Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be: Probability Revoked on Account of Reign.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quote: Herr Bad Moon wrote:

Zelazny you say? Sailor Moon you say? Coincidental numbering of planets you say?

Nine Sailor Princesses in Amber
You may want to speak to John Biles.

Just sayin'...

--------------

Epsilon
Drawn from the discussion for Nobody Dies - If Misato is both Batman and Susan Ivanova that leads me to the simple conclusion. Ivanova is Batman.
I'll leave assigning the rest of the Justice League roles as an exercise for anyone interested.
Quote:Ivanova is Batman.

....ok.

Quote:I'll leave assigning the rest of the Justice League roles as an exercise for anyone interested.

SHERIDAN kneels on the floor, staring up at the vorlon looming over him.

VORLON: You are not capable of understanding that which will happen to you.

VORLON fades back into a shadowed niche, disappearing into the darkness, until it bumps into a shadowy-er figure.

BAT IVANOVA: Frankly, neither are you.

Mayhem ensues.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Well, the Vorlons are the Oans, maybe...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Opening line for a crossover-fusion my fiancee is seriously considering:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that in order to date Akane Tendo, one must first defeat her in battle.

--Sam

"Clowns were never meant to be so... big!"
Is that Pride and Prejudice and Jusenkyo or Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Jusenkyo?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Pride and Prejudice and Tatewaki Kuno -- but I repeat myself.
-- Bob
---------
No zombies, and actually less Jusenkyo than usual -- Genma needs to be able to take Ranma back to Nodoka's house (Pemberley) right away. (She has a huge
list of person and place parallels that I can't keep track of...)

--Sam

"We have found nowhere! This is an important scientific discovery!"
In a popular online game about vampires, a number of players mysteriously go into comas. The only people who can figure out why are an average girl and the
boy she met online, in...

.hack// Legend of the Twilight

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Jonas

Konoha Metal City

After a lackluster series of gigs, Team seven gets the opportunity of a lifetime; to open for The Demon of Mist. After helping Zabuza stomp
the corrupt manager Gatou, they get

invited to the Chuunin Metal Festival, to compete for a seven-figure contract. But to keep Sasuke from joining orochimarus boy-band, Naruto will have to let
out his metal demon.

So, what instruments do they, and the other teams/bands, play?

Necratoid

Seriously? How can you do such a thing without Hinata ending up Kaiser? Though you could probably get Shino to fit that roll... Though if its Hinata you can
have Naruto beat up Neji in an epic manner in the combat prelims and then have him end up the Pig of Feudalism or something?
Dr. Wholittle -- the adventures through time and space of an alien who can speak to animals.
-- Bob
---------
The following aren't mine, but in fact come from one of the standard UNIX fortune files that I folded into my quotes file years ago.

MONOPOLI: Peter Weir's classic film examining the false heroism of parlour games. The powerful ending of the film sees one young man after another charge toward GO, only to senselessly lose his life on the Boardwalk property.

MIRACLE ON 42ND STREET: Santa Claus, in the off season, follows his heart's desire and tries to make it big on Broadway. Santa sings and dances his way into your heart.

THE PHILADEPHIA EXPERIMENT STORY: To keep his ex-wife (Katherine Hepburn) from marrying an up-and-coming politician (Ronald Reagan) in 1943, a scientist (Cary Grant) sends her into the future to see what the consequences of the marriage would be. AAN to James Stewart as the PEOPLE reporter who follows her around in 1982.

HIGHLANDER NOON: Just when an immortal sheriff is planning to settle down with the local Quaker wench, three guys with swords show up on the noon stage, intending to cut his head off. Slow story, but made famous by the hit song, "Do Not Behead Me Oh My Darling."

GODZILLA IS MY CO-PILOT: Flag-waver about Navy test pilot who is convinced that a giant radioactive lizard will bail him out if he has plane troubles. Pretty maudlin, and the finale where Godzilla gets help for the flyboy after a crash is a direct ripoff from almost any LASSIE episode.

