Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Imbued with the power of 1000 citrus preserves, the newest super-hero!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marma-Lad!
(FZASH!)

Zesty, like a streak of orange rind in the night!

(WHOOSH!)

Evil-doers are toast with MARMA-LAD on the case!

(SPLURRT!)

With their get-away car tangled in sticky gel, those bank robbers will never escape the justice of MARMA-LAD!

(Childen laugh and a merry-go-round squeaks as it spins)

And MARMA-LAD is welcomed by the community!

(A late-teen boy with spiked up red-orange hair, a yellow-orange bodyglove, and a darker cape lifts and spins a girl in the ages 9-12 demographic around, then sets her on the ground and speaks to the camera as she hugs him, not tall enough to reach above mid-torso.)

"I'm Marma-Lad, and I look foreward to being a productive member of the team. Thanks for watching the tape!"

(fade to black, then static)

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
An eighteen year old or so rescuing a 12 year old girl, and then hugging her... I hope it's just my dirty mind, but that sounds icky.
Reminds me of Ken's two characters. "Power Prism", who was the Blueside flying zapper who frequently romanced the rescued damsels, and "Power Pervert", who was caught with a pair of underaged twins before being chased out to the Rogue Isles.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
.... *sigh* thank you SO much for that Dragonflight.... now my dirty old man mind is insisting on adding an i to his last name.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
... this is what's wrong with our world today. You see a teenager playing with the kids in the community and you think "Pervert!" not "A responsible young adult, how commendable!"

(Of course, being welcomed by the want-to-prove-they're-still-attractive young mothers in the community might be a different question... he does have the power of citrus preserves, after all, which undoubtedly includes limes, lemons, and luvverly ripe grapefruits as well as oranges.)

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Star Ranger4 Wrote:.... *sigh* thank you SO much for that Dragonflight.... now my dirty old man mind is insisting on adding an i to his last name.
Marma-iLad? I suppose if he accepted a corporate sponsorship from Apple, he'd have to... What? "Not at the front"? Oh.

ClassicDrogn Wrote:... this is what's wrong with our world today. You see a teenager playing with the kids in the community and you think "Pervert!" not "A responsible young adult, how commendable!"
Especially considering that she hugged him, not the other way around.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I understand he has a female counterpart, Lady Marma-Lad...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The Wanderer

My own first reaction to the "adding an I" was "Marma-Ladi? That doesn't - oh.".
"Sorry to keep you waiting, but the Marma-Lad Local has arrived at the platform! All aboard for Pain, Abrasions, Contusions, and Grand Central Ass-Kicking!"
(parried punch)
"Please, no shoving, there's room for everyone."
(dodged fireball)
"Please note that by federal law, there is no smoking allowed on the train!"

- CD actually, these sound like things Doug would say in a fight. Bob, feel free to co-opt them if you like.
--