story is pretty sketchy after all this time.

I will say this - the finale of the story -- I'm not sure it was worth waiting a DECADE for...

But it's DAMN good!! Fantastic even!

Still wandering about kinda stunned. It's kinda like... certain things you think are always going to be a constant. The Cold War... the Berlin Wall... the
Red Sox never winning the World Series... Hearts of Ice never getting finished...

Anybody check the thermostat in hell these days? I think Satan is feeling a mite drafty about now...

The Wanderer

...it actually got finished up some months ago; my local copy of the epilogue is dated mid-June. I don't know why it never occurred to me to mention the
fact here...

(And I remember hearing, not long afterwards, that Eric Hallstrom had cropped up somewhere and mentioned that he was resuming work on Ranma and Akane: A Love
Story - though I've yet to see any sign of that actually being true, or of him being around more recently than 2002.)
So, I suppose I should start reading the story, then... (I'd held off because of its apparently-perpetual incomplete status.) What's the URL?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Here's the address for her site.

http://www.akane.org/heartsofice/

Oh and she got married sometime in the last decade, so it's Krista Fisk now instead of Krista Perry. I'll probably never be able to associate her new
name properly with the story though. To me, her "author" name will always be Krista Perry.
Here's Eric Hallstrom's return thread.

It's been a couple months since he last posted to it, though.

--Sam

"How the hell did I do that?"
Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:Here's Eric Hallstrom's return thread.
It's been a couple months since he last posted to it, though.
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Apparently, I "do not have permission to view this board"...
--
Rob Kelk

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Here's the address for her site.
http://www.akane.org/heartsofice/
Oh and she got married sometime in the last decade, so it's Krista Fisk now instead of Krista Perry. I'll probably never be able to associate her new name properly with the story though. To me, her "author" name will always be Krista Perry.
Thanks!
--
Rob Kelk

The news was announced here on this board on June 20th: http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/top ... ml?page=14
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
I'm tragically late to this party. So yeah. But you have to admit that my reaction had more going for it in terms of comedic value than the dry statement
of the fact in the other thread. ^_^
@_@

up to part 18... stayed up 4 hours past bedtime.

today I am a zombie.

DAMN YOU LOGAN, DAMN YOU KRISTA PERRY
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies