Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: UY:TSY and associated stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Fred... Finally just decided to start plowing through TSY and see what was up.
I've made it up through the start of "My Darlings United" thus far, and I can already see where a lot of the ideas you've been using in your more recent fics come from. Looks like a number of things were on the Addventure, too? Any recommendations where to start reading, there?
And I can't think of a better way to put this, but... your writing quality has really improved a lot since TSY.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Practice, practice and more feedback... err practice. Its the same improvement in the overall quality of work you see when you compare Undocumented features Cores 1-3 with Symphony of the Sword.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

sparkthatbled

Well, as far as I know, all of the Anime Addventure threads Fred writes are basically hard resets that start at one place and go on from there.

My two favourite threads, as in the threads I usually end up flicking through and want to continue from where Fred left them are Obnoxious Sentimental Princesses (where Ataru bangs the cast of Sentimental Journey, and Sailor Pluto creates a kid from the fetilised eggs of each of the girls. who is the new Sailor Terra... no I ain't kidding) and The Doctor Is In (where Ataru and Ranma and their friends are turned into superheroes), so I guess it's wise to start from there.

Though as a full disclosure, most of Fred's Anime Addventure threads all look the same to me anyway...
ECSNorway Wrote:So, Fred... Finally just decided to start plowing through TSY and see what was up.
I've made it up through the start of "My Darlings United" thus far, and I can already see where a lot of the ideas you've been using in your more recent fics come from. Looks like a number of things were on the Addventure, too? Any recommendations where to start reading, there?
And I can't think of a better way to put this, but... your writing quality has really improved a lot since TSY.
I appreciate the complement, ECS.  I just wish you would have sent such comments to me via e-mail.  I normally don't visit these chat sites like some people do, so when I see comments like this - or flames like some people have done to me in the past - it tends to hit me the wrong way.
Star Ranger4 Wrote:Practice, practice and more feedback... err practice.
Since I don't get much in the way of feedback, Star - as in direct feedback - I have no choice but to keep practicing. *shrugs*
sparkthatbled Wrote:Though as a full disclosure, most of Fred's Anime Addventure threads all look the same to me anyway...
Sorry you feel that way, Spark.  I try to make new things . . . but I have a lot of pet peeves (as we all do) that I like to rant on every chance I get, so I tend to focus on that.
Pyeknu Wrote:
ECSNorway Wrote:So, Fred... Finally just decided to start plowing through TSY and see what was up.
I appreciate the complement, ECS.  I just wish you would have sent such comments to me via e-mail.  I normally don't visit these chat sites like some people do, so when I see comments like this - or flames like some people have done to me in the past - it tends to hit me the wrong way.
Sorry... I didn't have an email for you at the time I posted this. Still don't, to be honest. If I'd known you weren't checking the OPF threads I'd've just PM'ed you.

Still, the recent stuff is fun to read, IMO, and there's some interesting worldbuilding in there.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:Sorry... I didn't have an email for you at the time I posted this. Still don't, to be honest. If I'd known you weren't checking the OPF threads I'd've just PM'ed you.

Still, the recent stuff is fun to read, IMO, and there's some interesting worldbuilding in there.
Well, FYI, all my Addventure stuff (my pen-name there is "Gorgo") has my e-mail address embedded in it; if you don't know, when you post episodes there, you can put in an e-mail address for personal contact purposes.
As for FF.net, since we can't include e-mail addresses in the story text, I don't bother doing it these days.