Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Bunnies XIII: The Bad Hutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually, there's probably been more than a dozen bunny threads already, but I can't be arsed to make an accurate count and the title was funny. What makes it worse is the all I have to start off with is another title, for The Beach Episode:

Laditude & Lassitude (possibly without the mispelling, to make the pun a little less of a hammer to the face)

(throws some aphrodesiacs to the bunnies so as to not be starting a new thread on such a dud)

Okay, here's a bouncy little pup! In Ep1, Nanoha imagines her barrier jacket as a typical mahou shojou affair, because 'that's what's normal for these situations' but what if her thoughts went down a slightly different path, say, Magiranger or Ultraman? Yuuno: (sweatdrops) "Can a Barrier jacket even BE that large?" How will Fate fare against a Giant of Pink Light? I'm not classing this as a real crossover because it would be the influence of fiction in her own world, not combining casts or technologies or whatever. Like the various people who build various clunky, slow moving, but by Tesla they're walker machines mecha in their garage IRL.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Necratoid

Think that one would make more sense as a Kamen Rider crossover... the Ultraman mode is something that she has but can think of no real way practice with.  So it eventually comes up despite her avoiding using that mode like the plague... you know because once you show you have it evil empires show up just to spam kaiju at you endlessly.  I'm pretty sure the end of the reinforce/knights arc would give her a real chance to explain.  After she takes the end boss out melee.  That and that gives her enough time to get enough MP together to actually use that mode for a minute or so.
---
Lets start off with Rosario X Vampire.  The plot doesn't change much beside Moka actually had a good experience at her old school..... they excepted her and her constant rambling on about being a vampire... and how awesome that is.  The change comes when her sister meets her at lunch in disarray... she is incoherent, but they can make something out about her homeroom being composed of some species of demon she keeps referring to as Class F.  She also keeps name dropping some kind of demon lord or something named Shoko Kirishima.
The basic plot is that Shoko Kirishima freaked out the high schools and was shuffled off to Youki Academy to keep her away from them... seeing an opening the directed Class F away from the human world as well.  I really think these two series would rather mesh well... and the raw brains vs. raw brawn theme would invert at YA.  Actually the biggest odd bit is that this makes the crazed rank and file males of class F be going into an environment where they are strangely datable.
The 37th Colonial Fleet has run into the Protodevlin but Nekki Basara is not present to confront them with the power of rock. Fortunately, there is one rocker who can step up and take up the challenge: Oji Tanaka. With the help of Mylene Jenius he sets out to get his band back together.

Macross 7: All's Right In Black Heaven
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Another horrible, horrible pun, to be used when Protagonist has been knocked into the air and turns it into an opportunity for Death From Above:

"It's the Law of the Juggle, What goes up must come back, clown!"

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
As many will remember, I occasionaly have rather strange dreams, and share them to spread the bwah, well, here's another.

It was like one of those touchscreen wall things I've seen in tech news reports, tuned to an animal documentary at first - a fox and kit climbing a rocky slope and then navigating an oddly eroded cliff face, where the rock formed shelves that they carefully hopped down one at a timme, only occasionally by way of a break, more often over the open face. The mama would hop down, then make that odd coughing sort of bark they make to call the kit, and it would cling to the edge with its claws and swing around and down... and slowly I realised that t was as if gravity was reveresed on the underside of the shelves, like the Goblin King's staircase room in The Labrynth, and a voice - mine? - said, "That's why we're looking here - this world had a major reality breach, so it's easy to use as a crossroads."

Then I was touching the view and sliding parts around, across to a silvery metal spike that pierced through it, then down, down, down to the origin of the spike, a baroque-looking city where a uniformed man had fired it from a gun-like armature attached to a larger metal device, looking like a painting except for the incongruously real red-armored soldiers standing nearby - as one of them turned to look at me I hurriedly shifted the viewpint again, away to the side and down down down even more, until a glimpse of something octopuslike that immediately pressed against the view as if it were an aquarium side sent me hurriedly up and off in another direction, watching alarmed as trails of ink curled back the way I'd come - was that a flash of red out of the corner of my eye that diverted their attention?

At ome point I came back to territory I regnised as being the ledges near where I'd seen the fox, and scanned about until I found the silver spike again, this time following it up, up to a diamond spear-tip that burst out of the ground near a vaguely Victorian looking manor-house, one over run with the red armored soldiers. Most of them were painted, this time, though one was lifelike and searching an empty attic dormer room. I touched the surface in a different way, and the veiw swung about to kep furnishings between him and the plane of it, then slipped out the open door and away, away, across the landscape and a sttretch of water and among other houses, and then I pushed too hard and fell through the image, and I thought I had awakened.

It was at that stage of darkness where the last light of day fades by the minute, and while I could hear a fan running and the radio playing none of the lights would work, and the flashlight I found by touch would only work when I wasn't paying attention, as soon as I noticed it had started throwing light I seemed to fumble the switch and it would wink out. Of course, when I actually noticed doing it I started playing with the switch, eventually getting a fairly bright light to reliably shine, if you disregarded the shaodw of the bulb's filament making a squiggle in the middle. Yes, yes, I know, just ignore that for a moment. Anyway, I wandered around, just checking the things for a moment - yes, the fan was spinning, no, the lights in the other room didn't work either; I knew they went of the same breaker and not one, not two, but four spiral flourescents all failinig at once was really odd, was this some freaky world that looked like mine but electricity didn't stimulate phosphorescence or something?

