Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I'm sure this has been done...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...but has it been done well?

"Harry Potter and the Transfer Student from Midchilda", anyone?

[size=smaller](Yes, I'm looking for recommendations.)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Awhile ago Catty had the idea that Harry was Admiral Graham's (grand)-nephew. The idea didn't really blossom very far at all. All I've got to show for it is a little teaser of Harry getting off the train first year to find Lotte and Aria waiting for him.
You know, I'm sure there must have been something along these lines somewhere, but for the life of me I can only think of the Ranma and Mai-Otome crossovers when I try to bring it to mind.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Graham would be an interesting, if potentially volatile, addition to that mess.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

CattyNebulart

I remember at least 3 full fledged stories based on that premise, but at least two of them where terri-bad.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I haven't seen Harry actually related to Graham, but there is this:
http://www.fanfiction.net.../Lord_Over_the_Night_Sky
If you visit the FFnet crossover listings, you'll find 22 HP/Nanoha xovers.  A good few play off of the 'Harry gets abandoned by the Dursleys, and adopted by X' pattern, most of them using Graham as a suitable value for X.  LotNS is just the longest of them, and the only one I've tried to read.
(I will also note that, while I've seen the idea done before, I've yet to see it done *well*.)

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Bluemage Wrote:I haven't seen Harry actually related to Graham, but there is this:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7018702/1/L ... _Night_Sky

Okay, that.... no, I can't even.. I was really only able to read the first few lines before bailing from that. Cliche'd premise, no real setup, grammar. Just, no.

And with a simple data mine later, found my entry into the HP/Nanoha realm back in the archives. http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/rep ... eply-11331
Bluemage Wrote:(I will also note that, while I've seen the idea done before, I've yet to see it done *well*.)
Oh, dear...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012