Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 and other 2814 stories...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

SCM Writer of 2814

A thread for this so I don't derail other threads.
Anyway, I need school support staff and heroic student resistance during the
Wolkenritter attack. One chap filler characters, mainly. All I really
need are names. Next chap will be Mahora-centric. Current things on my checklist include at least:
  • Signum VS Setsuna
  • Kotaro or Chamo VS Zafira
  • Asuna VS Vita.
  • Negi VS Anyone
Any suggestions for other match ups? Keep in mind there will be dozens of gynoid mooks and youma mooks...
Random Teasers Thread! My teaser repository in ffnet.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
*hms*

Well, filler-wise, my nom du 'net is specifically a reference to the Martian Valles Marineris (by way of the lunar Tycho Crater, Tycho the Evil AI from Bungie's Marathon, and a long-ago RP attempt), so any 'straight' adaptation is probably from a certain spectacularly cleaved region of Magicus Mundus anyway, and was probably instinctively wondering where the random monster attacks were. Given that, IRL, I'm from the Last Civilized Town before one hits the real back hills of eastern West Virginia, hay could probably be made with the area's traditional specialization in Sagitta magics and lines like, "Gah, I can't believe I'm admitting this..." I'm in my twenties now, which I guess would mean that I could work equally well as either a new teacher or, de-aged a bit, as a senior-level student. Male, 5' 11", grey eyes, glasses, ~200 lbs, floor-length brown hair worn in a braid that comes to about knee-length. (Yes, really.)

The character I've used the name 'Valles' for in the past is a City of Heroes toon, who, in backstory terms, is explicitly a (gender-flipped) version of me native to that setting; her superpowers a due to being symbiotically bonded to a Kheldian energy-being - blasting, smashing, flight, durability, and healing, all tied together with an 'energy manipulation' theme; the standard Kheldian set also includes shapeshifting, but, because her sparklier half is the equivalent of an infant and has never bonded with a host before, she's limited to a degree of unconscious influence over her appearance that ended up - to her frequent embarrassment - ah, endowing her with the most common superpower when she lost about a hundred pounds post-bonding; she'd had more of an eating problem than I do, despite being several inches shorter. She also dyes her hair black.

Alternately, the SI-bunny self (seriously, my brain is infested with the rotten things) I've got plotted out is explicitly a slider who ended up physically adapted to slight differences in the rate of the passage of time (ie, 14) and human biology (clearly, if Setsuna is the result of a semi-fertile mating between a crow (bird) demon and a human, humans in the Negimaverse must use WZ chromosome selection like birds do rather than the XY of our world). Fortunately, she's adapted well enough to pick up a head-over-heels crush (on Chao, in her 'native' story) and a Ministra contract (Artifact: Spear). She still retains the power to voluntarily step into and out of the world she's in, and to bring objects with her, manifesting as phasing, teleportation, and dimensional-pocket abilities whose power and accuracy are massively amplified by her artifact. Would-be combat pragmatist, foiled somewhat by, well, fannishness and a sense of cool.

Despite a desperate wish to be gentlemanly about such things, both the student and the teacher editions would be noticeably weak vs, well, the Most Common Superpower; the superheroic version is immune for highly obvious reasons.

Additionally, a long-time (what, a year, year and a half, two years, now?) forum-RP character of mine is an A-rank TSAB Enforcer, if you need a miniboss squad to add to Chrono's side of things.

You'll need to go for Kotaro vs. Zafira; there's too much fun to be had with Chamo discovering the existence of dozens of highly sophisticated and... lifelike... duplicates of Signum and Shamal. Who might, or might not, depending on whether Chao decided to program them to do so, bother to root any overly-daring mustelids out of their garments.

Also. Negi vs. Everyone - when the feminine MechaRitter catch sight of him, they flock like locusts, a seething horde of synthetic fangirls.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Copying this from another thread, as it makes more sense here.
Quote:A while back, I had an RP character named Emmet. His powers were almost
entierly divination based, mainly in seeing the truth behind illusions,
as Emmet is the Hebrew word for truth. In the RP, he was a robot
(Based off a Bass chassis from Megaman. Long story), but it would make
more sense for him to be human here. I think he also had an attack that
could disrupt illusions and deal a small amount of damage. He also had
lie detector abilities, which could detect lies or partial truths, but
that would either be inactive or useless, for the same reason
Fake-Moody gave for his dark detectors being turned off at Hogwarts.

Anyway, if you'd like to use a version of Emmet, go ahead.
If you want more detail, let me know.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Quote:Any suggestions for other match ups? Keep in mind there will be dozens of gynoid mooks and youma mooks...

