Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for a vanished Ranma/OMG fanfic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Copied from usenet:
Quote:I am a fan of the "Ranma becomes a kami" genre of fanfiction.

One story that I have read three times (one of my favorites) has vanished, I don't have a hardcopy, and I can't remember the title or author.

Synopsis: Ranma is Urd's son, hence a demigod, and gets promoted to full kami. Kasumi is granted a wish by Kwan-Yin and so Nabiki becomes a goddess of partnerships. In his training, Ranma splits into three mini-selves and spars with the ninjettes in the temple. The goddesses are threatened by the "black gods". The final chapter, Chapt 6, had not been written when I last looked.

A google search for "ranma +urd +nabiki +kodama" which should have found it, returned 190 false alarm results.

Can anyone point me to an archive of this story, or even its name? I'd really like to reread it again.
Anybody know what he's looking for, and where to find it?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The fic is called Deification By Brian Drozd. Unfortunately, the only place I can find it is in the Internet Archive. Even worse, the copy only has the first three chapters, the incomplete fourth on my hard drive came from the teasers section and is apparently unachived. If it got up to five anywhere, I'd be interested to know.
This might help.

http://review.trihead.de/fanfic/?sitena ... y_names=FL

Okay not much help.

I have all 3 chapters, the incomplete 4th and the sidestory by Thrythlind on my fanfic DVD.

The first 3 chapters are in html and the unfinished 4th is stored as text and was up to 110 Kbytes in 2004.

howard melton

God bless
Thanks! I've passed the Wayback Machine link back to the original requester.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The Wanderer

I have the three-point-something chapters (though my version of chapter 4 is just 65K), plus something about 20K whose filename marks it as "Sidestory
1". If any of that would be helpful, just let me know where to send it.
Rob, was doing some digging in my old links (prompted by this) and found some old style anifics.com links. Tried it with Brian Drozd's page and came up with this archive link, whis DOES have the uncomplete chapter four.