Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My Fifth Plot Pony: Friendship Killed My Parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Party with Pinkie Pie? That'll be a fun birthday party.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

dark seraph

9th of October scares me...

I'm 8th of September and that's... really, really, bad.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
BTW, mine is September 28. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being bad, 10 being awesome) how does that rate?

dark seraph

Do we have enough hands for her? Tongue

Between crowd sceen duplicates and somehow managing to be both a Ponyville resident and in Canterlot whenever any of the mane 6 go there, I think that already happened a while back.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

HoagieOfDoom

I've been banished to the moon with Shining Armor.

...what did we do?

Anywho, new multi-chapter Device Heretic story, http://www.fimfiction.net/story/25902/Nocturne]Nocturne.

Device Heretic Wrote:Who am I?

Twilight Sparkle has always found that fundamental question easy to answer. She has always been the prize student and close companion of her mentor, Celestia, Princess of the Sun. She has basked in the love of the Sun her entire life, growing into a powerful mage, a dutiful researcher, and a dear friend to everypony.

That will remain true, though monsters overrun Equestria, plots and schemes threaten the peaceful Equestria she's always known, and ancient mysteries cast a shadow over events, casting all into darkness.

Even if she is robbed, forever, of the warmth of the sun...she will still be Twilight Sparkle.

Right?

The way it's written thus far there are a lot of different directions the story could go in. It doesn't grab me quite as much as Eternal did, but I'm still really intrigued by the premise and first chapter.

EDIT: http://tamalesyatole.deviantart.com/art ... -308478143]This is why you don't play with Celestia's toys, Luna.
[Image: 38c.png]
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
blackaeronaut Wrote:.... Why is it that September always gets the 'Why Would You Do That?' sorts of scenarios?
At least it's not August? There's only 'bad' and 'not quite as bad' for August.
s3yang Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:.... Why is it that September always gets the 'Why Would You Do That?' sorts of scenarios?
Sez you. You're not the one handcuffed to Trixie. (November 4)

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
s3yang Wrote:
Nah nah, you don't get what I mean...  I mean anytime anything like one of these scenario generators pop up... September always has some really odd-ball crap associated with it.  :p
I mean, really?  "Create clones of Pony-X"?  Was that even in Season 2?

HoagieOfDoom

The Changeling army at the end of the finale, though whether they count as clones or copy-cats is up for debate.

Jenova Silverstar

Desperate Times...
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

dark seraph

[Image: i_can_explain__applebloom__by_johnjoseco-d543ji5.jpg][Image: diem_et_nocte_by_niban_destikim-d53zuak.png]

dark seraph

[Image: tumblr_m5v0rmORNV1r5j6x4o1_500.jpg]

Jenova Silverstar

Swim Coach
The Best Teacher We Could Hope For
Secrets of the Everfree
Fires of Friendship
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss
Maybe not for everyone, but I've been enjoying it:  Retired to Equestria
A genre savvy dark lord has had it with assasination attempts and avenging heroes never giving him a moment of peace.  He decides to retire to someplace quiet.  Features an OP OC but an engaging one who actively avoids any significant involvement in major events when he can just snark from the background or sidelines.
----------

RomanFanboy

Dan Gibson has updated his Sic Semper Morituri:My Little Pony fanfic

http://fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6658
The MLP stuff in Gibson's recent work is funny in much the same way the Retired to Equestria story I just recomended is funny with much the same general idea. However, I find that I have completly lost interest in the other half of the action in Gibson's story. Reading his stuff requires work on the part of the reader, filling in the stuff he skips over or otherwise doesn't explain, and the payoff just isn't worth the effort for me anymore.
Edit: So, as I said Retired to Equestria might not be for everyone, his stuff isn't for me these days.
----------

dark seraph

The Tor blog has a quite positive post on Bronies.  
-----

dark seraph

Maaaybe she should of used adifferentvoice for that game... in hindsight. Tongue

HoagieOfDoom

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/32291/1 ... -Ponyville]Zecora Does Ponyville, by Cupcakes. "Zecora's helpful nature has won her many good friends in Ponyville, but they're in for a big surprise when Zecora tries to show them what the best medicine really is. And no, it's not laughter." Short, but funny as heck. NSFW, though not explicitly so.

AWESOME Fanvoice. Really.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I've just found that MLP:FiM is available on the Australian iTunes store in HD. Unfortunately they've released it wrong - in the Top Gear or DVD volume distribution style. Five episodes for AUD$17 with the next 5 another $17. Also came across the first 5 episodes of Transformers Prime for the same price - something that I've all ready picked up on DVD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12