As I thought this, I moved without willing it again, heading outside and wandering around, playing with spinning my light around and finding more interersting shapes to make the squiggle of shadow form shapes, until eventually dawn came as I sat on a back step - at some point, the place had turned into a larger a better maintained version of the house I was familiar with, and instead of a fence and another property fifteen feet from the wall it was in the center of a large set of grounds, with fall colors on the trees instead of the middle of a snowless winter.

The rest has gotten vague as I write - I realised I was early-teens-shaped instead of my pudgy thirtysomething, a man who I didn't recgnise and was clearly exasperated came around one corner, spotted me, and let me in, talkign about someone who was worried becazuse I hadn't been around all night, and I discovered that looking back at my still-burning flashlight in the mirror it showed strange interpenetrating geometric shapes rather than a shining bulb, while looking at the lens directly just showed a diffraction grid molded on the interior like an automobile reflector in white. Mentioning the geometrics cut off the man's grumbling - I forgot to mention, he was dresed vaguely movie-Potterverse-wizardly with black trousers trousers and a long jacket and a wide brimmed pointy hat in dark grey - and drew his attention, he had me look at the mirror for a bit and twiddle the flashlight and say what shaoes it formed. Eventually, I laughed and asked if he thought it had somehow become a magic wand, waving it around and making pew-pew laser noises... and the bright spot it cast in even in a well lit room turned into a tiny white point like a laseer desgniator, and when I pointed it at him larger if fainter spots appeared over his center mass, heart, and head. larmed, he drew a rather more traditional sort of wand, but hesitated with it at the ready as nothing more happened.

Even so, this surprise and the dog deciding to wake up and walk across my legs to get off the bed was actually wake me up, and decide to record the dream as a potential story starter, like I did with the one that became Tatsu no Kanshin. So, here it is. Probably wouldn't work very well as a Potterfic per se without a bit of stretching - maybe inserting as someone who's a freind of a weathy pureblood or halfblood, but an original setting seems like it would be better - it would let you skip over the baggage of the Potterverse that's either focused around Harry or just poorly thought out, and mages living openly as just another demographic group in whatever measure is more interesting, and more plausible, than the secret society thing in any case.

Dealing with the invaders in red power armor, and the eldritch things that may have been set upon them is another important question, and impetus for the viewpoint character to get himself up to scratch with the local magic system, and find out the meaning of the various shapes the magicked flashlight presented, and why they were so interesting to the other dude... anyway, here's the bunny. Hop free little bunny! If you look cute enough maybe someone will adopt - OHMYGODTHEFANGSGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF!!

- CD, Cause of death: Lepus Horribilis inflicted wounds. Why don't these people ever learn?
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Actually, there's probably been more than a dozen bunny threads already, but I can't be arsed to make an accurate count and the title was funny. What makes it worse is the all I have to start off with is another title, for The Beach Episode:

Laditude & Lassitude (possibly without the mispelling, to make the pun a little less of a hammer to the face)

(throws some aphrodesiacs to the bunnies so as to not be starting a new thread on such a dud)

Okay, here's a bouncy little pup! In Ep1, Nanoha imagines her barrier jacket as a typical mahou shojou affair, because 'that's what's normal for these situations' but what if her thoughts went down a slightly different path, say, Magiranger or Ultraman? Yuuno: (sweatdrops) "Can a Barrier jacket even BE that large?" How will Fate fare against a Giant of Pink Light? I'm not classing this as a real crossover because it would be the influence of fiction in her own world, not combining casts or technologies or whatever. Like the various people who build various clunky, slow moving, but by Tesla they're walker machines mecha in their garage IRL.

- CD
Random thought along similar lines... what if she were, say, a Sakura Taisen otaku? Now there, you get some uniforms worth drooling over.... Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
* robkelk gets out shop-vac, takes a decade of dust off this thread

Has it really been that long? Anyway... Ripped from the headlines and made kid-friendly:

Girls und Panzer: Pravda authorizes using tournament ammo while training in Jatkosota's practice field. Of course Jatkosota fights back against having their territory torn up without their permission. Everybody else gets upset - Saunders expresses regret and refuses to take part in a "friendly" with Pravda, St. Gloriana kicks them out of the afternoon tea club, Kuromorimine issues a press release but isn't about to upset the only team that they feel is worthy of their attentions, Anzio and Chi-Ha-Tan would like to be able to help but aren't in any position to intervene, and so on.
(01-16-2012, 12:29 PM)drakensis Wrote: [ -> ]The 37th Colonial Fleet has run into the Protodevlin but Nekki Basara is not present

Thus, the show is already much better all around Smile

Actually, on a more coherent idea, Priss Asagiri as Mylenes mentor in the ways of rock.
Ranma ½: For some ineffable reason, Azusa Shiratori thinks Happosai is "cute".

Write this one however you want - laughs, drama, crackfic-shipping... just don't show it to me.
Today we are gathered together for the wedding of Azusa and Happy in wedded bliss....
(03-25-2022, 10:29 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2012, 12:29 PM)drakensis Wrote: [ -> ]The 37th Colonial Fleet has run into the Protodevlin but Nekki Basara is not present

Thus, the show is already much better all around Smile

Actually, on a more coherent idea, Priss Asagiri as Mylenes mentor in the ways of rock.

Why is this not in "MUST BE"? Wink
edgelord-y teen/superantihero marketed toward them proclaims herself to be "Detharia;" super hates it when people pronounce that like a bowel disorder rather than a swan song Tongue

(Somewhere in the distance, Beavis and Butthead chant "DEATH-A-RHEA CHA CHA CHA! DEATH-A-RHEA CHA CHA CHA!" while headbanging and jamming on air guitars. Daria Morgendorffer looks conflicted over whom to be more dryly scornful of.)