Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Potterfic search - Cold Harry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's not a title per se, though. One of the time loops fics had a chapter where the looping Harry did one playing at having had all emotion beaten out of him by the Dursleys, to the point that he couldn't comprehend freinds let alone love, only allies for mutual benefit (Hermione had been accepted under sponsorship or something on the justification that her brilliance would make her useful while his name or his wand would counter social prejudice) just to see the headbastard wince every time he tried to
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
go into a 'power of love' speech and Harry cut it off with replies ranging from "I wouldn't know, having never experienced it" to "Indeed, love is a powerful weapon - threaten what a man loves and he panics, crush it and he flies into a careless rage or despairs. Fortunate that I do not suffer such a weakness." Anyone know any good (ie non-slash, non-Snape apologist, technically passable) fics giving it a longer treatment?

- dNN
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Hm. Sounds a little like http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7093738/1/Brutal_Harry]Brutal Harry by LordsFire.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Fic Search #e^pi^i

Came across a fic a while back, recall it fondly but can't remember title or author.

Basic premise had Harry starting a new magical school as an alternative to or prep for Hogwarts. May have involved time-travel, definitely involved a magical orphanage of some sort, and I vaguely recall the school itself was set in Wales. Sirius and Remus may have been teachers. Focused on helping Muggleborns integrate into Wizarding society, that sort of thing...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3761766/11/The_Har ... rtal_Style
New Loop #8
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Yeah, that's the one I was originally thinking of. I've also at least started Brutal Harry before - I don't think it was complete then - but I was wondering if there were more works on that theme.
--