One of the Signum-bots vs. Chachamaru, perhaps? (And Chao and Evangeline giving Chachamaru conflicting orders on how to handle the fight...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
*Sighs* I got a lotta catch-up to do. Evils of serving your country, I guess.
My apologies for the belated welcome, SCM. Your reputation, good sir (or ma'am, whatever the case may be), precedes you. (^_^)
Anyhow, I'll try and get through all your stuff so I can give you my review. (^_^Wink From what I've seen of NTo2814, it's hilarious. Love how you gave Nanoha her own little 'Noodle Incident' at the GL Academy.
(And if you don't mind, I'd love it if you could take a look at one of my own projects I have perking on the boards. This page should have all the relevant threads. Thank God for tag-searches!)

SCM Writer of 2814

I'm a sir, for the record. A disturbing amount of people assume otherwise, though.
Valles, do you mind if I use your name for someone of on the Mahora Support Staff? I needed a character that walks in and gives update information and yours was the first name I saw. Eimi Scott and Emmet Jorlem have already been assigned roles as well. Thanks for the permission. Writing it as I post.
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
For Emmet's surname, could you use Mehalev instead? It sounds better than Jorlem as a last name. Also, I usually use variants on the word Lev for false surnames.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

SCM Writer of 2814

Gotcha. How do you feel about being mission control for a SEES expy?
Check out said crack:
SEES? Google says that means 'Slavic and East European Section.' Is that the right acronym? If so, then yes. That would be fine.
-----

SCM Writer of 2814

Actually, it's from Persona 3. "Special Extracurricular Execution Squad", though I'm changing Execution to "Emergency" in mine...

Here are some lines from FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814 chap 3 I wanted to share:

Quote: Kiritsugu coughed nervously as his son tried to staunch the flow of blood down his nose. “Um, hello Saber. It’s been a while. I guess it’s too much to hope you don’t remember the last war the way another Servant wouldn’t?”

“Yes,” Saber said coldly. She considered it dispassionately, then decided it wouldn’t soil her honor to insult him in the harshest way she knew how. ”You Frenchman! Ni! Ni!”
Quote:Saber, still tied up, turned to glare at Kiritsugu. “Your son is an idiot. I blame you.”
Quote:Irisviel sighed. “Honestly Shiro we leave you alone for one day and you and your sister manage to summon Servants, get involved in a Holy Grail War and meet up with two other Masters. Couldn’t you have just called your friends, had a party, tried smoking and drinking and lost your virginities like normal teenagers?”
Check out said crack:
...You, sir, are an evil genius of worth and renown.

And yes, Mission Control actually fits quite well. ^_^
===========

Nice. I really need to get around to playing those games. It's sitting on my shelf and everything. Anyway, that should be fine.

Nu!
-----
An expy of Talia Morgan is okay, if you need an Innocent Fanservice Girl. '.'

-Morgan, not to be confused with things required due to usernames already being taken.

Necratoid

This is going to be a bit off... I've been having the joy of having my power supply croak... the replacement lasting all of a literal 5 seconds and am now using an annoyingly under powered power supply while I wait for the thrid one to get here.  So I'm out of practice from a month of having limited computer access.
The real problem with Asuna here is that all it takes is one line from Vita to have Asuna decide to use the fan of touch attack, no save for you unsummoning.  That alone makes her Doom's Day weapon towards half the cast of FateStay/Night.  I mean seriously that fan hits them or most of their weapons and it will just unsummon them.  Most energy attacks are reduced to stripper beams.  Probable one shot the Grail with a melee atack as well... a summoning requiring a sacrifice is still a summon after all.
Considering I'm already expecting Saber to go after the Wolkenritter for slander... I mean they keep making evil Saber Golems.  Even if you ignore the Magical Girl's Society angle of this... Someone in public is going to see her and think she is one of those eventually.  I seriously doubt this 'new you' image campaign they are running is going to make a happy Saber.
Anyway, with the Vita vs Asuna fight my reasoning is that from what I know (without actually watching/reading the series, kind of an experiment to see just how the fanon fits the canon) Vita and Co are actually summoned agents from the BoD and are thus hard to get rid of as they can just be resummoned.  To me this would involve Vita attempting to do the unstoppable force vs. immovable object game and discover its more OMG HAX powered hammer versus a Fan of Banning.  Which will end up Vita learning how fast she can run away without that thing weighing her down...  I'm also expecting the Gynoids to have stripper beams as standard features and her choice in undergarments to become public knowledge.  Granted that would involve someone sending a blatant summon or Vita mouthing off in exactly the wrong way.... but with all the planning certain unborn people put into this I just can't imagine this not happening... unless its to save it for sneak attack, drama kill when Asuna unsummons the World Killer Kaiju at Arc's end.
As for the Versus suggestions:
-Sick ChaChaZero on a swarm of Servants... if for no other reason then to disturb whoever actually gets close enough to their 200 page target by the way they keep dodging severed Sevant limbs.
-I'm pretty sure those guns from the festival will work on the Servants.  This is likely why the gynoids are there in the first place.  Chao wants them to at least partially drain Evangeline.  This will mean random awake students are likely to end up involved (free meal tickets and other prizes) and that those guns will work on the gynoids and that the devices also included scoreboard projectors.  All in all weirding out the nonlocals even more.  (Its like they all stopped noticing these attacks and invasions)
 Hmm... unless they are truely cursed enough to attack Evangeline is unsealed (the power is out, I think there was only one day a month that trick would work, but its been a while and OneManga got squished, while my computer was down, so I can't check at the moment), its going to end up with her melee... which is going to be hard enough to deal without removing the option to bombard her from the air. Chao does seem to want this attack to succeed.
Though even if they manage it they are going to be draining Evangeline's core... which has a ginormous seal on it made by an over power idiot... which is too complex for anyone to figure out after 15 years... Why do I see the Wolkenritter managing half drain Evangeline getting chased off and then thinking they got away with this.  Though 200 pages could be just what they get before the book fills and it might not even disable her... only to end up getting sucked right back an hour later when the power comes back on.  Though this could happen just after Asuna pops the WKK.   Looks like they lose and everything is being resolved and then the seal kicks in... Thus trapping them on Earth forever and ever (or till that seal it defeated),
On a random side note... at some point Asuna should end up Fan Banning Superman's 5th dimensional stalker.  I remember this one cartoon that had Superman getting rid of him easily over and over again and having him banish a completely different way would do hilariously mean things to its ego.
I think you are overestimating the power of the fan. While it is powerful, it is still a human based magic. I would judge it as being weaker in effect than Caster's Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker. The servants are all pwerful enough that modern magic explictly cannot harm them, unless it is absurdly powerful. Negi's attacks from the recent part of the manga, or the Thousand Master, who is a hero in his own right, would be able to hurt Servants. Asuna's weapon, cool as it is, would be ignored by any of the servants with magic resistance.
-----
Asuna, I feel obliged to point out, is The Imperial Princess of the Twilight. Her mana cancellation is implied to be powerful enough to destroy Mundus Magicus outright, and has been explicitly revealed to have been a decisive strategic asset in at least one major - IE, world-scale - war. She is a legitimate Servant-candidate - albeit as an Antihero - based on her historical reputation.
I consider your position to be about like arguing that Arturia could never have hoped to fight a Servant during her lifetime because, after all, she was just a mortal. Only possibly sillier.
===========

At that point, early on in the series, weren't her powers sealed though? I remember there being a big thing when she got her memories back and everything.
-----
If you still need names: Kaylin Delian, Tiamaris (Mari) Gala, or Jaden Tiernan. 

Kaylin's red hair, purple eyes, short. Think Kenshin except a girl and uses a lance. She's actually a cavalry rider and general in the rps but I wager that wouldn't come in. She usually does enchantment rather than any actual magic so she has some discs that let out of bright flash of light several seconds after priming and her lance has some of the usual enchantments - sharpness, resistance to being broken, etc - and then lightning bolts either on it or coming out of it as a projectile. It recharges and Kaylin is convinced that the lance is sentient. Kaylin's also a big fan of Zhao Yun, which leads her to say some pretty silly things.

Mari's black hair, gold eyes, average height. She's parkour obsessed so she'd be running around the rooftops, gleefully firing at people. She's got a minor possessive streak - she hoards with all that entails - and she'd be pissed at anyone invading HER school and territory (although she has to share with the other students).

Jaden's got grey-brown hair and purplish blue eyes and dual wields swords. Ninja / commando / assassin with a focus on speed although nothing close to what the Mahora group does. Inspiration for her was Kuga Jun from Hayate x Blade, esp. after Jun gets her paired swords. Unlike Jun though, personality wise, she's pretty calm and seemingly unemotional, a bit stand offish with the other students although more due to shyness than anything and feels a responsibility to keep them out of trouble. 

I'm looking forward to your Signum vs. Sakurazaki fight. 

SCM Writer of 2814

Necratoid Wrote:The real problem with Asuna here is that all it takes is one line from Vita to have Asuna decide to use the fan of touch attack, no save for you unsummoning.  That alone makes her Doom's Day weapon towards half the cast of FateStay/Night.  I mean seriously that fan hits them or most of their weapons and it will just unsummon them.  Most energy attacks are reduced to stripper beams.  Probable one shot the Grail with a melee atack as well... a summoning requiring a sacrifice is still a summon after all.
Considering I'm already expecting Saber to go after the Wolkenritter for slander... I mean they keep making evil Saber Golems.  Even if you ignore the Magical Girl's Society angle of this... Someone in public is going to see her and think she is one of those eventually.  I seriously doubt this 'new you' image campaign they are running is going to make a happy Saber.
Anyway, with the Vita vs Asuna fight my reasoning is that from what I know (without actually watching/reading the series, kind of an experiment to see just how the fanon fits the canon) Vita and Co are actually summoned agents from the BoD and are thus hard to get rid of as they can just be resummoned.  To me this would involve Vita attempting to do the unstoppable force vs. immovable object game and discover its more OMG HAX powered hammer versus a Fan of Banning.  Which will end up Vita learning how fast she can run away without that thing weighing her down...  I'm also expecting the Gynoids to have stripper beams as standard features and her choice in undergarments to become public knowledge.  Granted that would involve someone sending a blatant summon or Vita mouthing off in exactly the wrong way.... but with all the planning certain unborn people put into this I just can't imagine this not happening... unless its to save it for sneak attack, drama kill when Asuna unsummons the World Killer Kaiju at Arc's end.
As for the Versus suggestions:
-Sick ChaChaZero on a swarm of Servants... if for no other reason then to disturb whoever actually gets close enough to their 200 page target by the way they keep dodging severed Sevant limbs.
-I'm pretty sure those guns from the festival will work on the Servants.  This is likely why the gynoids are there in the first place.  Chao wants them to at least partially drain Evangeline.  This will mean random awake students are likely to end up involved (free meal tickets and other prizes) and that those guns will work on the gynoids and that the devices also included scoreboard projectors.  All in all weirding out the nonlocals even more.  (Its like they all stopped noticing these attacks and invasions)
 Hmm... unless they are truely cursed enough to attack Evangeline is unsealed (the power is out, I think there was only one day a month that trick would work, but its been a while and OneManga got squished, while my computer was down, so I can't check at the moment), its going to end up with her melee... which is going to be hard enough to deal without removing the option to bombard her from the air. Chao does seem to want this attack to succeed.
Though even if they manage it they are going to be draining Evangeline's core... which has a ginormous seal on it made by an over power idiot... which is too complex for anyone to figure out after 15 years... Why do I see the Wolkenritter managing half drain Evangeline getting chased off and then thinking they got away with this.  Though 200 pages could be just what they get before the book fills and it might not even disable her... only to end up getting sucked right back an hour later when the power comes back on.  Though this could happen just after Asuna pops the WKK.   Looks like they lose and everything is being resolved and then the seal kicks in... Thus trapping them on Earth forever and ever (or till that seal it defeated),
On a random side note... at some point Asuna should end up Fan Banning Superman's 5th dimensional stalker.  I remember this one cartoon that had Superman getting rid of him easily over and over again and having him banish a completely different way would do hilariously mean things to its ego.
I sort of see the WR as kind of like the native non-Megalomesembrian people- created by magic but not exactly all that Ensis Exorcizans vulnerable. Asuna's Magic Canceller and by extension her sword-- which seems to be just an extension of her own abilities-- seems to be a passive, self-protective field. It getting turned into an offensive erasure weapon-- the way the demon count and those scumbags in her dream sequence did-- seems to cause her immense pain. Her melee attacks with her Canceller seem to top off at Barrier Breaking. If it were as lethal as you imply she'd be erasing people in Mundus Magicus left and right just by touching them, and destroying everything she touched. She wouldn't be able to eat because food would disappear. So her Canceller isn't that severe... under normal conditions.
My view is the WR and Servants in general are not so much summons as Constructs. Sure, Servants are summoned, but they are spirit based summons who merely construct a physical body to interact with the world and kick each other's ass. Given that, while Asuna can affect them with her sword, disrupting the magic of the construct, the actual damaged caused by the edge of her weapon would be a bigger threat.
Saber's a bit too busy thinking Shiro's an idiot at this point to care.
Chachazero sounds like a fun idea. I'll see what I can work in.
Those guns, unfortunately, are back where they came from. only Yuuna still has hers, because Akamatus showed her as having them during the 'take their badges' chapters. Evangeline's Seal, as far as I can make out, isn't any of Nagi's doing. All her really did was curse her never to leave Mahora. The spell was Infernus Scholaticus, used to keep delinquents from cutting class. One suspects he knows it because it kept getting used on him.
Superman's way is more fun.
Actually, the 'just a mortal' excuse doesn't fly with fighting Servants. Shiro and Archer are about the same basic level, Archer just has more combat experience and knows more weapons to Trace. And Shiro can effectively counter Gilgamesh, making him Servant-level by default.
He's still a bit of an idiot though.
Quote:They’d had to order Shiro to shut up and just eat his pancakes since he felt compelled to repeat every revelation that came out.
Asuna can't just 'unsummon' the Automatic Defense Program because her sword just sends things back to where they came from. That would mean it just goes back inside poor Reinforce.
And yes, the unborn duo have a plan. It has absolutely nothing to do with the current arc, however. To say more would SPOILER it. That would be BAT.
Check out said crack:
I'm currently playing through F/SN at the moment, and so I'm probably being biased by the emphasis the game places on humans or magii not being able to counter Servants. That said, there was a Noble Phantasm that worked in a similar manner to Asuna's antimagic weapon. In the fourth war, one of Lancer's lances had an antimagic effect, negating Saber's armor and stopping Caster's prana furnace from functioning, but only while it was in contact with them. Asuna's weapon would probably work similarly, assuming she's not in full doomsday mode.
-----

