Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Mark Latus "Hurricane Season"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jeanne Hedge

Back in the mid-90s, Mark Latus started a trilogy of BGC fics. Like most trilogies, the first story set things up, the second story is where things fall
apart and come crashing down, and the third story is the conclusion.

The first story, Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo Babylon, made its appearance in the summer of 1995. The second story, Bubblegum Crash: Knights
End
, was literally a Christmas present, although a rather dark one, that same year. In the Fall of 1996, Bubblegum Chaos: Libel turned up. This
side-story was re-worked from the original prologue of the third story.

Which brings me to that third story. Bubblegum Chaos: Hurricane Season. The Prologue and Part 1 (Storm Warnings) appeared in 1997 or 1998, and
since then nothing. On that front, anyway.

So solve a mystery for me. Was this thing ever finished, and since disappeared along with some long-dead website? I find it hard to believe that Sailor
Moon Expanded Universe was *that* time consuming...

For the curious, the BGC fics are currently residing at http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Temple/1810/#fanfiction

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
As one of the other SME authors, I can tell you it was.

To the best of my knowledge, Mark never did finish Hurricane Season, although some of us begged him to. Sad

--Sam

"His therapist advocates the primal scream."

Jeanne Hedge

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

As one of the other SME authors, I can tell you it was.

To the best of my knowledge, Mark never did finish Hurricane Season, although some of us begged him to. Sad

That's too bad about Hurricane Season. Obviously I'm another who would have liked to have seen it finished, if only to see how he was
going to dig them out of the hole they were in (if at all)

Excellent job on SME, btw.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia