Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Lushe = Luce = Light Schneider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Given how his nickname "Darshu" is constructed from "Dark Schneider" it seems a valid hypothesis, and would explain away the inconveinient fact that by releasing him from his sealed form, it's wiping out the cute little kid with the big-sister-little-brother relationship if he was always the same person with suppressed memories, rather than some unlucky nwborn chosen to contain an otherwise unstoppable evil.

That's probably the way it was intended to be all along, but it didn't seem obvious until the name thing hit me just now.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Gah. As a result of http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/l ... ted-220145]Saturday, I'm suddenly picturing Desi Arnaz swooping in and announcing "'Ey, Lushe, I'm hooooome!"
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Gah. Crossover That Should Not Be: Remember which character in Nanoha StrikerS has the family name "Lushe".
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:Gah. Crossover That Should Not Be: Remember which character in Nanoha StrikerS has the family name "Lushe".
Does it give away how much of a Nanoha fan I am, that this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the subject line of this post?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Honestly, the only way that Darshu wouldn't fit in the Nanoha universe is that he doesn't use a Device. Well, there's his attitude, too, but in terms of power mechanics, the White Devil is just as much an Exploder Wizard as he is.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Yuuno never gets a new device after he gives Nanoha RH, and he seems to do fairly well for himself
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
And one could argue that DS is a Lost Logia in and of himself.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:And one could argue that DS is a Lost Logia in and of himself.
This. "Luce" is also short for "Lucifer", isn't it?
More like being the root word - Lucifer was the angel of light, after all. And I find it scary that I know that, given the absolute lack of Christian Bible study I've ever done.

- CD
--
Quote:More like being the root word - Lucifer was the angel of light, after all. And I find it scary that I know that, given the absolute lack of Christian Bible study I've ever done.
Actually, Lucifer was a snarky nickname given to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in Isaiah 14:12. The whole "angel of light fallen in rebellion against God" thing is nowhere in any Judeo-Christian scripture, and amounts to Christian fanon. The TVTropes page on Satan has a good overview.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.