SCM Writer of 2814

Need a strategy guide? Because I know a site. Only if you want it, though.
Check out said crack:
Quote:only to end up getting sucked right back an hour later when the power comes back on.

... That doesn't make sense.

I kind of don't like interpreting Asuna's ability in a way that makes too many things easy for her. It's... boring. (And I still feel like I remember seeing a time in the manga where magic did work on her in a way other than clothing-related.)

As for Chao's plan, I'd been wondering if (rot13 for Nanoha A's ending spoilers) Punb vf gelvat gb fcrrq hc gur pbzcyrgvba bs gur Obbx bs Qnexarff, fb gung gurer'f n punapr bs svkvat guvatf orsber Gubfr Gjb Wrexf pna uvg Unlngr'f Orefrex Ohggba.

Zbfgyl orpnhfr V nyfb unq na vqrn gung vaibyirq fbzrbar frpergyl pbagnpgvat gur Jbyxraevggre naq urycvat gurz trg raretl gung bguref qvqa'g xabj nobhg. Naq orpnhfr Ervasbepr vf n tbbq tvey naq V'q yvxr gb frr n fgbel jurer gurl pna fnir ure fbzrgvzr.

-Morgan. If you're playing an rpg, and encounter a wild Jbyxraevggre? Run!

SCM Writer of 2814

Rot13 for spoilers: Naq abg unir na rcvp Svany Svtug? Jvgu nyy gurfr ornz fcnzzref naq birexvyy-rkcregf ehaavat nebhaq? Jurer'f gur sha va gung? Nf sbe Ervasbepr... V npghnyyl yvxr gur bevtvany zber guna Mjrv. Mjrv vf phgr, ohg bevtvany vf onfvpnyyl Tvey!Frcuvebgu! Qba'g gryy zr gung'f abg fbzrbar lbh jnag thneqvat lbhe onpx. Naq nf V fnvq, Punb'f cyna unf yvggyr gb qb jvgu gur Jbyxraevggre naq zber gb qb jvgu Fpujäemrfgra Anpug
I'd like to ask though. I've arbitrarily put Evangeline at 200 BOD pages, though I believe she's worth a lot more. Beginning of A's Nanoha was worth 20 pages, in canon. How much do you think are Archer, Lancer, Caster, and all the other Servants and Masters worth? Becaue they ARE going to get hit...
Check out said crack:
Well, Saber, Archer and Rider are ranked as B in magical energy. Lancer is C, Assassin is E, canon Berserker is A, and Caster is A+. I would put Evangeline, assuming she isn't sealed, at around B rank as well.

Incidentally, if you don't mind a suggestion, when they do attack and try to drain Caster, I'd like to see her go "Who do you think you are?", and reverse the drain. She's the Servant that specializes in magic, and she's spend the entire War draining magical power from the city. She's not going to give that up without a fight.
-----

SCM Writer of 2814

Caster might actually be the most vulnerable victim of them all (haven't made up my mind about her fate yet) . After all, the WR are Belkans, who specialize in physical boosting with magic to fight. And Caster's... squishy. In one path, when Caster has Rin defeated magically, she punched Caster in the face and beats her up. Since the WR tend to beat up before draining...
Check out said crack:
Pages: 1 2 3 4