Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: If fictional characters played D&D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hermione would play a preistess of Oghma, the god of knowledge.

Ron would be a Sorcerer, able to toss impressive numbers of a few good spells, without all that studying dusty tomes rot.

Harry, who likes to avoid notice generally, would probably be some form of mage-thief. I can't see him giving up on casting ability entirely, and a good Spider Climb, Chameleon or True Strike is invaluable to a Thief.

Fred & George, the human bludgers, would be Chaotic Good variant Paladins, I think. Possibly as a single character between them, the two voices in his head just adding to the Chaotic part of the equation.

Neville, pretty solid Druid material, planned feat progression leading to Treant Wildshape.

Ginny, a Dual-Wield path Ranger, or perhaps a Warmage.

Albus, in a baffling turn that they can't bring themselves to do more then smile shakily and play along with, shows up for the second session (the first having been devoted to character creation with a short go at Monte Cooks "The Orc and Pastry" to get a feel for the basics afterward) with a character all ready to go ... Albie Stocking-Foot, a halfling Bard whose spell selection focuses on Divination and Abjuration, whose feat selection and alternate class abilities plan sacrifices some spell casting for more, and more powerful, Bardic Music, and who wears thick woolly socks instead of going traditionally barefoot due to a shocking lack of below-the-ankle hair.

Luna Lovegood is the Dungeon Master, with Dobby for help with munchies, mood-setting music, shadow-puppets and props.

Now, the real question: Is imagining their campaignm, after running through EN Publishing's "Return to the Orc and Pastry" and defeating the squid-god worshipping goblin ninjas, more terrifying or hilarious?

Timeline, Herry's third year, I think. It could be 6th, but the low quality of post GoF books makes me vote against it.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Necratoid

I've actually seen this... one of the idea list things on FF.net.  The twins managed to roll (without cheating) exactly the same stats on mage/theivs... right down to the HP.  Which creeped people out.  At one point Draco invited himself and kept rolling mages with 12 and below stats... he went through over 30 level 1 characters attempting to off Elminster .  then was told he was attempting to kill the equivalent of Dumbledoor with a first year student.  Was told that if he wanted power he had to actually work for in game and got bored and left.
I think CG Paladins are called Tempests.

CattyNebulart

It would be much more interesting to see the reactions of the character to the game. I can imagine twilight hanging out with a bunch of DnD geeks and going this is all wrong, magic doesn't work like that, etc.

Having batman run a shadowrun campaing for the bat clan or the other Justice league types could be hilarious.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
UF, Wounded Rose Wrote:Utena was prevailed upon to join Devlin's "Dungeons and Dragons" campaign, and shortly became renowned in certain circles for being the only player any of them had ever seen who could make a paladin interesting.
This was a throwaway line in Symphony of the Sword, but it's hard not to imagine what that game session would have been like.  Azalynn the rogue, Kaitlyn the bard, Moose the dwarven cleric (for the reverse height jokes, of course), and Amanda the haughty elf sorceress.
Or if we're talking about Utena characters, Miki would be the NG half-elf wizard or loremaster.  Kozue would be a NE half-orc barbarian, just to be the opposite of Miki.  Saionji would be some variant of rogue, Wakaba a CG monk (don't ask), and Juri perhaps a swashbuckler?  Touga would be not there, because only nerds play D&D when they could be out sleeping with some girl they don't care about.  Anthy plays as a true neutral witch, naturally.  And finally, Akio would be the evil DM.  With an emphasis on the evil part (Swords fall, everybody dies).
-- ∇×V
*Blink-blinks* Okay, you either have or have not read all of Symphony of the Sword. Which is it?
Um, uh... Wounded Rose is the very first movement in the Symphony, so there aren't any other Cephirans there at the time to join the game.  And the Utena stuff is imagined in the original Utena setting, maybe after the Black Rose arc.
Unless there's some other reference to RPing that I forgot about in a later story?  It's entirely possible given the scope of the story.  It's just, the paladin reference has always stuck with me as being especially funny.  Because I would love to see a paladin played by Utena.  (Or, you know, meet her in real life.)
-- ∇×V