Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Potter Fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read this a couple years back, best as I can recall, enjoyed it and wanted to rec it over on TVTropes, but I can't bring title or author to mind now:  a short Weasley-oriented pre-Philosopher's Stone story focused on one of the twins, who seems not to be a twin at all, though still a prankster.  The story ends with him essentially creating the other twin as a prank on his family.
Sound familiar?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The Wanderer

Yes, I've read that. Unfortunately, I don't remember the title offhand either, and it was enough of a "horror" piece that I don't think I kept it in my "stories I'm reading"/"stories I've read" links-and-status list.
Okay, I'm going to bump this thread, because I'm still unable to identify or locate this fic. Does it sound familiar to anyone?
-- Bob
---------
I remember it being recced through one of our numerous rec threads HERE. So an archive dive might do you well.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I remember a garden gnome of some sorts that's used somehow in that story.

CattyNebulart

I remember reading it. It did come form one of the recs on this forum. Some tries with the forum search gives no results though. Stupid useless Yuku search.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Did you try Google with "site:drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com" (sans quotes) as one of the search terms?
Doesn't really find anything. I tried. (With "fred", "george", "twin" and "potter" in various combinations.)
-- Bob
---------
This was bugging me. I had not to long ago manually searched the archives looking for another HP story. As was mentioned above, I KNEW it was in an archive, I was reasonably sure it was a one off so would have been listed on one of the new fic posts. It was just a matter of checking the descriptions of all HP fics until I reached this:

Changeling by lydiabennet (entry 205 in 284 is enough - NEW new fic Recommendation thread)

http://lydiabennet.livejournal.com/1786.html

I'm trying not to post a novel length message (too late?) so I'll sign off now and head back into lurker-space.
Yes indeed, that's it! Thanks!

And nah, that message wasn't overly long. You have nothing to worry about.
-- Bob
---------