Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A sick SICK plotbunny...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay. Was reading Eva fanfic earlier today (which as we all know, CAN'T be good for the soul...) when a description from the self-insert author about what the Eva's REALLY are... and what Rei really is. Stuff I'd known about already but hadn't thought of in awhile, and the ideas... 

...bounced off a little memory fragment from another, possibly equally sick american show...

And I'm finding myself going... "No... nonononononono no... NO! AGH! BAD BRAIN! STOP that!"

And... I think I'll just leave this here for someone else to pick up. Share the pain, as it were... 

Dr. Fuyutsuki: [after examining the test type EVA-00 for the first time What the hell is this thing made out of, Gendo? 
Gendo Ikari: [suspiciously Erm.. Nothing. Just applied macro genetics based in part on what we found in Antartica. 
Fuyutsuki: Come on... 
Gendo: All right, fine, I might have used a few unorthodox parts. 
Fuyutsuki: Just tell me one. 
Gendo: [mumbling An... orphan. 
Fuyutsuki: A what
Gendo: [clearing his throat An orphan? 
Fuyutsuki: Did you say... an ORPHAN? 
Gendo: [weakly Yeah, a little orphan boy. 
Fuyutsuki: It's powered by a forsaken child!? 
Gendo: [defensive Might be, kind of - I mean I didn't use the whole thing! 

EVANGELION: "CAREERS IN SCIENCE"

........... You piped Dr. Venture through Gendo Ikari? Dude, you are awesome. (^_^)
And I swear I've seen this posted at Spacebattles.....
Well I mean think about it!

Gendo Ikari - has a son who he doesn't like.
Dr. Venture - has two sons he doesn't like. 

Gendo Ikari - Has assigned a guardian for his son that winds up caring for him more than he ever did.
Dr. Venture - Ditto

Gendo Ikari - Is not above using his own son callously for his own (ENORMOUSLY) selfish ends
Dr. Venture - Used his own kids as organ donors (kidneys)

Gendo Ikari - Has made Rei effectively immortal by having back-up clones of her made in a process that emotionally and socially stunts her. 
Dr. Venture - Has two "death prone" sons that he's made effectively immortal by having endless "Clone Slugs" made of them. 

Others - 

Dean Venture and Shinji Ikari could pass the time comparing "my father is an asshole" stories. (As well as both of them being sexually confused.)

Misato Katsuragi is a badass. 
Brock Sampson is the DEFINITION of bad ass. (But Misato commands an entire military force, so that might even it up some.)

Gendo Ikari is rivals with - and is viewed in contempt by - every scientist he knows. 
Dr. Venture - Ditto

I mean - I haven't checked - but SURELY someone has applied Venture Bros universe logic to Evangelion before now? ^_^
This sounds like the basis for a crossover fic. Wink