Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Macross Flashback 1942 Skull-1 Lightning transform test (WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
~1320 polys without hands and a couple more connector bits in the elbows and anlkes. Not shown: Super-Rocket Booster Pack

- CD, woke up with the head and nacelle designs from a dream, obsessed over the rest all day

Edit: fixed mysteriously vanished video link
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
*whimper* Can't see Flash while at work.... *whimper*
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

CattyNebulart

It's very cool. Too bad it's not a P-61, but you should still send a link to this to the SWQ thread this thursday. I think Yeager flies a P-31, and Tesla is there now... yeah I can see it happening in thread if you provide the animation.

I wonder if it's possible to print that, probably not yet on my machine, it's still not calibrated well enough for that kind of thing. It doesn't look as if you are deforming the pieces or intersecting them, but several of the connectors look tricky.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I haven't fully fine tuned this yet - I generally make a point of having all joints be simple one-axis hinges, occasionally slides, for the sake of keeping posing them simple. When that process is complete, I have something that would still need a lot of detail work to be physically constructed, but quite possible. Back to your first paragraph though, post it to the what now? I've pretty much spent today browsing for WWII fighter stuff instead of tweaking it further, but also kept it running in a small window off to the side to watch and plan said tweaks.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

CattyNebulart

Do you remember the old A Wizard Is You Quest? The Author is at it again, this time in WW2^H War of the Worlds with strike witches, where the main character is a bad-ass fighter pilot who flies a P-61 Black Widow, and he has been outscoring his wingman Chuck Yeager. It's also got lots of other important WW2 personalities around, like Patton, and now Tesla has shown up, apparently with a death-ray. It's all kinds of awesome and I recommended it on the new fic recommendation thread a while back.

link for the lazy: http://suptg.thisisnotatr...ml?tags=strike%20witches the yellow ones are quest threads.

Anyway this fighter would fit right in with the other crazy tech, and I could imagine Tesla building this.

Hmm, your comment above gives me a good incentive to make sure my reprap is really fine tuned soonish.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Heya all. Still mostly offline and without any of my files for the moment, but my uncle has been letting me use his computer, and I made a variable J7W1 Shinden ("Magnificent Lightning") to go with the variable P-38. Behold!

The option parts are desigfned as pairs, but only shown on one side so it can be seen in the clean configuration as well.

- CD

Edit: linked the wrong video
--
Oooooooooo.... (o_o)
...I would really like to see a closer/slower look at the Shinden's transformation.

Because it looks to me like it could totally work for something like an F-16 or other modern single-engined jet, which is something I've always thought would be an awesome twist on the whole VF thing.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Most modern fighters are far longer proportionately than the Shinden, and have their cockpits well forward. But...

http://danbooru.donmai.us...-highres-macross-macross

Warning: Danbooru link, NSFW ads and links

A twin-engine design by the same artist:

http://danbooru.donmai.us...oss-section-gun-gunpod-h

As for getting a closer look, try downloading the mp4 version with KeepVid or JDownloader - it's 1080x720, and there's no motion blur for the express purpose of being able to examine it frame-by-frame.

Or, if you have Blender 2.63, I could just email you the .blend file. I'm thinking about putting it up on Blendshare under the Creative Commons Attribution license, though I'd like to get a non-transforming version with a character rig skeleton system made first.

Current polycount is right around 2000, but most of those are quads so it would double when fully triangulated for game engine use. Even so, that's nice and light for semi-modern systems - I'd expect most games from the last decade to be able to handle it.

- CD
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:http://danbooru.donmai.us...-highres-macross-macross

Warning: Danbooru link, NSFW ads and links

A twin-engine design by the same artist:

http://danbooru.donmai.us...oss-section-gun-gunpod-h
Once again... OOooooooOOOooooo....