Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The Labyrinth meets The Matrix - Neo is not the only One, or perhaps it's just that Sarah has a rogue Machine and its Agents on her side...

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
The Bureau from Nanoha recruits Penny Brown from Gadget and the Gadgetinis, instead of Nanoha. Yes, that is Penny from Inspector Gadget, but a couple years older. The Gadgetinis can keep an eye on Gadget, while she works for the Bureau
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Speaking of Nanoha...

Spell Card Time! Wrote:Friendship Sign ?Starlight Breaker?

I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if it's been done before...

-Morgan. Just don't ask about "Perverse Friendship ?Easy Harvest Starlight Breaker?"...
No comment required:
On the Daz3D forums, bluto Wrote:[Image: origimage_1_2084856.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Girl Genius For the Science!!!!!

No for the Magic!!!

No Way it must be for the Science!!!

No it must be for the magic I insist!!!

FOR BOTH!!!
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Swiped from the New Fic Recs thread...
Necratoid Wrote:Ignorng that this getting off topic for a bit...
Nanoha
crossed with GG leads to arms races from hell.  Anything they do will
be taken as a 'I can beat that challenge'... by 50 random idiot sparks
passing through town at any given point... Kaiju Reinforce of Doomday
will be mobbed under sheer numbers of ultimate weapons.
The Jewel
Seeds with be improbably hard to track down due to the sheer volume of
Lost Logia lavel crap randomly wandering around or carried around... in
fact I can totally see them written off as failed experiements for
taking too long to recharge... Fate's mom would end up popular for being
able to make a clone so stable it can take that level of abuse and
remain mostly sane.
All in all I think GG Earth has been discover several times and people in the TSAB are actively erasing it from the archives.
We can call it, "Oh No, Not That God Damned Planet Again!"
blackaeronaut Wrote:Swiped from the New Fic Recs thread...

Necratoid Wrote:Ignorng that this getting off topic for a bit...
Nanoha crossed with GG leads to arms races from hell.  Anything they do will be taken as a 'I can beat that challenge'... by 50 random idiot sparks passing through town at any given point... Kaiju Reinforce of Doomday will be mobbed under sheer numbers of ultimate weapons.
The Jewel Seeds with be improbably hard to track down due to the sheer volume of Lost Logia lavel crap randomly wandering around or carried around... in fact I can totally see them written off as failed experiements for taking too long to recharge... Fate's mom would end up popular for being able to make a clone so stable it can take that level of abuse and remain mostly sane.
All in all I think GG Earth has been discover several times and people in the TSAB are actively erasing it from the archives.
We can call it, "Oh No, Not That God Damned Planet Again!"
Oh the possibilities in that for sheer comedic gold...We can have a scene in which a TSA officer opens the file on Earth only to have his computer literally crash and burn. 
Now what are the possibilities for Alicia in a Girl Genius universe? Remember it is a universe in which Mad Science works. One possibility is that scene in which Alicia's cryo pod and Precia both fall into dimensional schism has some possibilities as to final destinations if one wanted to use one of the traditional entry points for Nanoha xovers...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Agatha: "Okay, who the hell's been stuffing people in the void buffer again!? Was it you, Castle?"

Precia: O_o;

Necratoid

Now what are the possibilities for Alicia in a Girl Genius universe?
The issue is you need to be ultra specific on how you do it and need to define exactly what the issue is in the first place and not be at all vague.  Alica has already had a seriously stable clone.. so the issue is that they have to bring her back basically unaltered.  This means no clones, constructification, borging, jagerbrew, ascension into an energy being,, neural uploading... actually I think your stuck with alchemical upgrades and some types of surgery.  In short, the main issue is that mommy dearest is going to be picky and thus not make this easy on them.  I could see this being a matter that ends up creating a Spark magazine that has write in contests for how to deal with particularly picky clients and restrictive specifications.
This looks human, not prone to randomly growing extra personalities, same number of limbs she started with, mobile and coherent.  No destroying the body, must be able to age properly... DNA remains related to relatives... keep current energy manipulation abilities and not spontaneously toss off anti-city blasts unintentionally...
Seriously, that is one picky client... has to stay a girl and everything.
Pretty sure some Jagerdrought will do the trick. Wink
But that's on Precia's "banned" list - no pointed teeth and heavy faux-German accent for her little girl!
--
Rob Kelk

But Gill came out pretty okay. Wink
Isn't the recipe for Jägerdraught lost to time? What Gil got was some kind of concoction that hugely accelerated the natural healing process, which normal humans can't survive (Gil is hardly normal, even for a Spark). Jägerdraught actually turns humans into Jägers, which is a rather staggeringly suboptimal outcome if differences as subtle as handedness make Precia dismiss Fate as worthless.
Proginoskes Wrote:... if differences as subtle as handedness make Precia dismiss Fate as worthless.
Where do you get this from? The movie has Precia mentioning... okay, screaming... that even Fate's handedness is the same as Alicia's, but Fate still isn't Alicia.
--
Rob Kelk

Austin Powers and Undercover Brother
Bleh. I have a bad habit of reading fanfic based on works I've never seen. I think differing handedness has come up in a few fics, but the only one that springs to mind is White Devil of the Moon. Even there, I now recall that it's actually meant to emphasise the point you bring up: Precia was looking for any excuse at all to treat Fate as a broken object rather than as a child, and if their handedness had been the same, she would've latched onto some even tinier (possibly completely imaginary) difference instead.
Proginoskes Wrote:Bleh. I have a bad habit of reading fanfic based on works I've never seen. I think differing handedness has come up in a few fics, but the only one that springs to mind is White Devil of the Moon. Even there, I now recall that it's actually meant to emphasise the point you bring up: Precia was looking for any excuse at all to treat Fate as a broken object rather than as a child, and if their handedness had been the same, she would've latched onto some even tinier (possibly completely imaginary) difference instead.
The movie made it pretty clear - there weren't any differences between Alicia and Fate. Precia still thought she wasn't good enough.
--
Rob Kelk

I believe the handedness issue came up in the original Sound Stages, but since I've never seen an English transcript of them, I may be wrong...
Someone seems to think it's canon.

From the Nanoha wiki's entry on Alicia:

Quote:The only differences between Alicia and Fate seem to be the handedness (Alicia is left-handed while Fate is right-handed) and magical talents (Fate is an S+ ranked mage, whereas Alicia only displayed average magical capabilities).
I will note that the movie is definitely not the same canon as the series.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Space Battleship Yamato and Fate Zero
The quest for Iskandar.
Something that came about in a gaming session last weekend:
Shego and Stitch.
Think of the possibilities...
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Quote:Shego and Stitch.
"No more caffeine for either of you!"
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
DRAG0NFLIGHT Wrote:Something that came about in a gaming session last weekend:
Shego and Stitch.
I suspect that they'd get on like a house on fire.  Make that, a lot of houses on fire.

Shego and Stitch.
I suspect that they'd get on like a house on fire.  Make that, a lot of houses on fire.
Including the part where people have to call the insurance company the next morning.
--
Rob Kelk

Haruhi Suzumiya/Kage Baker's Company

How much do we really know about Mikuru, anyway?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13