LICENSE TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: James Bond tires of international intrigue and cosmopolitan living, turns in his double-O license and moves to a small town in the deep South, living as a hermit known as Arthur "Boo" Radley. But when a group of sadistic bigots threaten the daughter of a local attorney, Bond straps on his Walther PPK and wipes out the entire Alabama Klan. Very satisfying film for liberals. Special mentions: Ken Adams' set design for the huge launch pad (hidden beneath a cyprus swamp) used to launch a burning cross into orbit; and Olivia D'Abo as "Scout" Finch.

A FRIGHT NIGHT AT THE OPERA: A vampire (Sig Rumann) moves next door to the New York Metropolitan Opera company, and attempts to seduce its financial benefactor (Margaret Dumont), but is thwarted by an ex-game show host (Groucho Marx), his Italian manager, and a mute vampire hunter. Famous for Groucho's "My, what big teeth you have, Grandma!" line, and the classic scene with 20 people cooped up in a coffin.

NATIONAL BLUE VELVET: The story of a girl training her horse for the Grand Nationals in an odd American town. Academy Award nomination to Dennis Hopper as her rather moody trainer.

And now some RPG variations, gotten off the GURPS newsgroup years ago:

GURPS Ancient Rome/Bestiary: Take animal form to seduce women.

GURPS Wraith: the Oblivion/In Nomine: Hell freezes over.

GURPS Delta Gretna Green: A crossover adventure for Jane Austen and Black Ops. Wickham has eloped with Lydia, and Mr. Darcy must find them before Lydia is sacrificed to Shub-Niggurath.

GURPS: Ice Age/Cyberpunk -- "Thag's modular hand implant come with digging stick, axe and fire stone! Give you cranial implant for free, buster!" Though the netrunning rules would be pretty short. ("Og net-run good. Og pick up net, put left foot for-ward, put right foot for-ward, put left foot for-ward, put right foot for-ward...")

GURPS Ice Age/Reign Of Steel: The PCs fight against the tyranny of the evil stone axes....
-- Bob
---------
MIRACLE ON 23RD STREET: Santa Claus, in the off season, fights agents of the Illuminati, and struggles to find The Truth. (Director's Cut disc includes digital tour of the Warehouse!)
God-Emperor of TOON
-- Bob
---------
Wouldn't that be Bugs' role in Duck Amuck?

Similarly, cross Herbert with a FPS and get God-Emperor of DOOM...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: robkelk wrote:

God-Emperor of DOOM...
God-Emperor of doomy doomy doom!

(months of repeating the word 'doom' cut for brevity)

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:God-Emperor of DOOM...

Gir-Emporer of DOOM.

Starring ZIM as BARON HARKONNEN
GIR reprising his role as FEYD-RAUTHA

and introducing DIB as PAUL ATREIDES!
And if you want to tie my reference, Rob's original idea, and your East Asian Dwarf Plotbunny-What-Should-Not-Be together, all the Saudarkar* are played by
the Space Marine.

*(which I spelled correctly, from memory, on my first try!)

All of them.

I've been writing a bit.
http://xkcd.com/692/]XKCD has a CTSNB today.
--
Rob Kelk

(laughs) Ten points to XKCD!
-- Bob
---------
*SNORT, SNICKER*
Random crazy: There are plenty of fics where (Crossover Character X) becomes the Doctor's companion for a while.

I have a cracktastically insane one.

7Doc (Sylvester McCoy) romping around the universe playing Xanatos Speedchess, accompanied by Lelouche Lamperrouge and/or one or both of the Vorkosigan
clone-twins...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(This is from a "BAD TV shows that would make good RPG settings" thread over on the SJGames Forums.)

The heroes are a group of fighter pilot/astronauts from Earth, sent on a deep-space mission gone awry. They're awakened from cryogenic suspension in the 25th Century aboard the Galactica, where they're pressed into service as scout starfighter pilots trying to retrace their steps back home. When they do in fact locate Earth, they discover it's being menaced by Ming the Merciless, and they have only 48 hours to save the Earth.

Battlestar BuckGordonca
--
Rob Kelk

*Evil Science Laughter* Oh no... That isn't a CTSNB... It is one that SHOULD BE!
*Alter ego shudders in the corner* Th-the awesome... the epic awesome... IT'S TOO MUCH! (O_o)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15